Dumbo (2019) (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: July 29, 2019
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order Friday, March 29 @ 12 noon UK time)
Price: £32.99
Notes: No title on spine has photos instead

12079771-1254692425240346.jpg

12079771-1084692425811042.jpg 12079771-2464692425486685.jpg 12079771-1884677403412889.jpg

12079771-2004677403229793.jpg

12079771-1564677404050014.jpg 12079771-1134677403533135.jpg 12079771-1884677403412889.jpg
12079771-5314660827777246.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Tbh I’ve heard good things about aladdin

I’m someone who went off will smith many years ago. Imo he’ll never top the first men in Black and I have a thing for I am legend. When he was announced as the genie I was fuming. Then the first teaser dropped and I just laughed. Since then the more I’ve seen of him in trailers he and it looks better. But yeah a few friends have recommended aladdin.

I’m really looking forward to watching dumbo too. Again like smith, I went off burton many years ago, he was once my favourite but now he just makes sh*t with depp. Who also once upon a time was my favourite actor. But imo they ruined each other

However this gives off a big fish vibe to me and it don’t include depp... so I’m up for it.
So far I’ve been happy with the majority of the live action Disney remakes

Tbh I’ve heard good things about aladdin

I’m someone who went off will smith many years ago. Imo he’ll never top the first men in Black and I have a thing for I am legend. When he was announced as the genie I was fuming. Then the first teaser dropped and I just laughed. Since then the more I’ve seen of him in trailers he and it looks better. But yeah a few friends have recommended aladdin.

I’m really looking forward to watching dumbo too. Again like smith, I went off burton many years ago, he was once my favourite but now he just makes sh*t with depp. Who also once upon a time was my favourite actor. But imo they ruined each other

However this gives off a big fish vibe to me and it don’t include depp... so I’m up for it.
So far I’ve been happy with the majority of the live action Disney remakes
aladdin was good and its worth it to buy this film. i dont know about Dumbo and it looks like a mix reviews

its £32 and its extremely ugly.

what exactly is the motive to buy this? the steelbook tax is out of control

Looks exactly the same as BBs
Yes, same as BBs although the finish/treatment may be different.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Love the artwork and happy to see confirmation of same . . . at the very least the title should be debossed.

However, really annoyed by this release because of only the one steelbook option (in the UK) and also because the one steelbook is outrageously priced as one of the most expensive ever released in the UK . . . for 33 quid I'd expect to see 4K+3D+2D discs . . . no 3D+2D or even just 2D UK steelbook options stinks like a pile of horse excrement.

The 2D option appears to be only available from Amazon Spain at the time of writing (which doesn't help me personally).

The good news that affects all these Disney releases is that the previous heads on spines policy for certain other territories (after CAPTAIN MARVEL) has been abandoned in favour of proper titles.

• Haha
Reactions: TEX-ARSE
ive seen the aladdin and the film was ok and worth it to buy in my opinion
I don't know if I'd buy it, but it's not a bad movie. It's predictable (and I never saw the original), but it's a pleasant movie. Definitely not in the same category as Dumbo (or even Mary Poppins Returns). But we'll see. If I love the art I may pick Aladdin up.

Have cancelled this. I'm so sick of the non inclusion of the 3D disc. Much like others I have no need for a 4k disc and no way I'm paying £33 for a bog standard steelbook that doesnt even have the 3D disc. I woulda payed that maybe if they'd packed in all 3 discs (blu ray, 3D and 4K) but hell no for what it is.

3D is far more immersive and I'm tired of the UK releases getting left out. So its cancelled.

Reactions: Actarus and neo
Have cancelled this. I'm so sick of the non inclusion of the 3D disc. Much like others I have no need for a 4k disc and no way I'm paying £33 for a bog standard steelbook that doesnt even have the 3D disc. I woulda payed that maybe if they'd packed in all 3 discs (blu ray, 3D and 4K) but hell no for what it is.

3D is far more immersive and I'm tired of the UK releases getting left out. So its cancelled.

I believe it's only France and India that get the full treatment these days but I could be wrong.

Yes, it's all relative . . . but due to the film's 'lack of success' at the box office - $350 - compared to ALADDIN's $724 for example it's been reported that steelbooks in all territories (except the US) will have thumbnail picture spines just like THE NUTCRACKER AND THE FOUR REALMS ...
1560807321676.png

... which seems a bit daft considering the title is on the front (in big) and "Dumbo" is surely a *universally recognised title:-
https://steelbook.com/releases/dumbo/
1560806750323.png

*Also Known As (AKA)
(original title) Dumbo
Argentina: Dumbo
Brazil: Dumbo
Canada: (French title) Dumbo
France: Dumbo
Germany: Dumbo
Israel: (Hebrew title) Dumbo
Italy: Dumbo
Portugal: Dumbo
Romania: Dumbo
Slovenia: Dumbo
Spain: Dumbo
Turkey: (Turkish title) Dumbo
USA: Dumbo
Uruguay: Dumbo
Vietnam: Dumbo

Looks exactly the same as BBs
Yes, same art but different finish/treatment:
- Best Buy = full gloss with debossed title + embossing of the "D" and the cage bars on the back + spine title.
- ROW = zero finish (debossing to be confirmed) and picture spine.