Film Arena - Steelbook Retailer Thread

fa logo 2.jpg

Feel free to discuss any experiences or policies about this retailer here.

http://www.filmarena.cz/

Last edited by a moderator:
Using Chrome...

Purchase over CZK 500 a month can get subsequent bronze card and an additional discount of 3% if you purchase a VIP package for 3 months

Purchase over CZK 1,500 a month can get subsequent silver card and an additional 4% discount if you purchase a VIP package for 6 months, respectively.3-month and the previous month have met the conditions for the bronze shopping card

Purchase over CZK 2,000 you can get a follow-month gold card and an additional discount of 6%,if you have purchased a VIP package for 1 year, respectively.6 months or 3 months Previous month you have met the conditions for buying silver card

I can't wait for x-men 1-6 as I don't have them on steel yet and would love to have special treatments of these. Hopefully. It just a box but actual full slips and lentis for all of them and then maybe a Box for them all to go In.

@harry @Hatori @dan8885 @Apollon @Sigill @Mickle_89 @Actarus
There is a Film Arena Facebook group, there is a poll so you can vote for a movie to be a part of the FAC, but they can't make any promises
https://www.facebook.com/groups/filmarena.fans/permalink/968792643157228/?qa_ref=pp&full=1
Here are just a few titles on the list.
  • Saving Private Ryan
  • Watchmen
  • Forest Gump
  • Iron Man
  • Hunger Games Mockingjay Part 2
  • Predator
  • Sicario
  • Captain America
  • Harry Potter Collection
  • Inglorious Bastards
  • Kick-Ass
  • Independence Day
  • Gran Torino
  • The Walk
  • In the Heart of the Sea
  • Inside Out
  • The Shining
  • How To Train Your Dragon
  • Spectre
  • The Green Mile

@harry @Hatori @dan8885 @Apollon @Sigill @Mickle_89 @Actarus
There is a Film Arena Facebook group, there is a poll so you can vote for a movie to be a part of the FAC, but they can't make any promises
https://www.facebook.com/groups/filmarena.fans/permalink/968792643157228/?qa_ref=pp&full=1
Here are just a few titles on the list.
  • Saving Private Ryan
  • Watchmen
  • Forest Gump
  • Iron Man
  • Hunger Games Mockingjay Part 2
  • Predator
  • Sicario
  • Captain America
  • Harry Potter Collection
  • Inglorious Bastards
  • Kick-Ass
  • Independence Day
  • Gran Torino
  • The Walk
  • In the Heart of the Sea
  • Inside Out
  • The Shining
  • How To Train Your Dragon
  • Spectre
  • The Green Mile
Thanks @luke98 but this is my ONLY form of social media nowadays - No more Facebook... :censored::whistle: May just get my GF to vote on my behalf! :naughty::p

Reactions: luke98
From FA's FB
"
Dear collectors,
we kindly inform you that on Tuesday, 9. 2. 2016 at 20:00 pm start pre-orders for FAC # 27 Edward Scissorhands for still collectible numbers.
Release Date: March 7, 2016

Note: Since the beginning of February, it is not possible to combine orders or split or otherwise modify. If you are interested in modification of the order, we recommend you to cancel the original order and create a new one. Thank you for your understanding.

The following titles in FAC:
FAC # 28 THE MARTIAN
FAC # 29 EVEREST

We look forward to your orders.
Team FA"

Bad news for those who combined their orders to reduce the high shipping cost at their website.

Next bad experience with Filmarena.

I have ordered some copies of Terminator Genisys for me and a small group. As you all know, this release was delayed two (?) times, so i have waited a long time.
Of course, they had my money and could work with my money (HELLO INTEREST).

The problem was, that 3 steelbooks are not ready to ship at release day and they want to ship it later. After 3 weeks i have asked them when the last 3 steelbooks will be shipped.
Short answer, with your next order.

Ouh .... with my next order? What will happen when i don´t make a new order? Unfortunately, i have an open Looper order. So i told them, it is ok to send the three missing T5 Steelbooks with my Looper order but only if it is not delayed again. Release was 08.02.2016. I cannot understand, that i have to ask where my PAID items are. And i also cannot understand, why they do not ask if it is ok for me to wait even longer for my paid T5 Steelbooks after i have waited that long because of their delays.

Now Looper is delayed again (15.02.2016) and i told them that i want my missing T5 steelbooks NOW, because no one knows how many times Looper is delayed again and again and again......

It is ridiculous that i have to run after my paid items (also the shipment is paid). And that they do not ask if it is ok for me to wait for the Looper Release that they can ship it together.

Now my question is send to the head coworker and i have to wait. Let me guess, i got an answer from him at 15.02.2016. I am sure in this little rat shop, the co head worker sits just one desk beside Simona. Maybe they even share a desk.

I cannot understand why this company is for many collectors the number 1. With this customer service, I really hope that they are going to be the next zavvi. I am really speechless about this behaviour.

Last edited:
Just seen this on the Film Arena FB page

Dear collectors,

let us politely inform you that we have selected the following movies for the FAC, together with our distribution partner MagicBox .

We plan WEA FAC steelbooks for these titles: The Shawshank Redemption Papillon, DIRTY DANCING, THE THING and BACKDRAFT.

The first title SHAWSHANK is timelined for 2Q 2016 in this year , the rest belong to the plan for the year 2017.

Thank you for your support and look forward to working with you .

Team FA

Next bad experience with Filmarena.

I have ordered some copies of Terminator Genisys for me and a small group. As you all know, this release was delayed two (?) times, so i have waited a long time.
Of course, they had my money and could work with my money (HELLO INTEREST).

The problem was, that 3 steelbooks are not ready to ship at release day and they want to ship it later. After 3 weeks i have asked them when the last 3 steelbooks will be shipped.
Short answer, with your next order.

Ouh .... with my next order? What will happen when i don´t make a new order? Unfortunately, i have an open Looper order. So i told them, it is ok to send the three missing T5 Steelbooks with my Looper order but only if it is not delayed again. Release was 08.02.2016. I cannot understand, that i have to ask where my PAID items are. And i also cannot understand, why they do not ask if it is ok for me to wait even longer for my paid T5 Steelbooks after i have waited that long because of their delays.

Now Looper is delayed again (15.02.2016) and i told them that i want my missing T5 steelbooks NOW, because no one knows how many times Looper is delayed again and again and again......

It is ridiculous that i have to run after my paid items (also the shipment is paid). And that they do not ask if it is ok for me to wait for the Looper Release that they can ship it together.

Now my question is send to the head coworker and i have to wait. Let me guess, i got an answer from him at 15.02.2016. I am sure in this little rat shop, the co head worker sits just one desk beside Simona. Maybe they even share a desk.

I cannot understand why this company is for many collectors the number 1. With this customer service, I really hope that they are going to be the next zavvi. I am really speechless about this behaviour.

Just want to say, that they have realized that these methods are really lousy and send my 3 missing T5 steelbooks. And just one day later i got the mail from FA that Looper is delayed again.
I expected it.

I'd just like to show my appreciation for Film Arena. It's so refreshing to see not only a great selection of films - but also the ability for fans to vote for their favourite choices. If only other companies would follow this approach rather than telling us what we're getting.

I had no idea until just now that you could even vote and it looks like it's it's gone for now, but hopefully they'll do another poll in future as there are some great choices still to be made :thumbs:

@Collector03601
Hi,just wondered re Warner Brothers titles if they are more difficult to do FAC versions of.
There's so many great titles from WB that I'd love to see (Chris Nolan films, and the upcoming Batman vs Superman film, Mad Max Fury Road)
Not sure if it's less likely with WB titles.

@Collector03601
Hi,just wondered re Warner Brothers titles if they are more difficult to do FAC versions of.
There's so many great titles from WB that I'd love to see (Chris Nolan films, and the upcoming Batman vs Superman film, Mad Max Fury Road)
Not sure if it's less likely with WB titles.
Yes, indeed it is. They are difficult when it comes to exclusive artwork etc. Remember Interstellar? It was planned and discussed with them but it couldnt happen because they did not approve. Now with some titles coming as FAC (Shawshank Redemption) it seems like things might be changing for better. Given the fact that even with Marvel its not that easy (no Ant-Man or Avengers and Im sure FA tried negotiating for these titles) Im keeping my fingers crossed that they will come to some sort of agreement with WB. Lets think positive and maybe it will happen, you never know.

Reactions: luke98