Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2013
USA
IMG_9032.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Informative
Reactions: HUBMUSWELL
i think he will almost certainly go next year , being a everton fan , my 2nd team has always been utd , so id love him to go to utd , chelsea and the chosen one and also terry (making quotes about stones taking batton from him) have left a bitter tast in my mouth , very dissapointed with them , use to like chelsea but not now , i tell u what though @bigwednesday0 and u being a utd fan will know all about everton teams at goodison with the crowd behind them , come Saturday 12th sept 12.45 , that goodison crown will be electric for chelsea . i would take a win against them for a lost to liverpool

Reactions: bigwednesday0
I am guessing you meant of who was there?

Obviously in history of manutd keepers he's way down the list, some incredible keepers down the years.

Greig
Schmeichel
Van der Sar

I've always thought Aaron Lennon was a good player, good signing for Everton.
Of course that I what I meant!!
Schmeichel is the greatest goalie I have actually seen play the game.
Great at shot stopping. Superb in the air. Distribution second to none.
Intimidating character. Simply the BEST.

Reactions: Flash
i think he will almost certainly go next year , being a everton fan , my 2nd team has always been utd , so id love him to go to utd , chelsea and the chosen one and also terry (making quotes about stones taking batton from him) have left a bitter tast in my mouth , very dissapointed with them , use to like chelsea but not now , i tell u what though @bigwednesday0 and u being a utd fan will know all about everton teams at goodison with the crowd behind them , come Saturday 12th sept 12.45 , that goodison crown will be electric for chelsea . i would take a win then for a lost to liverpool
Your right. The crowd will be wound up for the Chelsea game. Quite rightly so.
All the talk from Chelsea would have been very off putting for Stones but it seems not to have affected him on the field.
Good on the lad!

Reactions: PunkNinja
Of course that I what I meant!!
Schmeichel is the greatest goalie I have actually seen play the game.
Great at shot stopping. Superb in the air. Distribution second to none.
Intimidating character. Simply the BEST.

Greig
Schmeichel
Van der Sar

Those are three of the best goalies ever for any clubs

Greig
Schmeichel
Van der Sar

Those are three of the best goalies ever for any clubs
Never saw Harry Gregg play but being a United fan all my life ( long time!!), I have read many articles on him. He was a very brave man. True legend amongst United fans.
Van Der Sar was superb. United wanted him when he was at Ajax, but he chose Juventus instead. He would have been the perfect replacement for the Great Dane!

Never saw Harry Gregg play but being a United fan all my life ( long time!!), I have read many articles on him. He was a very brave man. True legend amongst United fans.
Van Der Sar was superb. United wanted him when he was at Ajax, but he chose Juventus instead. He would have been the perfect replacement for the Great Dane!

Edwin Van der sar did play for Utd?

Glad it's all over now!! It seemed like every time I looked, United were getting rid of players!!

Same here! It was such a bad transfer window for Utd I feel like someone has died it was that depressing :ugh:

I can't believe van Gaal made TWO colossal blunders in one day. Getting rid of Januzaj on loan :wow: and paying stupid money for a half decent prospect that's probably got no more potential than Wilson. Crazy, just crazy :(

Reactions: PunkNinja and Flash
Same here! It was such a bad transfer window for Utd I feel like someone has died it was that depressing :ugh:

I can't believe van Gaal made TWO colossal blunders in one day. Getting rid of Januzaj on loan :wow: and paying stupid money for a half decent prospect that's probably got no more potential than Wilson. Crazy, just crazy :(

Sadly this kind of nonsense would never have happened under Fergie and David Gill. look at all Utd won and they never spent silly money on players. Since he left David Moyes was clueless and spent and now LVG seems even more clueless, Januzaj was a great talent and if he has just given the boy a chance. Same goes for Chicharito he was a good wee striker even as a super sub. I don't know what went wrong with RVP I feel heart sorry for him to be honest I think he came to Utd for Fergie, he was sold on the family unit that UTD were and he was so good and happy first season. This is why I still don't believe Fergie wanted to go(please let's not debate anymore, just a feeling) I don't think he would have left Arsenal if he knew Fergie was leaving so soon. He seemed heartbroken ever since and again picked up injuries, shame was once a hell of a player :(

Spending so much on this kid is crazy downright crazy and the 'international incident' that the Degea situation has caused. They are both blaming each other and releasing statements, what really happened? Did Real Madrid get cold feet at the last minute? Did Utd stall to keep their goalie?? Was it just sloppy mismanagement?

It's all a bit strange, I wonder if it was Real Madrid hoping to get him cheaper and Man Utd hoping to get more I mean this deal was rumoured all summer yet they only talked yesterday?

Now what happens with Degea I think it's harder than just coming back to UTD he's got to go to Spain for the internationals :(

Will he play for Utd now? Depending on how Degea sees it or the people around him do, this could be a chance for Utd to keep him, play him, convince him it was Real Madrid's fault and throw money at him, yes he turned it down before but time changes things look at Rooney, leaving then not so much...

It was a **** window for chelsea, so much for Pogba or stones? :(

That's the main difference between U.S. team sports and European football. In the U.S. the players drives the team, if a star player don't like the coach, most of the time the coach will get fired. In Europe it's vice versa and most of the time the manager ruins the team. You need good players to make a better team.
I think this is LVH last season if United didn't finish at least 2nd place on the league title and at least gets through the quarter finals on the Champions league.

That's the main difference between U.S. team sports and European football. In the U.S. the players drives the team, if a star player don't like the coach, most of the time the coach will get fired. In Europe it's vice versa and most of the time the manager ruins the team. You need good players to make a better team.
I think this is LVH last season if United didn't finish at least 2nd place on the league title and at least gets through the quarter finals on the Champions league.

Agreed some good points :)

I think, although no managerial experience had they kept Giggs as maanger things could have been so different. When he was announced that first game the feeling was incredible the joy was there with supporters they didn't fear without Fergie, Giggs is the closest thing to Fergie and Utd , he knew the Utd way and then so quickly they announced LVG and it deflated, and I think it was so obvious he was told to keep Giggs to try and keep that feeling but it didn't work and this spending has been crazy last season and this £60m for DiMaria who within a season is gone, all that money on Shaw and I mean Rojo, Blind and Herrea they aren't Man Utd players.

I agree if they don't make top 4 LVG will also go.

@Flash I don't think he'll survive if United finished 4th on the league title. I think City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Swansea and Liverpool are better teams right now.
If they sack LVH next season, we will be back to square one.

@Flash I don't think he'll survive if United finished 4th on the league title. I think City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Swansea and Liverpool are better teams right now.
If they sack LVH next season, we will be back to square one.

Also, Utd only just managed to grab 4th place in the league last year even without the distraction of European football. This year they DO have that distraction (plus tiredness from extra games) and if anything the squad is actually worse this season and even less equipped to cope with the extra games / competitions - despite the vast amount of money spent.

I genuinely think they could even drop out of the Champions League places again this year :(

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Flash and PunkNinja
Also, Utd only just managed to grab 4th place in the league last year even without the distraction of European football. This year they DO have that distraction (plus tiredness from extra games) and if anything the squad is actually worse this season and even less equipped to cope with the extra games / competitions - despite the vast amount of money spent.

I genuinely think they could even drop out of the Champions League places again this year :(

Sadly sometimes you see a situation and to be honest you have to be bad to get good. I think LVG has to go as did Moyes, I would even give Giggs another shot someone who knows the club and how it moves and breathes is what is needed, and I'm sorry but a clear out of the recently bought players they aren't good enough for Utd.

Reactions: ChrisIW
View attachment 185446View attachment 185447View attachment 185448View attachment 185449View attachment 185450View attachment 185451View attachment 185452
I didn't realise there were so many, until I started looking!! He must have been having a bad day [emoji3]
Good luck to the lad and to Everton.
On a side note, there were rumours that Naismith was gonna leave. Very surprised to hear that. Glad he stayed. Good, solid performer. A trier.
A nice, generous guy too [emoji106]
hey @bigwednesday0 , happy photos just for u buddy
Lennon12.jpg
lennon750_bootroom.jpg
lennontvinteview.jpg

Reactions: bigwednesday0
I KNEW IT!!!

So much for he's soooo desperate to go to Madrid.

If you look back in this thread I said based on all the transfer mess that Man Utd would throw money at him and he would sign a new deal and lots of people told me no that won't happen...

Well...

image.jpg

What the hell is going on with Chelsea?
You guys/gals think Mourinho will be sack?