Film Arena - Steelbook Retailer Thread

fa logo 2.jpg

Feel free to discuss any experiences or policies about this retailer here.

http://www.filmarena.cz/

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 20, 2016
Canada
UK buyer won't have any other payment to pay as Vat $14.88 was included when doing the order
Note
As Vat has been already been paid by buyer when purchasing you don't need to mark a low value on parcel
It's your requirment you fill in correcly the CN22 showing vat was paid if you not using ebay global shipping program
I would suggest to avoid any issues by using ebay global shipping program on items you are selling

If you are selling a lot items regularly to people in EU I suggest you register for a Vat ID

eBay is now required to collect VAT on certain orders delivered to UK addresses

In regards to your other question when sending a parcel as a gift
Yes you are supposed to list actual value when marking as gift
If gift vaule is £39 or less no vat is required to be paid by person in UK you sent parcel

To qualify as a gift:
It's very important that no payment was made to you by person in UK for the item in the parcel

To qualify as a gift:

• the customs declaration must be completed correctly
  • the gift must be sent from a private person outside the UK to a private person(s) in the UK
  • there is no commercial or trade element and the gift has not been paid for either directly or indirectly by anyone in the UK
  • the gift is of an occasional nature only, for example, for a birthday or anniversary
If you purchase something from outside of the UK to give as a gift to a relative or friend, whether or not it is addressed to that person, it will be treated as a ‘commercial consignment’, for which the Import VAT relief threshold in section 2.3 applies.

Thank you Paul!

That is a lot of great information and answers both of my questions clearly.

Regarding the eBay Global Shipping Program, unfortunately that isn't an option in Canada. I know that it's available in the U.S. but not in Canada.

Thanks again!

Reactions: paulboland