65.4 KB · Views: 308
  • fant3.jpg
    fant3.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 350
  • fant4.jpg
    fant4.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 268
Last edited by a moderator:
Waiting for the extended (and much better) version...
This isn't a dig at you, or anyone else who talks about extended cuts on films, but personally I don't see the need for them on a whole.

If I catch a film at the cinema and enjoy it enough to warrant a purchase, it means i'm perfectly content with watching the exact same film on home release. Extra scenes, in my own opinion, often don't give the movie anything other than an added running time. And in an extreme scenario, it could effectively take away the initial feel I get when first watching a film in its original theatrical cut.

Like I said, not a pop at you (please don't take it as a personal attack- each to their own and all that, and I might well be in the minority), just my own personal view on extended cuts in general!!

Reactions: ocielz
None taken ;) I already have the extended, and theatrical versions, in DVD, and I find it more enjoyable, and more complete. I bought the boxset including DD (extended version, also much better, IMO) and FF II, and was very disappointed when I found that the BD was only the theatrical version. So, even if I really like the steelbook, I take my chance and wait, in case... ;)

Reactions: Andycadle84
None taken here either, but the Extended cut of Punisher, to me, is much better. Also Daredevil, Lord of the Rings Movies and the Alien series have had some great Extended cuts.

Not to mention Blade Runner ;)

Seriously .....to imply a director's cut of a film, which can actually be wholly different to what is released theatrically, is somehow insignificant :squint: to the overall quality of a movie, is probably the dumbest thing i’v read here in quite a while. :facepalm:

IMO.

Not to mention Blade Runner ;)

Seriously .....to imply a director's cut of a film, which can actually be wholly different to what is released theatrically, is somehow insignificant :squint: to the overall quality of a movie, is probably the dumbest thing i’v read here in quite a while. :facepalm:

IMO.
Blade Runner had about 20 different cuts :D;)

None taken here either, but the Extended cut of Punisher, to me, is much better. Also Daredevil, Lord of the Rings Movies and the Alien series have had some great Extended cuts.

As an Alien fan I loved being able to see the extra cut scenes. Some of them were so awful it was hilarious.

Reactions: ocielz