Film Arena - Steelbook Retailer Thread

fa logo 2.jpg

Feel free to discuss any experiences or policies about this retailer here.

http://www.filmarena.cz/

Last edited by a moderator:
I just ordered 4 steelbooks from here. Does any one know how I can tell which country's release the steelbooks will be? I ordered Hansel and Gretel 3D, Jack Reacher, Resident Evil Retribution, and Iron Man 3.

I placed an order today for Wolf Of Wall Street Czech steelbook, but sent two emails TODAY to cancel it ... Let's see what happens. If I get store credit I won't be very happy as it's a Sunday and I literally emailed them a few hours after ordering to cancel it.

Only reason i've cancelled it is because I have just purchased it brand new off some one on here for significantly cheaper.

Reactions: pokjak290
Just had confirmation that my order has been cancelled ... but you guessed it folks, the dreaded 'store credit' email has come through.

Word of warning, do not expect to be able to cancel a order and get your money back with this company. Only order if you are 100% sure you want the item.

Just a quick update. The reason they cannot refund back to a credit card is because the bank they do business with doesn't allow it. And bank transfers cost to much if you are not a Czech national. Hence the store credit ... makes sense I guess.

Looks like I will be shopping with them another day as I now have credit with the store.

Reactions: pokjak290
Hopefully more people start to check out FA's website. They've set the bar high and I've been very impressed with how well they launched straight into the Steelbook game with some exceptional releases lately. Undoubtedly the best European retailer for Kimchi-esque Steelbooks in my opinion.

More to come from them I hope! :)

If anyone from Film Arena stumbles upon this, keep up the good work! :thumbs:

Is there anyone from the UK who has recently ordered directly from the site and can tell me roughly how long items take to be delivered?

Thanks.

Is there anyone from the UK who has recently ordered directly from the site and can tell me roughly how long items take to be delivered?

Thanks.
But worried about my order to the UK too. Order status says order accepted on 31st March, ready for shipping & shipped on 1st April but then 'order paid' on 6th April. The money went from my account on the 31st so what is this 'order paid'?

Emailed them got lots of helpful emails back (in good English) to assist and delivered today. Excellent over the top packaging. Excellent customer service. I think the only possible problem was with DHL.

Emailed them got lots of helpful emails back (in good English) to assist and delivered today. Excellent over the top packaging. Excellent customer service. I think the only possible problem was with DHL.

As far as I can see, there is only one problem with ordering direct from Film Arena.

If you live outside of the Czech Republic, or Slovakia, the postage costs are horrendous - they make Canada Post's new pricing policies look positively frugal.

Small update: Just rechecked the postage rates, and, quite ridiculously it costs more to receive goods in Sweden, Denmark, Norway and the UK, than it is to receive goods in Australia or the US.

And, in turn it costs more to receive your goods in Belgium and Germany than it does in the Uk, yet Ireland is cheaper than the UK!

It seems to me there is no real method behind the postage pricing,and frankly it is scandalous when the postage costs more, or at best equal to the cost of the goods!

They really need to address this factor, as it is bound to hold them back; which would be a shame as they do seem a very ambitious company.

Last edited:
Is anyone else else experiencing delays in shipping from Film Arena. The first order I recieved came in less than a week. My current order was sent on the 3rd April and have heard nothing can't even track as the couriers website is down.

I thought I'd share my first FilmArena ordering experience with the ninjas at HDN.

I placed my order on 6th April and today (20th April) I took delivery via DHL courier.

The packaging was fantastic, a huge box in black bin liner, inside was a massive amount of shredded paper. After getting through the shredded paper there was another big box (inside the bigger box) which was jam packed with layer after layer of bubble wrap.

Eventually I got to the goods inside which was in Mint/perfect condition.

I took a few pics whilst I was unboxing for you guys to see.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429528370.861101.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429528382.744431.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429528392.283254.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429528403.338795.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429528434.620623.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429528445.809512.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429528460.516617.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429528476.406411.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429528486.596874.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429528515.091840.jpg

• Helpful Post
Reactions: lolwut and MrBMT
I received my first order from filmarena on Saturday. I would have gotten it on Monday but I picked it up personally at the post office so I got it earlier. I placed my order on the 15th and picked it up as I said on the 18th.
I can definitely say that it was the best packed and protected package I have ever received. It is like those Russian dolls. You open one and there is another inside and so on :D
My package was wrapped in black foil inside which was a cardboard box. Inside that box was huge amount of bubble wrap (on the top and the bottom). In the middle there was my package that was wrapped in bubble wrap and taped. Inside that bubble wrap there was another smaller cardboard box also taped. Inside that box yet another taped bubble wrap inside which, finally there were my steelbooks.
It took me literary about 10-15 minutes to unpack it :D
Here are some photos:
Main cardboard box and the bubble wrap that was inside the box (that is not all of it :) )
IMG_20150418_122213.jpg

Smaller cardboard box (it was also wrapped in bubble wrap)
IMG_20150418_122403.jpg

And finally the goodies inside (Steelbooks were also separated by bubble wrap):
IMG_20150418_122918.jpg