Favorite Limited Ed Blu-ray/Value Thread

snowblood

Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jun 10, 2010
England
there is a thread for fave steelbook,i thought i'll put one up for your fave collector's/limited edition set.

mine is the T2 endo,eye's light up & say's lines from the film.

and the us release dirty harry ultimate collector's edition,great set with replica harry callahan wallet with inspector's badge,i.d card. scorpio 19" x 27" poster.40 page hardcover book.6 dirty harry art cards.production letters.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a new, boxed Harry Potter Elder Wand Blu Ray collection which i bought from the Harry Potter Studios in Watford.

Its limited to 500 copies. What could i get for it if i make it available worldwide?

Reactions: Aw 83
I would say that I was a late adopter of the Blu-Ray format, and didn't start buying them until about a year after Blu-Ray won the HD war against the HD-Dvd format. I was always rooting for Blu-Ray, but wanted to wait until there was one dominant format before investing in one or the other. I feel sorry for those who adopted HD-Dvd early and bought the HD-Dvd add-on for the X360

My first Blu-Ray purchases were from Zavvi, back when they had bricks-and-mortar stores in every high street. Back then, new Blu-Ray releases would usually cost around £30 each, but there would be frequent "Two-for-£30" promotions to get rid of old stock. The first two I picked up were the Close Encounters Of The Third Kind CE and Batman Begins CE (with lenticular cover) - A bargain for £30 I thought!

For a while I would only ever pick up LE's or CE's, as I was reluctant to replace a Dvd collection that I was still building up. I would pick up basically anything that wasn't a standard release, with the exception to those that were plain Amaray releases with a cardboard slipcover slid over them. As an established Dvd SteelBook collector, I naturally jumped onto the Blu-Ray SteelBook releases as soon as they had become available. I remember buying Sweeney Todd, Wanted, 10,000 BC, and Gladiator very early on, but Blu-Ray SteelBook releases were few and far between back then.

I've been suckered into buying the majority of the larger Blu-Ray CE releases over the years, but have missed a few for various reasons - I had to return the Back To The Future and Jurassic Park Trilogy tins as they were damaged, same for the Terminator 2 endoskeleton, and completely missed the Blade Runner briefcase. I've also passed up some more recent ones that I felt were over-priced, such as the Star Wars box set, Harry Potter jewellery box, and E.T spaceship. The worst CE I ever bought was for Tron Legacy, which is by far the biggest piece of crap I have ever spent my money on - I was lured in because it was limited to 1,000, but regret paying £100 for what is essentially a folded cardboard cube. A flimsy one at that! The recent Resident Evil 6 CE was the same design...

I now have a Blu-Ray collection spanning more than 250 releases, most of which are SteelBooks. However, I can safely say that I don't own a single standard Amaray release, as every Blu-Ray I have bought has been some kind of LE or CE. The only release that comes anywhere close to an Amaray is Lion King 3D, which comes with a lenticular slipcover, but this would perhaps be the exception as it's 3D.

If I had to pick my favourite Blu-Ray CE's, they would probably be the Lion King Trilogy wooden box set, followed by the Scarface cigar box with SteelBook, then the Inception briefcase, although I like some of the more recent CE's I've bought like Snow White & The Huntsman and From Dusk Till Dawn. I am also keen on the mask CE's, and anything that's a DigiBook, DigiPak, or box set that isn't just a bunch of Amaray's shoved into a cardboard cover

As soon as I get myself sorted, I'll start taking pictures of my collection :)
Interesting read

My favorite is the Terminator Salvation Blu-ray Director's Cut | T-600 Skull as this was my first collectible, I also have the Terminator 2: Judgment Day Blu-ray Limited Edition T2 Complete Collector's Set (endo skull)

Reactions: pokjak290
I have a few, i like the Inception briefcase I have.

The first season of mad men region 1 in a cool metal lighter packaging.

Just got Godfather 40th Anniversary Bluray set, its huge :)

Wreck ... You are truly amazing. That is the most amazing collection I've even seen. Especially of one film. Literally mouth hanging open while my eyes soaked it all up. Beautifully displayed. Wow. I bow. You inspire me to make more money so I can spend that dough on a kick ass collection like you.

my god have i got an update for this thread!

Currently collecting multiples of Die Hard Trilogy and Alien Quadrilogy over ALL formats!

maybe small...but all i need from TDK trilogy:)

The_Dark_Knight_Trilogy_9_Disc_Ultimate_Collectors_Edition_48.jpg

I have multiple copies my favourite very movies and special editions.
Terminator 2 skull edition
Kimchidvd exclusive
Canadian steelbook

5 editions of pacific rim

4. Steelbooks of Star Trek and 3 of Star Trek into darkness

My favourite is the Blade Runner briefcase set.

At the time, I ordered the blu ray set and the dvd set at a decent price. I think there was also a HD-DVD edition, which I passed on luckily ... :hilarious:

OK, first of all, I must say that my favorite set of all time is LOST: The Complete Series. Then, right below that, there would be:
1. Dexter: The Complete Series Collection Gift Set
2. Harry Potter: Wizard’s Collection
3. Smallville: The Complete Series

wow guy thanks for shaving this addiction ! what an amazing sucker punch haul u have dude !!! :p

I had 7 different editions for the "watchmen" movie, allready sold 2 of them (night owl ship + dvd ultimate cut) one more on sell (R2 france long metal box set) still the movie I have the most in my collection I think = 5

not sure if another movie in my collection have that much ... may be 300 ...

yep : 5 of 300 movie, could have 6 but sold the fnac r2 exclusive box set :( think gonna buy it again brand new

this is what am calling a Collector Box Set this is the huge box set for the animated japanese move : Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children ...

Won't speak about what I don't have anymore @ home : Rocky amazon France, Coco avant Chanel France both limited to a 100 and both sold ... don't have The Avengers FNAC & Terminator Salvation skull anymore as well and so would be IM3 FNAC ...

Hope won't sell this particular box set just have to replace Cloud figure ...

Reactions: Asopp
250+ Blu-Ray releases, yet not a single Amaray!

I would say that I was a late adopter of the Blu-Ray format, and didn't start buying them until about a year after Blu-Ray won the HD war against the HD-Dvd format. I was always rooting for Blu-Ray, but wanted to wait until there was one dominant format before investing in one or the other. I feel sorry for those who adopted HD-Dvd early and bought the HD-Dvd add-on for the X360

My first Blu-Ray purchases were from Zavvi, back when they had bricks-and-mortar stores in every high street. Back then, new Blu-Ray releases would usually cost around £30 each, but there would be frequent "Two-for-£30" promotions to get rid of old stock. The first two I picked up were the Close Encounters Of The Third Kind CE and Batman Begins CE (with lenticular cover) - A bargain for £30 I thought!

For a while I would only ever pick up LE's or CE's, as I was reluctant to replace a Dvd collection that I was still building up. I would pick up basically anything that wasn't a standard release, with the exception to those that were plain Amaray releases with a cardboard slipcover slid over them. As an established Dvd SteelBook collector, I naturally jumped onto the Blu-Ray SteelBook releases as soon as they had become available. I remember buying Sweeney Todd, Wanted, 10,000 BC, and Gladiator very early on, but Blu-Ray SteelBook releases were few and far between back then.

I've been suckered into buying the majority of the larger Blu-Ray CE releases over the years, but have missed a few for various reasons - I had to return the Back To The Future and Jurassic Park Trilogy tins as they were damaged, same for the Terminator 2 endoskeleton, and completely missed the Blade Runner briefcase. I've also passed up some more recent ones that I felt were over-priced, such as the Star Wars box set, Harry Potter jewellery box, and E.T spaceship. The worst CE I ever bought was for Tron Legacy, which is by far the biggest piece of crap I have ever spent my money on - I was lured in because it was limited to 1,000, but regret paying £100 for what is essentially a folded cardboard cube. A flimsy one at that! The recent Resident Evil 6 CE was the same design...

I now have a Blu-Ray collection spanning more than 250 releases, most of which are SteelBooks. However, I can safely say that I don't own a single standard Amaray release, as every Blu-Ray I have bought has been some kind of LE or CE. The only release that comes anywhere close to an Amaray is Lion King 3D, which comes with a lenticular slipcover, but this would perhaps be the exception as it's 3D.

If I had to pick my favourite Blu-Ray CE's, they would probably be the Lion King Trilogy wooden box set, followed by the Scarface cigar box with SteelBook, then the Inception briefcase, although I like some of the more recent CE's I've bought like Snow White & The Huntsman and From Dusk Till Dawn. I am also keen on the mask CE's, and anything that's a DigiBook, DigiPak, or box set that isn't just a bunch of Amaray's shoved into a cardboard cover

As soon as I get myself sorted, I'll start taking pictures of my collection :)

love that message, thought one moment I forgot one of my posts !!! but my story is quite (very) similar !!! love it, enjoyed it

cheers bro enjoy your CE LE editions ++

Finally managed to get all the formats! :thumbs: (DVD not pictured... It's still in a box somewhere since the move)
I recently decided that from now on I will only double dip for BTTF :) Except for Nemo... And Lion King... Oh well;)

Untitled2_zps003c1791.jpg

I also have the agumented reality Slip. My goal is to own BTTF on every format it was released. I still need VHS, CED, VHD, and VCD. I also want to get the Japanese 20th anniversary DVD.

Reactions: Asopp
Let's see...
  • Star Trek
  • Marvel
  • Batman
  • Alien
  • Evil Dead
  • Pirates of the Caribbean
  • Pacific Rim
That's where I draw the line! No more multiples unless it's the above titles! LOL! ;)

Reactions: bd251