Film Arena - Steelbook Retailer Thread

fa logo 2.jpg

Feel free to discuss any experiences or policies about this retailer here.

http://www.filmarena.cz/

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I was just assigned a still collectable number of 1894. Guess it's still open for assigning. I'm not sure what happens if someone gives up here number if we all move up in the line or not. But hey here still assigning them

Well I was just assigned a still collectable number of 1894. Guess it's still open for assigning. I'm not sure what happens if someone gives up here number if we all move up in the line or not. But hey here still assigning them
No, your number always stays the same (that's the whole point, everything you order from them having the same number); if someone else gives up a lower number I assume it will then be assigned to someone else that requests a collectable number.

Apologies for asking some dumb questions here, but are FA titles region free? I just missed out on the group buy for Dredd, and thinking of ordering directly from the site when it becomes available. I've looked at shipping costs on their site, but it just lists "foreign countries - payment in advance // United Kingdom payment in advance from 369 CZK from 586 CZK from 589 CZK. Have any UK ninjas bought from the site directly, and if so, when do they charge for the "payment in advance" shipping? Is this taken when the pre-order is made, or closer to the dispatch date?
Thanks Ninjas!

FYI, the Dredd GB has been re-opened as the GB host managed to secure some extra copies, might want to head there if you haven't yet.

Reactions: bigstevie8582
How exactly do the still numbers work. I have a number but prefer not to pay that much shipping. I'm in GB but don't know if I got in soon enough to secure a copy.

As a U.S. Buyer can I cancel an FA Website order if I find out I made it into the GB?

I believe you have a week brides pre order of non still collectable to say you do t want it. Then they give it to someone else for each. If you don't claim it or say you do t want it you give up your bumber

As a U.S. Buyer can I cancel an FA Website order if I find out I made it into the GB?
Anyone can cancel an order, but you won't be refunded as apparently it costs them a ridiculous amount to do so, you'll be given store credit instead.

So I tried buying directly from the site with my collectible number for the first time, and I'm not having the best of luck. For some reason, my payment isn't going through.

nlBIyoF.png

I've tried multiple cards, multiple times. I've made sure I've entered everything correctly, and I absolutely have enough money in my account. So I'm really confused as to why this won't work.

Has anyone else ordered directly and had success? What's the trick?

Been thinking today about the great upcoming FAC Steelbooks being released and started to think what films I would love to see have the the FAC treatment.
My 3 dream releases are..
1/Batman 1989
2/The Crow
3/Superman

Would love to hear what 3 Steelbooks @Collector03601 @carllenc would choose as there top 3 dream releases. Also what would other Ninjas love to see.

Been thinking today about the great upcoming FAC Steelbooks being released and started to think what films I would love to see have the the FAC treatment.
1/Batman 1989
2/The Crow
3/Superman

Would love to hear what 3 Steelbooks @Collector03601 @carllenc would choose as there top 3 dream releases. Also what would other Ninjas love to see.
3 I would love would be

1 Sucker Punch, it's a film just crying out for the full slip treatment. Other than the original old German steel and SDCC version the rest have been junk that don't feature the girls properly.

2 The Perks Of Being A Wallflower, love the film and yet to get a steelbook.

3 Veronica Mars movie, yeah not a snowballs chance in hell of this one ever happening but a boy can dream can't he! [emoji7] [emoji7] [emoji7] [emoji7]

And just to completely dream with my head in the clouds FAC matching fullslips and steels of Kick Ass1 and 2 with WEA [emoji7] [emoji41]

1/Batman 1989
2/The Crow
3/Superman

Nice choice. Its really hard to choose just 3 but I think I would go by my favourite directors so anything from Zack Snyder, David Fincher, Guy Ritchie or Christopher Nolan would be perfect choice for me.

Would also love to see WB titles like Constantine or Blood Diamond getting a FAC treatment :thumbs:

Hi guys,
i recent made the mistake of cancelling parts of my order with filmarena without reading this thread first regarding how they handle refunds.
I asked them nicely if they could transfer the money back to my credit card or bank account, but the response was just that they already put the filmarena credits to my account.
So does anybody who was in the same situation know what i could do, because i don't feel like spending another ~90€ on stuff i don't really need.

Thanks

This is a video of german online-shop Megastore Palast catching up Terminator 3 Full Slips direct at Filmarena HQ in Prague. Skip to minute 3:30 and you can see some photos from the store.

• Informative
Reactions: Asopp and MrBMT
question, hope someone can answer : does this cool FAC releases have eng sub ? stupid me never stopped and thought about it. I buy these to open and watch...

edit : it seems they have. cool.

My FAC top5 wishlist are
1. Jurassic Park trilogy (since they announced Jurassic World)
2. LOTR trilogy
3. Superman (Christopher Reeves)
4. Fight Club
5. Silence Of The Lambs
@Actarus is FA direct order parcel custom friendly for us Canadians? Or do I have to email them for that?

Last edited:
@Actarus is FA direct order parcel custom friendly for us Canadians? Or do I have to email them for that?

I know that if you buy 1 new Edition from the FAC for example, it shouldn't be a problem not even worth mentioning, if you want to buy multiple copies that I would recommend you asking if they will. I know some companies are very flexible on that, others will go by the book as if they get a custom hit by shipping a parcel and they did not disclose the price as per the Invoice they can be hit with a fine and also may lose the ability to sell in the country they got hit(I heard as per rules) ...so one edition = no worries

Reactions: rj531