Dunkirk (4K and Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 16) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: October 30, 2020
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip (4K + BD + Bonus) - Single Lenti (4K + BD + Bonus) - Double Lenti (BD + Bonus) (Pre-order on August 28 at 8 PM - Hong Kong time)
Price: $159.97 (Box Set) - $52.99 (Full Slip - Single Lenti) - $47.99 (Double Lenti)
Group buy: Box Set - Full Slip - Single Lenti - Double Lenti
Note: One Click 400 copies - Full Slip 800 copies - Single Lenti 800 copies - Double Lenti 800 copies

WEA - Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed Title".
Full Slip: Scratch Resistance Coating, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing, Spot Foil
Lenticular Full Slip: 3D Lenticular, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing, Spot Foil
Double Lenticular Full Slip: 3D Lenticular x 2, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing, Spot Foil
One Click Box: Scratch Resistance Coating, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing, Spot Holofoil
Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker, Tip On.

Dunkirk_Overall_OC_5000x.jpgDunkirk_Overall_FS_5000x.jpgDunkirk_Overall_LS_5000x.jpgDunkirk_Overall_DLS_5000x.jpg
9F229698-06D1-4494-8370-73D70FF3D4E3.jpeg

Last edited:
Dunkirk is a hard one. It isn't as enjoyable as his other films but I still prefer it to TDKR. It's just so well edited and shot. But it also isn't that interesting in my opinion. I think it's still better then 1917, I found that movie to be pretty standard, except for the cinematography. But anyway, war movies aren't really my thing so I have problems truly loving any of them. The only war movies that I really really love are Come And See and The Thin Red Line.

Btw, here's an interesting video on the Dunkirk editing. Made me appreciate it a lot more.

How about a video of the Batman and Robin editing? I want to see how the editor survived the editing process.
How did he not get a hernia laughing so much or how did he avoid a deep depression from so thankless a job?

• Haha
Reactions: DMD4k and zeebeer
To stir it up a bit :) Lets hear about Dunkirk from another master director :)

That video has only few bits, but the full podcast is waaay better: ‘Dunkirk,’ With Quentin Tarantino, Sean Fennessey, and Chris Ryan

The Rewatchables is a great podcast. For people who don’t know they go like 1-2 hours on a film and discuss it in a fun way.

Quentin chose to discuss this film btw. He was available for 3 movies and could choose anything they haven’t already covered. He picked Dunkirk, Unstoppable and King of New York.

Reactions: CollectorEmtee
The Rewatchables is a great podcast. For people who don’t know they go like 1-2 hours on a film and discuss it in a fun way.

Quentin chose to discuss this film btw. He was available for 3 movies and could choose anything they haven’t already covered. He picked Dunkirk, Unstoppable and King of New York.
Yep, really enjoyed listening to his thoughts about the film. Its quite different from anything else and he gives very good insight from the directors point of view. :thumbs:

Reactions: jasong and IRON MAN
Tarantino is famous for liking some awful films :coffee: :LOL:

Tbf, all Tarantino talks about there is how good it looks, the practicality of the shots and Nolan being Nolan. Which is everything I too appreciate about Dunkirk lol.
But Tarantino does love some really bad films.... as we all do

Reactions: BluSteel2012

Tbf, all Tarantino talks about there is how good it looks, the practicality of the shots and Nolan being Nolan. Which is everything I too appreciate about Dunkirk lol.

I take exception to that, I only like true masterpieces

:LOL::rofl:

Not only does he like them, he also directs them!!!

HDN: home of the highest density of Tarantino no. 1 fans on the web.
The guy has 3-4 good/cult movies under his belt. Who doesn't??

P.S. It wasn't a joke.

Reactions: satanclaus
Someone has to balance out all the fanboys and girls.

So much Tarantino nonsense like he can no wrong.

Reactions: RMA