Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
4.50 star(s) Rating: 4.50/5 2 Votes
Title: Dune: Part Two

Genre: Adventure, Science Fiction, Drama

Director: Denis Villeneuve

Cast: Timothée Chalamet, Zendaya, Rebecca Ferguson, Javier Bardem, Stellan Skarsgård, Josh Brolin, Dave Bautista, Charlotte Rampling, Stephen McKinley Henderson, Roger Yuan

Release: 2024-03-01

Plot: The second chapter of ‘Dune’ (2021).

“I’m not breaking news today,” Sarnoff said. But the team is more than happy with the $130 million the film has grossed internationally. Kilar pointed out enthusiastically that the film has yet to open in North America, China, or the U.K.

“We’re really, really happy with where we’re at 14 days in,” he said. Sarnoff did illuminate what factors will determine whether a sequel eventually gets the go-ahead.

“The story in itself sets up for a sequel. The production is so amazing and the storytelling is so compelling that it’s not going to be judged on box office alone,” Sarnoff said, explaining that the green light will be based on “the entirety of what ‘Dune’ can do for the company, including HBO Max.” She also noted that the box office has not fully recovered from the pandemic, which is changing the way the studio is assessing the future box office potential of its movies.

“We’re not doing our ultimates in green lights the way we used to,” Sarnoff said. “You have to kind of consider the circumstance that we’re in now, and project to a more normal circumstance.”

Should of been filmed back to back Dune was one of the best movies i have seen loved it now got to wait two more years
Agreed, but kinda risky from the studios point of view tbf... they obviously wanted to see how well the first one performed before spending more $$$ on a part 2.

Reactions: Drum18
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database