Film Arena - Steelbook Retailer Thread

fa logo 2.jpg

Feel free to discuss any experiences or policies about this retailer here.

http://www.filmarena.cz/

Last edited by a moderator:
This was brought up before but since FA has established that their line for the ''film arena Collection'' would be with a main component; ''the WEA FullSlips'' they will remain with their FullSlips as they are happy with the way their line is going with their FullSlips part of the FAC and when they will want to include a lenticular, it will be as in the previous releases with the magnet ones. This way both world is happy, we get the FullSlip and the Lenti... But it is the way that film Arena has been wanting to design their line so far and they are happy with the result of their fullslips and the way that their releases are ending up.

Why do you rubbish any suggestions for improvement and dismiss any criticisms (even if justified) in the same officious manner? I find it a bit strange that you act as a spokesperson for Film Arena despite having no actual involvement with the company to my knowledge.

I agree. I think this title lends itself to a lenticular slip.

Why do you rubbish any suggestions for improvement and dismiss any criticisms (even if justified) in the same officious manner? I find it a bit strange that you act as a spokesperson for Film Arena despite having no actual involvement with the company to my knowledge.

I thought he was a moderator on the forum based on his responses. But just noticed he isn't ...

Last time I checked, English is not @Actarus' first language, so some things said may come across as more dismissive than they're actually intended to be.

As for acting like a spokesperson, he may not be one in an 'official' capacity, but certainly contacts them to find out information/provides feedback to them regularly from what I've seen and therefore is more likely to know what's happening with them (the only people likely to potentially know more here are Carllenc and Collector03601).

Instead of going on the offensive towards someone that's just trying to be helpful, if you have feedback for Film Arena why not get in touch with them yourself? The email links are right there on their site.

Mods: Sorry for the off-topic, but I thought it should be said.

Last edited:
The thing with Filmarena is that from my feeling they become the people's champ. How they come up out of nowhere, a european retailer who got into the Full Slip game.
And most of the people want the WWA release anyway. So they took it and wrap it up in a high quality Full Slip with carefully thought out artwork, with goodies like a Lenticular
you would not expect to be that high quality. Definitely its not like a Novamedia Lenticular where you get the feeling to grab Tom Cruise out of it and play with him but it never feels like it is rushed or it don't make sense. It's definitely an upgrade to the set and fun to have. And you'll get both, the Full Slip and the Lenticular. I don't double dip a lot so for me it's perfect to have one version with both. Everything, like the other goodies with Booklet and Artcards, are top quality.
And this whole package comes with a price where you don't think about that long. When you like the WWA release you'll cop the Filmarena excl. instead. When you don't like the WWA release for its own maybe
the FA set gets you into it...
And also a plus is like Ex_Machina pre-order from zavvi was a long time before the GB here. And there was quiet a few people that missed out and went to the french or german release. So now they get the
chance to cop it when they totally missed out or upgrade from the regular release.

So they do a lot of things very right and that's for me the point why they become so popular. I don't see any point why they should change their current route.

Last edited:
I agree. I think this title lends itself to a lenticular slip.

In my opinion, actarus's post didn't come across as dismissive or critical of others posts. He isn't attempting to put himself out there as a 'Filmarena representative' either, he's just trying to give a little insight, which, in my opinion, is always appreciated here.... which is more than can be said for the responses his post received...........

Last edited:
Last time I checked, English is not @Actarus' first language, so some things said may come across as more dismissive than they're actually intended to be.

As for acting like a spokesperson, he may not be one in an 'official' capacity, but certainly contacts them to find out information/provides feedback to them regularly from what I've seen and therefore is more likely to know what's happening with them (the only people likely to potentially know more here are Carllenc and Collector03601).

Instead of going on the offensive towards someone that's just trying to be helpful, if you have feedback for Film Arena why not get in touch with them yourself? The email links are right there on their site.

Mods: Sorry for the off-topic, but I thought it should be said.

There are a lot of members here whose first language isn't English but it generally isn't a problem.

I sometimes get the impression that it isn't direction from Film Arena but simply @Actarus' opinion. If we take the post in this thread for example, are Film Arena unwilling to listen to feedback from customers or is @Actarus simply happy with the products Film Arena are currently offering and doesn't wish for that to change?

I don't think it is 'going on the offensive', simply sharing a frustration that has been growing for a while, one that a few others seem to share.

In my opinion, actarus's post didn't come across as dismissive or critical of others posts. He isn't attempting to put himself out there as a 'Filmarena representative either, he's just trying to give a little insight, which, in my opinion, is always appreciated here.... which is more than can be said for the responses his post received...........

I wasn't referring specifically to that post but a lot of posts over the last few weeks/months. It seems @Acatrus refuses to allow criticism or suggestions which are often constructive and perfectly reasonable from members who are simply trying to help Film Arena provide a better product/service.

On a brighter note, personally. i think the full slip with magnetic lenticular works really well, however, I can fully appreciate that some collectors would prefer to have the full slip lenticular instead......
Filmarena are doing a fantastic job at the moment but who knows what they'll give us in future? Maybe the lenticular full slip will be something they'll consider. The cuurent slip/magnet format is something I would prefer but peoples' tastes differ, naturally............

Last edited:
There are a lot of members here whose first language isn't English but it generally isn't a problem.
And some are better at portraying the nuances of the English language than others. If someone's first language isn't English then it's always best to take what they say with a pinch of salt as you may not be interpreting their meaning correctly.

I sometimes get the impression that it isn't direction from Film Arena but simply @Actarus' opinion. If we take the post in this thread for example, are Film Arena unwilling to listen to feedback from customers or is @Actarus simply happy with the products Film Arena are currently offering and doesn't wish for that to change?
If that's your feeling, then why not simply contact Film Arena as I suggested? After all, you're not going to get the official answer you seem to want until you do.

I am not trying to represent film arena, I am just over excited with their releases and what they put out. I help out as best as I can on the board but there will always be some members that will try to start something when they are not happy with what you said. But to those who say I am dismissive or critical it isn't what I try to do but many members also do get a joy to pick on the simplest negative things that could be misinterpreted. Especially 2 of the most negative members on here that I try to avoid at all cost as I have seen over and over their negativity in action on the board and endless debate to have the last word Mr.The Negative Ninja himself @snoloui, and @InAFalseto.

Last edited:
Hey guys, enough of this back and forth in these threads.

As mentioned before, if you have an issue with someone, address it by PM. You also have the choice to add specific members to your ignore list so you don't see their posts afterwards.

Let this be the end of it. Thanks.

I saw on FAs homepage that there is a little Filmarena store in Prague. When I visit Prague can I go there and look/buy something in their shop!? Or is it just a office/warehouse?
They have a shop :) Karel posted pictures of it back in one of his group buy threads! (I can't remember which one).
Edit: I found the pictures and posted links in my post below!

Last edited:
They have a shop :) Karel posted pictures of it back in one of his group buy threads! (I can't remember which one).

Aw I missed those pictures, awesome, thank you very much!
I will probably go in September to Prague and it would be nice beside my main destinations to see their store :D

Reactions: CollectorEmtee
Aw I missed those pictures, awesome, thank you very much!
I will probably go in September to Prague and it would be nice beside my main destinations to see their store :D
No problem and I think it would be a cool place to see too! Here you go, I found some pictures for you :)

There are some inside here:
https://www.hidefninja.com/communit...worldwide-shipping.64729/page-12#post-1423464
(Mostly) Outside here:
https://www.hidefninja.com/communit...worldwide-shipping.64906/page-37#post-1461565

No problem and I think it would be a cool place to see too! Here you go, I found some pictures for you :)

There are some inside here:
https://www.hidefninja.com/communit...worldwide-shipping.64729/page-12#post-1423464
(Mostly) Outside here:
https://www.hidefninja.com/communit...worldwide-shipping.64906/page-37#post-1461565

Awesome thank you for your help buddy!! I missed those because I passed on Elektra :oohyeah:
I will definitely visit them!! Maybe cobsters decals will arrive me till September than I will bring something ninja-related to them to show support :joy:

If anyone has a pre-order on Filmarena check your credit card. I just was double charged on an order from last week. When I asked Filmarena told me that this is because they are changing their bank partners or whatever.
Just thought you should know.

If anyone has a pre-order on Filmarena check your credit card. I just was double charged on an order from last week. When I asked Filmarena told me that this is because they are changing their bank partners or whatever.
Just thought you should know.

IMO, any money charges should be made very clear by the retailer and the Credit Card company / Bank

Just wanted to let you know that I just watched an Interview with the founder of this new german online-shop: http://megastorepalast.de/
He said they official partnership with Filmarena for their releases, a distribution deal for germany like Steelarchive I think, more Details next week. They ship worldwide.
Maybe the prices will go down with this Deal, actual Filmarena releases are there for 50-55 EUR :blackeye:
He also said that they ship in extra protected parcels with a three lay cardboard.