GB qty and prices:
1 click $168 x 40
Double lenti $63 x 48
Single lenti $60 x 48
Full Slip $58 x 48

IMG_0868.JPG IMG_0869.JPG IMG_0870.JPG IMG_0871.JPG
Screen Shot 2016-11-09 at 10.03.22 PM.png

Last edited:
Off-topic, Bambi and Brave Vivas are in my top metal packaging. FS/BB Pinocchio, Asian Lion King, FS/BB Watchmen and Zavvi Cinderella would be the others after a quick look at my br.com collection.

Those still blow me away @Actarus

• Thanks
Reactions: Actarus
Am I in the minority?

What I value from Blufans are the Lenti slips the steelbook are packaged in. I feel this is what makes them shine - not necessarily the steels themselves.

• Thanks
Reactions: WKRP
Ha ha! I'm starting to realize that!

Figures... I only started collecting steelbook when many of the Amaray releases I was purchasing weren't being offered ANYWHERE with lenticular slips.

I guess I'm kind of opposite... i don't really care if it amaray steelbook as long as it has a Lenti slip! I have to say though, that thanks to this forum, I'm learning to appreciate steels more and more. If both were offered with Lenti slips I would choose the steel every time.

I really love my Kung-Fu Panda 1 & 2 steels from Blufans and my John Wick steels from Film Arena and Nova Media!

Am I in the minority?

What I value from Blufans are the Lenti slips the steelbook are packaged in. I feel this is what makes them shine - not necessarily the steels themselves.
I agree with you about the slip if it's a full slip. I'm glad to have either steel or keep case inside. SteelBooks were better back in the day when FS/BB ruled. On today's steels they don't use thick metal, thick paint or heavy gloss. They emboss more releases now, but the metal's thinner. The slips are where the art's at now.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Actarus
I agree with you about the slip if it's a full slip. I'm glad to have either steel or keep case inside. SteelBooks were better back in the day when FS/BB ruled. On today's steels they don't use thick metal, thick paint or heavy gloss. They way emboss more releases now, but the metal's thinner. The slips are where the art's at now.
I'll have to pick some of those earlier steels for my collection to see what you mean (as budget allows)!

• Thanks
Reactions: WKRP
I'll have to pick some of those earlier steels for my collection to see what you mean (as budget allows)!

You want to give a look at Kung Fu Panda 1 and Kung Fu Panda 2, The Quality of the Steel is there and the Spot Gloss treatment as the finish touch elevates this steel. 2 little Gems with nice photo cards as Bonus. It is just a Fullslip no lenticular on the single e ditions. The Double Pack has a lenti however it is not the greatest from Blufans but includes a Sweet Book.

KFP 1

1- front lenti.jpg 2- Back lenti.jpg 4 - Back steel.jpg

KFP 2

1- Front Lenti.jpg 4- Front steel.jpg5 - back steel.jpg

Attachments

• 5 - back steel.jpg
    5 - back steel.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 135
  • Thanks
Reactions: lgans316 and chunk
It's a shame as some of the early Disney Zavvi exclusives were gorgeous but these days no title means no purchase unless either the movie or the steel is amazing and even then I'd probably wait. Haven't bought one yet mind...
No title?

Like on the front of the steel? I don't get the problem.... :dunno:

The front and the spine. Personally I prefer a title on my steelbooks. Especially when Disney only do it to save money...

As an example just compare this...

with these

I know which style i'd prefer everytime but each to their own
Thanks for responding :)

I feel like those are just plain.... BAD covers.... Lame artwork, no special effects or attention to detail and quality. Like you said, they're just cheaply done right? Awful, simply awful. I do think the Aladdin one would look worse without the title, so I agree with you there.

However I can't help but think with the right design, and the right film I think a title-less steelbook could be amazing.

Take for example, Back to The future
bttf-300x150.jpg

That font, and title IS BTTF. It's part of the films identity almost. So to make a SB without its title would probably never work.

But you take a film like Anchorman however...

Anchorman-1-2-Walmart-Blu-ray-SteelBook-Front-Cover.jpg

The Mustache....and suit... IS RON BURGANDY. You don't need a title to know exactly what this movie is about. That's what makes it so perfect.

and THAT is when you make a title-less steelbook.

So I guess I'm going to probably agree with you... most steelbooks are probably better with a title, but like most rules, there's always an exception ;)

10817424-1370966116-229350.jpg

(The Title should always have a spine however)

I swear to God this is the first time I've REALLY thought about this..... I also didn't know there was such fiery discussion on the topic either :LOL:

Now I understand

Last edited by a moderator:
See that Anchorman one looks awful to me, I like a title on front AND spine, unless there's a pet slip with the title on that compliments the artwork.

What annoys me with the Disney and marvel releases is that the art is clearly built to have a title on there via the pet slip, so when you get ones like Frozen it really grinds my gears as it's buying half the complete item from the very start.

At this point we're a few weeks overdue for more details. I think Kevin over on Blu-ray.com figured he'd have more to share before the Chinese New Year (which is starting to feel obnoxiously long). Hoping for more details this coming week, as the New Year is finally coming to an end.

It's so different in America. Businesses shutting down for two+ weeks isn't that common and seems like a bad business practice but Blufans is a pretty small operation I guess compared to some.

• Thanks
Reactions: SlimJim24
I had to double dip on this even though I don't do that anymore. Made a special exception for the amazing lenti. Can't wait to have in hand

Thanks for the nice pics but maybe someone could move this posts to the right thread for the Kimchi release?

• Thanks
Reactions: harry