Fantastic Mr. Fox (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Jul 13, 2016
United kingdom
Release date: December 4, 2017
Purchase link: Zavvi (live 3pm Black Friday)
Price: £15.99

11524894-1364505040869991.jpg

11524894-1394505040930738.jpg
11524894-1344505040953865.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, unfortunately the best artwork is copyrighted to Criterion for their keep-case edition and all the other original posters are cruddy.
This new fresh art is thus welcome and I expect will look very nice in-hand in its all matching colour scheme :thumbs:

As for the Tyler Stout artwork: would definitely have been interesting as wraparound if it could have been arranged and if it were possible to place the complete image on the steelbook without compromising the layout too much.
Prefer the classic orange to the turquoise variant:-
fox_reg.png
fox_var.png

Criterion case and slip art:-
mrfox1.jpg
mrfox7.jpg
mrfox8.jpg

Last edited:
:rofl: Yeah it will look very nice with a streaky matte finsh ... :facepalm:

"new and fresh"

Yeah, ready to get rid of a companion piece inspired by that steel right now,,

You have to laugh. I just can't take him serious. Infact I don't think I ever have! Has anyone for that matter?

What planet are you on? Retailers are in business to make money. You're acting as if retailers don't sell millions of ****** products everyday. There's always someone who will buy bad movies, ugly clothing or terrible food.

The fact is that someone at Zavvi is very bad at their job. Yeah of course their only real goal is to make money, but how is choosing to distribute another wave of garbage steelbooks in any way a good business decision? They'll all end up at £4.99 when they realise only a handful of people bought them. At best they'll break even with most of these, so I ask again - why not tell the studio to go back and do a better job.

If for some reason Zavvi turned them down Amazon (or someone else) would absolutely pick them up. In fact many of the last wave of Fox's popart steelbooks were trade wide.

You don't know that, it's pure speculation. And, once again, if there's no money to be made on these steelbooks then the smart decision would be to let Amazon (or whoever) make a probable loss on an inferior product.

The fact is that someone at Zavvi is very bad at their job. Yeah of course their only real goal is to make money, but how is choosing to distribute another wave of garbage steelbooks in any way a good business decision? They'll all end up at £4.99 when they realise only a handful of people bought them. At best they'll break even with most of these, so I ask again - why not tell the studio to go back and do a better job.

You don't know that, it's pure speculation. And, once again, if there's no money to be made on these steelbooks then the smart decision would be to let Amazon (or whoever) make a probable loss on an inferior product.
These are a fox release the previous fox pop art steelbooks in 2014 was trade wide in the UK the only difference is this new batch of fox steelbooks will be Zavvi exclusives in the UK

Zavvi are a retailer and are not a distributor

Fox with some previous retailer exclusives steelbooks also released them as trade wide a few months later

Amazon Germany Amazon Italy have a look at their steelbook listings and all the pop art steelbook releases have amazon said no to the film distributors to sell the pop art steelbook releases the answer is no they have not refused to sell them

In retail you get offered by the film distributor to sell products if you refuse an offer of exclusive you risk not be offered the next time and miss out on a top seller as an exclusive to another retailer

Retailers also can get choice of sale of return or sale of exchange with products and sometimes a reduction in dealer price months later if not selling well and they then can reduce the price to shift stock

Your not forced in buying any products from any retailer customer chooses to buy or not it's that simple

Last edited:

lol Come on,

First of all enough people liked this art for the product to exist just because you don't doesn't mean they won't sell (I happen to agree with you, the art is terrible in my opinion). The profit margins on these things are likely so large that selling a decent percentage at full price will yield an overall profit if they have to discount leftover stock, how do I know this? The fact that Zavvi have been selling steelbooks for years and with their wealth of experience have decided to sell these.

You're the one making baseless speculation. You think Amazon only sell products that sell at full rrp? or that Amazon never sells products at a loss?

There's a long history of Zavvi selling steelbooks and later reducing the price of stock which doesn't sell out, I'm sure they still turn a profit even on reduced items. I've never worked in retail (I'm a biologist) but I understand that if products don't sell you can sometimes return them to the distributor. I'm really not seeing much risk here..

In fact the quality of the art seems irrelevant to your entire argument given that Steelbooks featuring art which is generally liked can also see deep discounts, kinda proving you're talking utter nonsense :)

Last edited:
I saw this thread...
I say'd, "ohhh, yesss, finally a steelbook for this movie!"
I saw than the picture...
A nightmare comes down on me...
What the hell is this teasing artwork???
I'll break the hands of the one, who has designed it... :wacky:

That's a very far fetched reference, and completely wrong.

As the type of eyes don't match. And the use of the spiral to mean hypnotizing has been around for decades.

If you asked any random person to draw something related to hypnosis they'd draw a swirly thing.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo and Noodles
That's a very far fetched reference, and completely wrong.
As the type of eyes don't match. And the use of the spiral to mean hypnotizing has been around for decades.
If you asked any random person to draw something related to hypnosis they'd draw a swirly thing.

Not really. No. As well as it needs to be. True. Most likely.
Random is my middle name.
Sorry you don't like The Marx Brothers or DUCK SOUP (1933) :(

Anyway, You're not wrong about hypnotic spirals - been around for hundreds if not thousands of years - in China, for example - and popularised in 'modern times' by folk such as Mesmer (1724 - 1815) and de Puysegur (1751 - 1825) . . but let's not forget that that was a machine with rotating spiral disc attached and not eyes like here on the FMr.F steelbook and in "Duck Soup".

As for me, when I think of spirals I think of my Vangelis LP:-

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: kitsune
Not really. No. As well as it needs to be. True. Most likely.
Random is my middle name.
Sorry you don't like The Marx Brothers or DUCK SOUP (1933) :(

Anyway, You're not wrong about hypnotic spirals - been around for hundreds if not thousands of years - in China, for example - and popularised in 'modern times' by folk such as Mesmer (1724 - 1815) and de Puysegur (1751 - 1825) . . but let's not forget that that was a machine with rotating spiral disc attached and not eyes like here on the FMr.F steelbook and in "Duck Soup".

As for me, when I think of spirals I think of my Vangelis LP:-

OH, didn't meant to imply I don't like the Marx brothers, or any other old (b/w) movies. I'm very open minded.

You're quite right, I originally thought cartoons when I first saw the scene, something like Bugs Bunny or some other.

• Thanks
Reactions: virkia
I'm assuming that there's been some sort of delay or second thoughts on this one, given that it was scheduled for release next Monday (20th November), but hasn't even gone live yet to pre-order!