Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Fast Charlie (2023)

Director: Phillip Noyce

Cast: Morgan Freeman, Pierce Brosnan

Release: 2023-03-17

Plot: When his aging mob boss is whacked, Charlie Swift, a loyal friend and hired gun, will stop at nothing to bring down the new crew coming up that took him out. Based on the Edgar Award nominated crime novel, GUN MONKEYS.

It's really satisfying when a film gives you almost exactly what you were expecting of it. It doesn't happen often now, but I'm glad Fast Charlie turned out what I wanted it to be - an excellent crime drama with bloody action and likable characters.
Very happy there's another great genre movie starring Pierce Brosnan I can add to my favorites (The Thomas Crown Affair, The Tailor of Panama, After the Sunset, The Matador, The November Man).

Gotta mention a perfect end credits song "The Victory March" by Citizen Cope, it not only fits the film very well, and adds that cherry on top of the feeling, amplifying the positive impression from it, but is great to listen on its own. Which I did, 4 times in a row, which hasn't happened with me in a decade or more in regards to any composition. Needless to say it went into my All-time Top favorites as well.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database