Dunkirk (4K and Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 16) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: October 30, 2020
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip (4K + BD + Bonus) - Single Lenti (4K + BD + Bonus) - Double Lenti (BD + Bonus) (Pre-order on August 28 at 8 PM - Hong Kong time)
Price: $159.97 (Box Set) - $52.99 (Full Slip - Single Lenti) - $47.99 (Double Lenti)
Group buy: Box Set - Full Slip - Single Lenti - Double Lenti
Note: One Click 400 copies - Full Slip 800 copies - Single Lenti 800 copies - Double Lenti 800 copies

WEA - Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed Title".
Full Slip: Scratch Resistance Coating, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing, Spot Foil
Lenticular Full Slip: 3D Lenticular, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing, Spot Foil
Double Lenticular Full Slip: 3D Lenticular x 2, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing, Spot Foil
One Click Box: Scratch Resistance Coating, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing, Spot Holofoil
Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker, Tip On.

Dunkirk_Overall_OC_5000x.jpgDunkirk_Overall_FS_5000x.jpgDunkirk_Overall_LS_5000x.jpgDunkirk_Overall_DLS_5000x.jpg
9F229698-06D1-4494-8370-73D70FF3D4E3.jpeg

Last edited:
My problem with Dunkirk is that a lot of the movie is just nothing really happening to advance the story. As war films go it's a fairly boring affair that relied more on the constant booming music track for tension than what was actually happening on screen.

Also, it felt very rushed to me. There were meant to be thousands of soldiers on the beach but we only see a few hundred at best. Same thing with the fleet of boats at the end.

It was all very disappointing to me going by Nolans usual high standards in storytelling.

My problem with Dunkirk is that a lot of the movie is just nothing really happening to advance the story. As war films go it's a fairly boring affair that relied more on the constant booming music track for tension than what was actually happening on screen.

Also, it felt very rushed to me. There were meant to be thousands of soldiers on the beach but we only see a few hundred at best. Same thing with the fleet of boats at the end.

It was all very disappointing to me going by Nolans usual high standards in storytelling.
I see what you mean. I agree that this particular event is not the one that can be transferred to become a blockbuster filled with action sequences, nonetheless it was a very important historic event. I think Nolan did the most he could to make it an interesting cinematic experience having 3 different timelines unfolding at the same time gloriously shot on IMAX cameras with one of the best Hans Zimmer’s score. He made the choice to not have characters during the evacuation to show the realism of war, which I appreciate

Reactions: Chokwe
Dunkirk is a hard one. It isn't as enjoyable as his other films but I still prefer it to TDKR. It's just so well edited and shot. But it also isn't that interesting in my opinion. I think it's still better then 1917, I found that movie to be pretty standard, except for the cinematography. But anyway, war movies aren't really my thing so I have problems truly loving any of them. The only war movies that I really really love are Come And See and The Thin Red Line.

Btw, here's an interesting video on the Dunkirk editing. Made me appreciate it a lot more.

Dunkirk is a hard one. It isn't as enjoyable as his other films but I still prefer it to TDKR. It's just so well edited and shot. But it also isn't that interesting in my opinion. I think it's still better then 1917, I found that movie to be pretty standard, except for the cinematography. But anyway, war movies aren't really my thing so I have problems truly loving any of them. The only war movies that I really really love are Come And See and The Thin Red Line.

Btw, here's an interesting video on the Dunkirk editing. Made me appreciate it a lot more.

I do agree that the cinematography, editing, score, acting are great. But the film just bored me. It felt like nothing.
Harry styles was better than I thought he would be though

Reactions: zeebeer