Favorite Limited Ed Blu-ray/Value Thread

snowblood

Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jun 10, 2010
England
there is a thread for fave steelbook,i thought i'll put one up for your fave collector's/limited edition set.

mine is the T2 endo,eye's light up & say's lines from the film.

and the us release dirty harry ultimate collector's edition,great set with replica harry callahan wallet with inspector's badge,i.d card. scorpio 19" x 27" poster.40 page hardcover book.6 dirty harry art cards.production letters.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bloody hell, HUBS hasn't posted yet... is he alright?!!?

:D

Great collection guys/gals

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

Wreck... I'm a bit disappointed not to see a big Robin Hood collection...

Reactions: bd251
Back in my serious collecting days I had over 25 versions of Terminator 2 on DVD

that's a lot of Terminator 2. :thumbs:

I have 4 Blu-rays each of T1 & T2 and that's the most I have of any one movie. I have doubles of a few movies, 3 copies of Total Recall.

My Terminator's...
003.jpg

lol well I probably should redo that pic ... that one is from like a year ago. ;p

I think its best that we DONT talk about any OCD disorders here :rolleyes: shall we ;)

That is de best IB - Collection I ever did see :thumbs:

think its Bradd , who is your favourite though :emb:

Nisei : that is awsome mate :0

Reactions: Nisei
This is my fav right now on my collection. Resident Evil: Afterlife Biohazard IV Limited Edition Box Set (Japan).

a 001.jpg

a 005.jpg

Hell yea Wreck, Scarface Limited Edition Humidor is pretty awesome looking set.

Might not be in anyone's list as a favorite, but I love the Blade Runner Briefcase set...It's got everything I want in a LE: Trinkets, multiples cuts of the film, great artcards, lenticular card, all in a great numbered package!

Last edited:
250+ Blu-Ray releases, yet not a single Amaray!

I would say that I was a late adopter of the Blu-Ray format, and didn't start buying them until about a year after Blu-Ray won the HD war against the HD-Dvd format. I was always rooting for Blu-Ray, but wanted to wait until there was one dominant format before investing in one or the other. I feel sorry for those who adopted HD-Dvd early and bought the HD-Dvd add-on for the X360

My first Blu-Ray purchases were from Zavvi, back when they had bricks-and-mortar stores in every high street. Back then, new Blu-Ray releases would usually cost around £30 each, but there would be frequent "Two-for-£30" promotions to get rid of old stock. The first two I picked up were the Close Encounters Of The Third Kind CE and Batman Begins CE (with lenticular cover) - A bargain for £30 I thought!

For a while I would only ever pick up LE's or CE's, as I was reluctant to replace a Dvd collection that I was still building up. I would pick up basically anything that wasn't a standard release, with the exception to those that were plain Amaray releases with a cardboard slipcover slid over them. As an established Dvd SteelBook collector, I naturally jumped onto the Blu-Ray SteelBook releases as soon as they had become available. I remember buying Sweeney Todd, Wanted, 10,000 BC, and Gladiator very early on, but Blu-Ray SteelBook releases were few and far between back then.

I've been suckered into buying the majority of the larger Blu-Ray CE releases over the years, but have missed a few for various reasons - I had to return the Back To The Future and Jurassic Park Trilogy tins as they were damaged, same for the Terminator 2 endoskeleton, and completely missed the Blade Runner briefcase. I've also passed up some more recent ones that I felt were over-priced, such as the Star Wars box set, Harry Potter jewellery box, and E.T spaceship. The worst CE I ever bought was for Tron Legacy, which is by far the biggest piece of crap I have ever spent my money on - I was lured in because it was limited to 1,000, but regret paying £100 for what is essentially a folded cardboard cube. A flimsy one at that! The recent Resident Evil 6 CE was the same design...

I now have a Blu-Ray collection spanning more than 250 releases, most of which are SteelBooks. However, I can safely say that I don't own a single standard Amaray release, as every Blu-Ray I have bought has been some kind of LE or CE. The only release that comes anywhere close to an Amaray is Lion King 3D, which comes with a lenticular slipcover, but this would perhaps be the exception as it's 3D.

If I had to pick my favourite Blu-Ray CE's, they would probably be the Lion King Trilogy wooden box set, followed by the Scarface cigar box with SteelBook, then the Inception briefcase, although I like some of the more recent CE's I've bought like Snow White & The Huntsman and From Dusk Till Dawn. I am also keen on the mask CE's, and anything that's a DigiBook, DigiPak, or box set that isn't just a bunch of Amaray's shoved into a cardboard cover

As soon as I get myself sorted, I'll start taking pictures of my collection :)

I would say that I was a late adopter of the Blu-Ray format, and didn't start buying them until about a year after Blu-Ray won the HD war against the HD-Dvd format. I was always rooting for Blu-Ray, but wanted to wait until there was one dominant format before investing in one or the other. I feel sorry for those who adopted HD-Dvd early and bought the HD-Dvd add-on for the X360

My first Blu-Ray purchases were from Zavvi, back when they had bricks-and-mortar stores in every high street. Back then, new Blu-Ray releases would usually cost around £30 each, but there would be frequent "Two-for-£30" promotions to get rid of old stock. The first two I picked up were the Close Encounters Of The Third Kind CE and Batman Begins CE (with lenticular cover) - A bargain for £30 I thought!

For a while I would only ever pick up LE's or CE's, as I was reluctant to replace a Dvd collection that I was still building up. I would pick up basically anything that wasn't a standard release, with the exception to those that were plain Amaray releases with a cardboard slipcover slid over them. As an established Dvd SteelBook collector, I naturally jumped onto the Blu-Ray SteelBook releases as soon as they had become available. I remember buying Sweeney Todd, Wanted, 10,000 BC, and Gladiator very early on, but Blu-Ray SteelBook releases were few and far between back then.

I've been suckered into buying the majority of the larger Blu-Ray CE releases over the years, but have missed a few for various reasons - I had to return the Back To The Future and Jurassic Park Trilogy tins as they were damaged, same for the Terminator 2 endoskeleton, and completely missed the Blade Runner briefcase. I've also passed up some more recent ones that I felt were over-priced, such as the Star Wars box set, Harry Potter jewellery box, and E.T spaceship. The worst CE I ever bought was for Tron Legacy, which is by far the biggest piece of crap I have ever spent my money on - I was lured in because it was limited to 1,000, but regret paying £100 for what is essentially a folded cardboard cube. A flimsy one at that! The recent Resident Evil 6 CE was the same design...

I now have a Blu-Ray collection spanning more than 250 releases, most of which are SteelBooks. However, I can safely say that I don't own a single standard Amaray release, as every Blu-Ray I have bought has been some kind of LE or CE. The only release that comes anywhere close to an Amaray is Lion King 3D, which comes with a lenticular slipcover, but this would perhaps be the exception as it's 3D.

If I had to pick my favourite Blu-Ray CE's, they would probably be the Lion King Trilogy wooden box set, followed by the Scarface cigar box with SteelBook, then the Inception briefcase, although I like some of the more recent CE's I've bought like Snow White & The Huntsman and From Dusk Till Dawn. I am also keen on the mask CE's, and anything that's a DigiBook, DigiPak, or box set that isn't just a bunch of Amaray's shoved into a cardboard cover

As soon as I get myself sorted, I'll start taking pictures of my collection :)

Just going to move your post up into one of the stickied threads to keep the flow on the main CE forum to actual releases only. That said...

Great story! Seems like you enjoy writing since most of your posts have been lengthy tales thus far. I've definitely enjoyed reading each one. Nice to see the Lion King's wooden box as one of your favs. I hope to eventually get that set as it's quite nice. It's great having you here! :thumbs:

Last edited:
Reactions: MK50 and Heche1981
Just going to move your post up into one of the stickied threads to keep the flow on the main CE forum to actual releases only. That said...

Great story! Seems like you enjoy writing since most of your posts have been lengthy tales thus far. I've definitely enjoyed reading each one. Nice to see the Lion King's wooden box as one of your favs. I hope to eventually get that set as it's quite nice. It's great having you here! :thumbs:

Thanks for the kind words! Glad I've contributed something worthwhile to the site so far. It's nice to hear that somebody has taken the time to read my lengthy posts, as I know they're not everybody's cup of tea

I debated whether to post my previous post in this thread, but decided to create a new one due to the length of it.

Reactions: MK50 and tridon
When I have the time to take some pictures, I'll revisit this thread! I can definitely be considered an obsessive compulsive collector, and there are certain films that I have bought almost every time they have been released on Dvd or Blu-Ray

Some examples include:

Fight Club
Lion King
The Alien releases
The Matrix releases
The Nolan Batman releases
The Star Wars releases
The Terminator releases

I'm missing some though, and only tend to stick to UK releases to try and limit what I spend on my obsession (I must have bought the Alien films at least six times over in total!)

i own
terminator 2 german steelbook,fnac edition ,extreem editin dvd,skynet edition usa and
german special edition blu ray and trying to collect japan ver 1 edition also