snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: June 1st, 2015
Purchase link: Ex_Machina
Price: £21.99
Notes: Embossed Front with Gloss Varnish Finish and Debossed Reverse. Limited to 2,000 copies.
Steelbook is not silver

11072619-1424269404-678753.jpg

11072619-1424269404-678814.jpg

11072619-1424269404-678707.jpg

11072619-1424269404-678702.jpg

11072619-1424269404-678758.jpg

In hand hidefninja.com exclusive pics:
Posted here 12:09pm EST, May 7 as received from Zavvi

cjgidi1431014896-jpg.158575

be2uwy1431014853-jpg.158576

fl3rah1431014804-jpg.158577

Last edited by a moderator:
have tbh here that front cover makes no sense at all unless some how is severely relevant to the film, just think someone has tried getting fancy and not done that good a job of it myself.
as to steelbook of the year comments, i would wait till you have it hand.
personally glad i missed this on the pre-order but different strokes for different folks.

basil :thumbs:

i havent seen the film but i know it features A.I. ... so its not really about her face, or anything that is on the surface, its about things you cant see. a realistic face doesnt mean a machine has a soul. its somewhere inside. i think the disassembled 'body' is a reference to the exploration of this subject. i havent seen the film so i might be totally wrong lol

the art reminds me of the art from ghost in the shell: innocence.

ghost_in_the_shell_2_inno_400_1680.jpg

Reactions: Slinchafi
i havent seen the film but i know it features A.I. ... so its not really about her face, or anything that is on the surface, its about things you cant see. a realistic face doesnt mean a machine has a soul. its somewhere inside. i think the disassembled 'body' is a reference to the exploration of this subject. i havent seen the film so i might be totally wrong lol

the art reminds me of the art from ghost in the shell: innocence.

ghost_in_the_shell_2_inno_400_1680.jpg
Yep you are wrong, the film deals quite a bit on her physical appearance, and can relationships be formed with AI. Her face was far more fitting as a representation of the film. This junk is just someone trying to be clever. Probably the same person that designed that God awful Wolf Of Wall Street yellow mess.

Reactions: StifflersDad
Oh yeah I'm loving this. I didn't like the mock up and so glad they have gone with something unique. Let's face it that's what's this design is. And the finish and embossing and back debossing is like music to my ears. This is a blind buy and I can't wait to see it. Love the trailer. Definately keeping my order. My birthday the day after release so hopefully here on time as a little present

Last edited:
Reactions: lolwut
Ehrm, hasnt even been in the cinemas here yet (end of january in uk right?) and the steelbook has already been announced and sold out.. woot. Atleast let me have a friggin chance to watch the movie first before they even open a preorder for the steel :/
Jan 23rd, so nearly 4 Weeks ago- You do know the whole 'pre order a steelbook and if you change your mind before release date you can cancel it' philosophy, right??
On a similar vibe, Marvel steelbooks often get released for pre order on the day of their theatrical release (Big Hero 6, GotG are two examples..) and we all know how quick they sell out- Best to get pre orders in fast, especially films with ultra low quantities made, as is the case with this...

Reactions: C.C. 95
Loving this artwork - now kicking myself that I didn't get a pre-order in, but hopefully will be able to snag a cancellation nearer the time.
There should be plenty of cancellations when the white turns out to be bare metal.

Initially I couldn't help but lament the lack of Alicia Vikander on that front cover... but it didn't take me too long to get over that really = very nice looking steelbook right there.

In concept/on image and text alone, I LOVE this design. First and foremost, bravo to the designers for daring to use different artwork from the regular amaray case (as I'm guessing the amaray will be the original mock up art used up to now) Incidentally, for those who don't know, this was poster art.

Secondly, the finishing on this sounds great- embossed/debossed and gloss all on the same steelbook? I'm in.

It's fitting that such a good movie (at least in my humble opinion) is worthy of such a good release- Here's hoping the steelbook is white, that's the only think that could make or break this...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 90
Reactions: Punker76 and lolwut
11072619-1424269404-678814.jpg

I like the look of this I have this on pre order
As its a universal release its mostly likely to be a gloss finish
Not sure going by the photos if its just white or mix of white or grey and silver/bare metal
If its meant to be white only there is a good chance been a universal release it will be white if that is was its supposed to be
With universal they usually give you white if that is what its supposed to be and not bare metal

I like to see actual photo in advance to see what the colour is meant to be

The silver embossing/debossing could end up looking good on this if it is white

Last edited: