Film Arena - Steelbook Retailer Thread

fa logo 2.jpg

Feel free to discuss any experiences or policies about this retailer here.

http://www.filmarena.cz/

Last edited by a moderator:
They tried to charge my CC after the pre-order, but since there is not enough money, they asked me if i'm really interested in this since the payment has not been done (ok, no problem). I told them i didn't know they would have charged my CC at the time of pre-order, and that's their answer
it's need to make a payment within three days. Yes,You can cancel the order but it is not possible to return it to Your credit card and it would be added into Your filmarena account for future order.
What does it mean? Once they take my money from the CC, I can cancel my preorder, but don't they give me back the money but they "save" it for the next order? They take my money even if I don't buy anything? Did I understand right? :wow::wow:

They tried to charge my CC after the pre-order, but since there is not enough money, they asked me if i'm really interested in this since the payment has not been done (ok, no problem). I told them i didn't know they would have charged my CC at the time of pre-order, and that's their answer

What does it mean? Once they take my money from the CC, I can cancel my preorder, but don't they give me back the money but they "save" it for the next order? They take my money even if I don't buy anything? Did I understand right? :wow::wow:
Yep, they don't return you the money (back to your bank account). Instead you get filmarena credit added to you account and you can use that to buy things.

Reactions: howarmat
Can they do that? Obviously, but is it legal?
Pretty sure they can/it is as they're operating in the Czech Republic - I also saw in the retailer thread this was mentioned:
The reason they cannot refund back to a credit card is because the bank they do business with doesn't allow it. And bank transfers cost to much if you are not a Czech national. Hence the store credit ... makes sense I guess.

Anyway, discussion of this sort of thing is best suited for their retailer thread here. :)

• Informative
Reactions: BluSteel2012
Pretty sure they can/it is as they're operating in the Czech Republic - I also saw in the retailer thread this was mentioned:

Anyway, discussion of this sort of thing is best suited for their retailer thread here. :)
Actually, now I think of it if I return something to my local HMV, they only give store credit and not a refund. Same thing I guess.

Actually, now I think of it if I return something to my local HMV, they only give store credit and not a refund. Same thing I guess.
That's different as your just returning an unwanted purchase but you are still covered if purchased online under the distance selling rules
It would depend on when you decided to do the return its 7 days with HMV if its an unwanted item its 30 days if damaged item
They must provide you with a full refund under Cooling-off period which is 14 days if your purchase online

In regards to Film Arena they cant use that excuse about costs of money transfer that's not the customer problem or reason to avoid giving a refund
Film Arena are an online shop so all purchases are covered under the distance selling rules between EU Member Countries
Upon cancellation, the trader is obliged to repay all payments you made, including delivery charges, within 14 days
They cant offer you store credit if you cancel an order or they cancel an order they must abide by European Law in regards to Distance Selling Rules and EU consumer law
Czech Republic is a member of the European Union they are obliged to adhere to EU consumer laws

Last edited:
In all fairness if they ship internationally and their bank can't refund to another country, that sounds ridiculous.

How come every other online retailer can?

If Zavvi said that, there'd be war over it!

Last edited:
I'm not sure if I even want to deal with them. The postage seems high and the idea of an online company doing store credit sounds weird to me

I'm not sure if I even want to deal with them. The postage seems high and the idea of an online company doing store credit sounds weird to me
It's not that uncommon; WOW HD does it, YesAsia does it. Zavvi sometimes offers store credit if you don't specify CC straight away when requesting a refund.