Finding Nemo: Lenticular Edition (2D+3D Blu-ray Steelbook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: February 27, 2017
Purchase link: Finding Nemo (live)
Price: £24.99

IMG_5894.JPG

IMG_5895.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Finding Nemo and Aladdin are the only Zavvi Disney steels I am missing. Bought them all secondhand these last months and those 2 are just too expensive.

So I'll probably buy Finding Nemo and Aladdin of this lenticular wave, although I really love the original Finding Nemo one, with the embossed teeth on the shark (don't expect they will emboss the back of this new steelbook which has the same artwork as the front of the original).
Maybe that one will drop in price a bit following this new release. Might still go for the original one over this new lenticular then.

You can find them cheap on ebay now. One for £26 best offer. Another £19 on auction no bids yet....
Here's your chance to grab the original at a relatively similar price or go the new release of Lenti Waves from Disney.

• Thanks
Reactions: chunk and Samurainl
Studios are the hub for re-releases. What if some Asian retailer releases WEA Finding Nemo next year?

You know you will be getting a decent lenti and other bits but I prob still wouldn't bite

And you compare uk prices to Asian prices a lot but what you don't factor is shipping and extras. Yeah in the U.K. a new Marvel film is £24.99 without a code but just before the pound died I was paying roughly £33 for a kimchi exclusive with WEA art, lenti or full slip, book, cards, poster, numbered card or sticker, item sticker etc and then shipping from a country the other side of the world. That's fine in my book and then a few quid more for 3D if that was included.
The pound issue has made kimchi, nova releases and the rest cost more now which is a shame but before it didn't work out too bad compared what you got from a asian retailer

Yeah blu fans and manta are more expensive which is annoying especially blu fans at retail/ GB but then we now know it costs more for manta to get the films/ discs and they have the qualtiy just like blu fans do with their lentis

So when you look at it like that and you always mention the price difference between uk and Asian and us moaning about uk prices but not Asian i really don't think there is any arguement.

Kimchi for me used to be the best for price even when you compare it to FAC. Kimchi releases are 90% of the time WEA with amazing finshes on the Majority of their exclusives and then they do the collection WWA range which I don't bite on anyway.

I kinda wish when zavvi started their marvel lenti range they would do a lenti slip instead of a magnet so the steels could be a better finish and i feel these should of been the same but then knowing these will be matte makes me think I got the better deal getting the originals.

Only ones I'll consider are titles that originally had no spine title (monsters uni) or that had a not so great matte finish (frozen). But only if these are gloss. Animation steels work much better glossed

Last edited:
You can find them cheap on ebay now. One for £26 best offer. Another £19 on auction no bids yet....
Here's your chance to grab the original at a relatively similar price or go the new release of Lenti Waves from Disney.
Yeah thanks, I know, but they both use Ebay global shipping program at the ridiculous rate of £13 per item to The Netherlands. I refuse to buy from sellers who use that ripoff shipping system.

Last edited:
I don't agree with the lenti editions, though companies are going to continue producing these as long as there is money to be made from it. Next it will be the full slip editions, then the 4k editions etc etc.

All that said though I am happy to see a steelbook of finding nemo with the turtles on - your riding it dude - and the lenti could look awesome if it is produced correctly

In for this. I missed the original release & this is the only Pixar movie I don't have a steelbook for. Happily pay the 24.99 price than the prices its going for on eBay.

STOP IT ZAVVI JUST STOP

Only titles that should be rereleased is Monsters University, Frozen and Zootopia since they got horrible spineless, tittleless steelbools
maybe lenticular spines would work. that way you could have a title and a column of faces

• Thanks
Reactions: BDDB
It's Xmas coming up guys, of course Disney are going to want to make some money and release some additional titles.

I'm disgusted they are doing this. It's such a slap in the face to loyal customers who bought the originals. :arghh:

I'm not following your logic.

I'm one of many who was unable to secure the original Zavvi Steelbook. From where I stand, it's more of a slap in the face that Zavvi didn't increase the count of the original release so that all loyal customers who wanted it could get it at a fair price instead of hunting on eBay.

• Thanks
Reactions: Drumass and DrH
You know you will be getting a decent lenti and other bits but I prob still wouldn't bite

And you compare uk prices to Asian prices a lot but what you don't factor is shipping and extras. Yeah in the U.K. a new Marvel film is £24.99 without a code but just before the pound died I was paying roughly £33 for a kimchi exclusive with WEA art, lenti or full slip, book, cards, poster, numbered card or sticker, item sticker etc and then shipping from a country the other side of the world. That's fine in my book and then a few quid more for 3D if that was included.
The pound issue has made kimchi, nova releases and the rest cost more now which is a shame but before it didn't work out too bad compared what you got from a asian retailer

Yeah blu fans and manta are more expensive which is annoying especially blu fans at retail/ GB but then we now know it costs more for manta to get the films/ discs and they have the qualtiy just like blu fans do with their lentis

So when you look at it like that and you always mention the price difference between uk and Asian and us moaning about uk prices but not Asian i really don't think there is any arguement.

Kimchi for me used to be the best for price even when you compare it to FAC. Kimchi releases are 90% of the time WEA with amazing finshes on the Majority of their exclusives and then they do the collection WWA range which I don't bite on anyway.

I kinda wish when zavvi started their marvel lenti range they would do a lenti slip instead of a magnet so the steels could be a better finish and i feel these should of been the same but then knowing these will be matte makes me think I got the better deal getting the originals.

Only ones I'll consider are titles that originally had no spine title (monsters uni) or that had a not so great matte finish (frozen). But only if these are gloss. Animation steels work much better glossed

I'm pretty sure if Kimchi did Marvel or Disney exclusives, they would be more expensive than regular movies. Let's face it with the premium retailer's we are paying extra for a bit of printed paper and card, however nice it may look.

• Thanks
Reactions: natlee75
I'm not following your logic.

I'm one of many who was unable to secure the original Zavvi Steelbook. From where I stand, it's more of a slap in the face that Zavvi didn't increase the count of the original release so that all loyal customers who wanted it could get it at a fair price instead of hunting on eBay.

That is the point of any limited collectable. A large number were available to order for a very long time and zavvi even much later offered so many buy one get one free (another slap to people who preordered these paying full price)
If I missed a collectable yes I am disappointed but in this case such a huge collection as this to have been released now surely at least continuing first would have been sensible rather than re-releasing. It's just one of those annoying things people who didn't get them think great and people who did and spent a lot of money on these are going to be extremely dissapointed.

I'm pretty sure if Kimchi did Marvel or Disney exclusives, they would be more expensive than regular movies. Let's face it with the premium retailer's we are paying extra for a bit of printed paper and card, however nice it may look.

Well yeah kimchi winter soldier was a bit more but your forgetting about shipping from accross the world. It's just under $12 for me so that's a chunk of it there. But that bit of printed paper you mention are usually top quality. Or the lentis are crazy, just look at kimchi hateful eight slips, it follows pool lenti, nova Marvel lentis. Definatley worth the extra compared to the lentis attached the zavvi marvel wave. Which these will be no different.

Kimchi winter soldier was £18 more than a standard matte WWA winter soldier Steel from zavvi (in my case) and it's an incredible package with WEA art.
But some of that extra was shipping so really it was only roughly £8/£10 more, and the quality of the slip, art cards, postcards etc are top notch which is costing about £10 more than a standard package (after shipping)

My point is in most cases it's not as bad as @lgans316 always mentions when you factor everything in.

All depends on how you look at it

Reactions: lgans316