Film Arena - Steelbook Retailer Thread

fa logo 2.jpg

Feel free to discuss any experiences or policies about this retailer here.

http://www.filmarena.cz/

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know how long time a package takes to get delivered to the U.S.? A couple steels were shipped from on 6/22 and were shipped using the economy shipping method. I tracked the customs number and the package hasn't left Czech R. since 6/23. FA told me it could take up to 3 months which is unheard of in my experience.

Anyone know how long time a package takes to get delivered to the U.S.? A couple steels were shipped from on 6/22 and were shipped using the economy shipping method. I tracked the customs number and the package hasn't left Czech R. since 6/23. FA told me it could take up to 3 months which is unheard of in my experience.

3 months is a lot. The usuall time is 2 to 3 weeks but just recently we had a situation where one member waited month and two weeks I think. I will check with Karel, maybe he can ask when he is down at PO.

3 months is a lot. The usuall time is 2 to 3 weeks but just recently we had a situation where one member waited month and two weeks I think. I will check with Karel, maybe he can ask when he is down at PO.

Thank you for offering to look into the time :)
I think 2-3 months is excessive but I understand sometimes it takes extra time. I will continue to wait and if it doesn't show up eventually I will dispute the charges with my bank.

Hello. I have a question regarding filmarena start of still collectable numbers. I read that you can join it and then get each of there releases with the same number. Is that correct? Is anyone here on the collectable number program? I would like to know what happens if you don't want a detain movie? Do you lose your number or still retain it? Also is it just for the film arena collection or all here movies that are limited numberd but not in the film arena collection? Thanks everyone for any info

Great shop, super-safe packaging and with the exclusive releases they are amongst the best choices in Europe.

My package finally arrived today! Great packaging by FA and they threw in two plastic bags. Definitely satisfied with my purchase!

I'm sure it was already explained, but I remember seeing someone mention that you can register with a number from the numbered card on their website... Is this true and if so, how does one do that? :)

Edit: nevermind, just found it. These are all long gone I suppose :sleep:

Last edited:
Hi

I just had the most AWFUL experience with Filmarena. I have ordered from them for quite sometime, but until I canceled a preorder, I was unaware of a very lame business policy they have; NO REFUNDS only store credit. Reason I was given was it cost them too much money to transfer it back; way lame.

I spent hours on the phone with my financial institutions as I canceled 3 preorders due to this lame policy. I have been refunded my funds, but it will take some time to make them stick. But, this is a most lame business policy that I have NEVER had to deal with even from any other steelbook selling company worldwide!!!

So, my advice is BUYER BEWARE, because if are not 1000% sure you want the item, then don't shop there and/or use a GB. I hate to think what the process is and what you get when you try to return a damaged item; oh wait, maybe you get the Zavvi-I-Don't-Do-The-Customer-Service-Number Dance - LOL

Happy steelbook collecting!

//Steve

@ijusthuman It's mentioned on the first page here that they don't do refunds, it's a shame you had to find out the way you did though.
I'm sure I saw someone mention here recently that they were trying to change banks so that they'd be able to without it costing them a ridiculous amount.

Other than that, their customer service is actually very good.

Reactions: Actarus
@ijusthuman It's mentioned on the first page here that they don't do refunds, it's a shame you had to find out the way you did though.
I'm sure I saw someone mention here recently that they were trying to change banks so that they'd be able to without it costing them a ridiculous amount.

====

Must have missed that as I have poor vision as I would never deal with a company, with such a lame policy. I got the initial reversals, but we'll have to wait and see what happens, and I definitely am no longer ordering from there and they can keep their numbered collections [G]

Yes they need to sort that out extremely quickly in regards to banks

In the meantime they are in breach of EU Law by not proving a full refund when customer uses their right to cancel a online order were payment has been taken and goods not already been supplied

All customers who order from an online retailer and sellers who sell goods online that's in the EU have rights under the Consumer Rights Directive
You have the right to cancel an order at any stage before your order has been shipped and 14 days after you receive delivery
When you cancel your order the retailer must no exceptions give a full refund including any shipping costs already paid

Store Credit is not a Full Refund

Full Refund is payments to the customers credit/debit card or whatever method they used to pay for the goods ordered

Film Arena simply have to take the hit on bank charges and cannot deny a customer their rights

Well. I know companies will charge a restocking fee for to cover the reversal charges for them. And a lot of U.S. companies do something similar to that. The only other thing they could do is not take the money right away but then run the risk of people not taking the preorder.

Well. I know companies will charge a restocking fee for to cover the reversal charges for them. And a lot of U.S. companies do something similar to that. The only other thing they could do is not take the money right away but then run the risk of people not taking the preorder.

What happens with retailers/sellers from countries outside of the European Union is different and whatever rights that exist may be different to EU law

EU Law
No retailer or Seller based in a EU Country can wave a customers rights in regards to the Consumer Rights Directive and also cannot wave a customers rights to other EU Consumers Laws

All Sellers both retailer and private sellers that are based in a EU country and sell online no matter what country the customer is from must comply with the Consumer Rights Directive in regards to a customers right to cancel an order and receive a full refund

Last edited:
Loving FA at the moment, for a time I thought they picked really poor releases but now they've picked up their game

Apologies for asking some dumb questions here, but are FA titles region free? I just missed out on the group buy for Dredd, and thinking of ordering directly from the site when it becomes available. I've looked at shipping costs on their site, but it just lists "foreign countries - payment in advance // United Kingdom payment in advance from 369 CZK from 586 CZK from 589 CZK. Have any UK ninjas bought from the site directly, and if so, when do they charge for the "payment in advance" shipping? Is this taken when the pre-order is made, or closer to the dispatch date?
Thanks Ninjas!

Apologies for asking some dumb questions here, but are FA titles region free? I just missed out on the group buy for Dredd, and thinking of ordering directly from the site when it becomes available. I've looked at shipping costs on their site, but it just lists "foreign countries - payment in advance // United Kingdom payment in advance from 369 CZK from 586 CZK from 589 CZK. Have any UK ninjas bought from the site directly, and if so, when do they charge for the "payment in advance" shipping? Is this taken when the pre-order is made, or closer to the dispatch date?
Thanks Ninjas!
Full payment including shipping is taken straight away.

Reactions: bigstevie8582
Anyone else get an 'unencrypted connection' message when logging on to their site recently?

Getting this warning from my virus/malware protection