Fallen Angels (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Novamedia Exclusive #34) [Korea]

Feb 21, 2017
Release date: August 27, 2021
Purchase links: TBA (Pre-order on August 13, at 10 PM - Korea time)
Price: $36.99 (Full Slip) - $37.99 (Lenti) - $33.99 (Quarter Slip) - $107.99 (One Click)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv Full Slip - Lenti - Quarter Slip - One Click

Note: Total print run = 3K, Domestic=1.5K, International=1.5K

FallenAngels_FS_full.jpgFallenAngels_LS_full.jpgFallenAngles_QS_full.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I like that they went for the subtle mood change in the face as the lenticular effect, really happy how all these Lentis turned out. Now, bring on the GB @Aniv :)

Reactions: Aniv
I watched this again for the first time in years recently and it hasn’t aged well. What was originally going to be the 3rd story of CE, he should either done it as a part of that (glad he didn’t) or left it well alone as it feels very disjointed with the additional story elements added.

I can’t wait for the release of Chunking Express as it is easily my favourite film of his and I will One Click that for sure.

Reactions: goufcustom
I watched this again for the first time in years recently and it hasn’t aged well. What was originally going to be the 3rd story of CE, he should either done it as a part of that (glad he didn’t) or left it well alone as it feels very disjointed with the additional story elements added.

I can’t wait for the release of Chunking Express as it is easily my favourite film of his and I will One Click that for sure.
Is it one has to watch Chungking Express first followed by Fallen Angels then Happy Together?

Is it one has to watch Chungking Express first followed by Fallen Angels then Happy Together?
No you do not need to have watched Chungking first, you might recognise some bits and pieces but it doesn't impact the story or characters in any way. Happy Together is totally unrelated.
Watching them in release order doesn't impact viewing, if anything it is probably better to not see Chungking until later as I personally don't think that he has bettered the movie and for me every one of his films that followed had a lot to live up to.

My biggest disappointment (besides The Grandmaster) is that Ashes of Time wasn't included in the remastering process by Criterion recently as its in pretty bad shape.

No you do not need to have watched Chungking first, you might recognise some bits and pieces but it doesn't impact the story or characters in any way. Happy Together is totally unrelated.
Watching them in release order doesn't impact viewing, if anything it is probably better to not see Chungking until later as I personally don't think that he has bettered the movie and for me every one of his films that followed had a lot to live up to.

My biggest disappointment (besides The Grandmaster) is that Ashes of Time wasn't included in the remastering process by Criterion recently as its in pretty bad shape.
thanks for the info. :thumbs::)

Reactions: jailbird_joey