Film Arena - Steelbook Retailer Thread

fa logo 2.jpg

Feel free to discuss any experiences or policies about this retailer here.

http://www.filmarena.cz/

Last edited by a moderator:
UK buyer won't have any other payment to pay as Vat $14.88 was included when doing the order
Note
As Vat has been already been paid by buyer when purchasing you don't need to mark a low value on parcel
It's your requirment you fill in correcly the CN22 showing vat was paid if you not using ebay global shipping program
I would suggest to avoid any issues by using ebay global shipping program on items you are selling

If you are selling a lot items regularly to people in EU I suggest you register for a Vat ID

eBay is now required to collect VAT on certain orders delivered to UK addresses

In regards to your other question when sending a parcel as a gift
Yes you are supposed to list actual value when marking as gift
If gift vaule is £39 or less no vat is required to be paid by person in UK you sent parcel

To qualify as a gift:
It's very important that no payment was made to you by person in UK for the item in the parcel

To qualify as a gift:

• the customs declaration must be completed correctly
  • the gift must be sent from a private person outside the UK to a private person(s) in the UK
  • there is no commercial or trade element and the gift has not been paid for either directly or indirectly by anyone in the UK
  • the gift is of an occasional nature only, for example, for a birthday or anniversary
If you purchase something from outside of the UK to give as a gift to a relative or friend, whether or not it is addressed to that person, it will be treated as a ‘commercial consignment’, for which the Import VAT relief threshold in section 2.3 applies.

Thank you Paul!

That is a lot of great information and answers both of my questions clearly.

Regarding the eBay Global Shipping Program, unfortunately that isn't an option in Canada. I know that it's available in the U.S. but not in Canada.

Thanks again!

Reactions: paulboland
Trying do get an answer from Filmarena to a email i sent them (6th July) and still nothing... do they usually take this time to respond?

i have a paid order to be sent in 40 days and i would like to add another movie to that order, to have only one delivery. Tried to asked them how can i proceed but still no luck...

Trying do get an answer from Filmarena to a email i sent them (6th July) and still nothing... do they usually take this time to respond?

i have a paid order to be sent in 40 days and i would like to add another movie to that order, to have only one delivery. Tried to asked them how can i proceed but still no luck...

Try to get in contact with @carllenc , if he can sort it out for you.

Also, Filmarena doesn't make bundles for orders made separately.
I wish you not to pay twice for shipping, but it's up to their

Reactions: RPedro
Try to get in contact with @carllenc , if he can sort it out for you.

Also, Filmarena doesn't make bundles for orders made separately.
I wish you not to pay twice for shipping, but it's up to their
thank you.

that´s it, i don´t want to complete the second order and pay double shipping (20€ x 2)... I need they t dd the movie that i want to my first order (if possible) .
the first order is a Doctor Strange Black Barons that was in pre-order and it was impossible to add other items. if not, will buy on other place...

And does anyone know if Jan Cikánek usually responds on his facebook page (message) about filmarena problems. I don't want to bother him unnecessarily, but would like to have some feedback from filmarena about my question...

Very often they are not too responsive (especially over the last months-1 year)

Reactions: wojo134 and RPedro
Very often they are not too responsive (especially over the last months-1 year)
I don't understand why, mainly because it's not to cancel an order or ask for a refund, it's just to spend more money... I would like to buy from them, but in last resource i will have to go elsewhere

Seems odd.

I always considered Filmarena are making money with shipping rates. I don't get they don't combine postage coste from multiple pre-orders.

Their releases are not cheap at all. So they just sell to "premium" buyers (who doesn't mind to pay multiple rates at premium prices).

Of course, premium buyers sometimes try to get money back on evilbay.

Most preorders dont release at the same time and I dont expect them to hold orders to combine with another. You can order them at the same time if you want them shipped together.

Most preorders dont release at the same time and I dont expect them to hold orders to combine with another. You can order them at the same time if you want them shipped together.
Yes, that's exactly the point. And, based on my experience with Filmarena, no answer means that it is not possible (or in other words, they are not willing to do it). It may not be fair, but that's the way they run the business... and they seem to do very good business! And, by the way, they will do even better one now that the EU promotes to buy products inside the EU by stopping evey import coming from outside the EU. Now we should pay customs independently on the value, and accordingly it has become more expensive getting premium editions from Asia.

i made Black Barons Doctor Sleep pre order, who was accepted, received the bill to pay, and i paid it. It was impossible to add anything to that order in the process. I have 40 days for that item to be release, and in that time i want to buy Sicario and add to that order to be delivery in one order (one shipping)... i´m not going to pay 20€ for each shipping order... If they can make that possible, it would be great, if not... going to other store or ebay.

Reactions: Chemartin_1
Yes, that's exactly the point. And, based on my experience with Filmarena, no answer means that it is not possible (or in other words, they are not willing to do it). It may not be fair, but that's the way they run the business... and they seem to do very good business! And, by the way, they will do even better one now that the EU promotes to buy products inside the EU by stopping evey import coming from outside the EU. Now we should pay customs independently on the value, and accordingly it has become more expensive getting premium editions from Asia.
yes u are probably right, but if they are not willing to do it, a simple email reply would be nice; "Sorry Filmarena don´t do that, we dont add items to already paid orders" and i move my way.

yes u are probably right, but if they are not willing to do it, a simple email reply would be nice; "Sorry Filmarena don´t do that, we dont add items to already paid orders" and i move my way.
Yes, I know well the feeling. As I mentioned before, my reply was based on my experience, which means that several of my emails to them are still awaiting response (lost inside a black hole...), in spite of a large number of acquisitions from them...

Yes, I know well the feeling. As I mentioned before, my reply was based on my experience, which means that several of my emails to them are still awaiting response (lost inside a black hole...), in spite of a large number of acquisitions from them...
but let me try to undestand something... No one can add to a pre-order (i want to buy list) other item?

but let me try to undestand something... No one can add to a pre-order (i want to buy list) other item?
No you can and I have in the past. If they give you an invoice, Doctor Sleep in this case, before you pay reply to that invoice email that you want to add something else to it and give them the item you want added. They will then update the invoice and then you can pay for it all with 1 shipping cost. That was my experience in the past at least.

No you can and I have in the past. If they give you an invoice, Doctor Sleep in this case, before you pay reply to that invoice email that you want to add something else to it and give them the item you want added. They will then update the invoice and then you can pay for it all with 1 shipping cost. That was my experience in the past at least.
If Filmarena gives RPedro 3 days to pay after sending the invoice, I'm afraid he will be out of the game, waiting for a response within these days to add another product.

(From my experience with Deadpool 2 release)

Reactions: wojo134
thank you all, i will look for that movie on ebay or other store / edition.

I never thought it would be so hard to try to spend money on Filmarena. it´s like: "hey Filmarena, here, take my money... No thank you, keep it in your wallet" :)

Basically yes. Their prices are for premium and full wallets. Not for ordinary ones (like you, or me).

Ppl here are collectors, but there are some willing to pay a mortage to get X edition. Just to fill a gap in their shelves, or because they love a certain movie which they already have 5 editions.

If Filmarena gives RPedro 3 days to pay after sending the invoice, I'm afraid he will be out of the game, waiting for a response within these days to add another product.

(From my experience with Deadpool 2 release)
nah he can respond the day he gets the invoice and they should add it at their leisure and resend the invoice. Did it atleast 3 times in the past with no issue.

Reactions: Chemartin_1