Finding Nemo: Lenticular Edition (2D+3D Blu-ray Steelbook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: February 27, 2017
Purchase link: Finding Nemo (live)
Price: £24.99

IMG_5894.JPG

IMG_5895.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
STOP IT ZAVVI JUST STOP

Only titles that should be rereleased is Monsters University, Frozen and Zootopia since they got horrible spineless, tittleless steelbools

I agree (apart from the hysterics). It would be great to see all those dreadful WWA releases done again.

Reactions: FN-2187
I may get shot down for this.
I have not yet got the reason for having a lenticular magnet on a steelbook.
It then covers up the hopefully great art on the steelbook
I can understand and have quite a few lenticular slip covers but no steelbook magnets.

The original Zavvi finding Nemo is one of my favourites but I will not be buying this

As others have mentioned there are some Disney films still missing, lilo and stitch being my most wanted.

And as for the WWA of Frozen, surely more than any other that deserves a decent steel

Well yeah kimchi winter soldier was a bit more but your forgetting about shipping from accross the world. It's just under $12 for me so that's a chunk of it there. But that bit of printed paper you mention are usually top quality. Or the lentis are crazy, just look at kimchi hateful eight slips, it follows pool lenti, nova Marvel lentis. Definatley worth the extra compared to the lentis attached the zavvi marvel wave. Which these will be no different.

Kimchi winter soldier was £18 more than a standard matte WWA winter soldier Steel from zavvi (in my case) and it's an incredible package with WEA art.
But some of that extra was shipping so really it was only roughly £8/£10 more, and the quality of the slip, art cards, postcards etc are top notch which is costing about £10 more than a standard package (after shipping)

My point is in most cases it's not as bad as @lgans316 always mentions when you factor everything in.

All depends on how you look at it

I know what your saying, but if someone isn't bothered about the extras it's expensive. Zavvi wave be it Marvel (lenti wave) or Disney have all been WEA. Some of the Disney Steels have been some of the nicest steelbooks going imo.

I don't have Finding Nemo so I'll be getting this. I won't be double dipping on the ones I already have though.

I wonder when the slip editions will be released

Reactions: Flloydo
It would save time to just copy all the comments from The Lion King (Lenticular) thread over to this one. Set up a rule to change every instance of The Lion King to Finding Nemo, and you're all set.

I look forward to reading the comments about the lenticular re-releases of Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, and the Toy Story movies.

Really do wish these were releases for films that don't already have steels :( !!

But I gotta admit I will pre order this as it looks like it will be a pretty neat steel and lenti

It would save time to just copy all the comments from The Lion King (Lenticular) thread over to this one. Set up a rule to change every instance of The Lion King to Finding Nemo, and you're all set.

I look forward to reading the comments about the lenticular re-releases of Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, and the Toy Story movies.

And I look forward to reading every steel you ordered that you 'missed out' on :)

so far i'm on board for LION KING and this, i have the viva and love it, then i got the steelbook but i wasnt so convince with the same art as the viva, i was waiting for a different art and now i will get it! :)

yea bud! i missed BEAUTY AND THE BEAST and all the TOY STORY ones...lol

I was being sarcastic :smuggrin:
I can't believe you missed out on the TS lol. They were available for a long time and reduced half price for £10. Were you waiting for them to drop to a fiver? :rofl:

I was being sarcastic :smuggrin:
I can't believe you missed out on the TS lol. They were available for a long time and reduced half price for £10. Were you waiting for them to drop to a fiver? :rofl:
i know...just laziness,lol, the truth is that i never liked the finished on those steelbooks, so i have always prayed for better releases in the future.....

I know what your saying, but if someone isn't bothered about the extras it's expensive. Zavvi wave be it Marvel (lenti wave) or Disney have all been WEA. Some of the Disney Steels have been some of the nicest steelbooks going imo.

I don't have Finding Nemo so I'll be getting this. I won't be double dipping on the ones I already have though.

I wonder when the slip editions will be released

Oh true if your looking at a blu fans, manta, kimchi release etc just for the steel then yeah it's a lot of cash just for the steel but look at the price of Hmv Thor or cap or even play iron man just for the steel. I know they have grail status but still all lot for a barebones steel

They had WEA but the marvel steels were all matte. I had the majority in hand at one point and guardians for example was so washed out, Thor was very dark and dull whereas some looked OK.

The Disney collection I look at differently as they were cheaper than the marvel lenti wave and they all have pretty much great art bar one or 2 and the odd couple with matte finish. Other than that they are perfect and I happily have them all which is why I'd rather them continue with the line with some worthy titles not yet released.
But like many have stated there will always be re releases. Which isn't always a bad thing

But yeah it's crimbo coming up and they wana make some money. They did this exactly the same time last year with the marvels so I expect at least another 6 of these before crimbo. Couple of pixars and a couple of disneys and then they will most liked continue the bigger titles next year,

I can't see them doing all the classics they have released so far again as lenti but imgaine a vast majority

I'll only double dip on certain titles that didn't have spine titles. Even though I have a PET slip for frozen, zootopia etc

Last edited:
Re-releases always happen with very popular films it's nothing new happens regularly with all film studios and happened with VHS/DVD/Blu-ray multiple re releases every few years
You have lot of new collectors of steelbooks since 2013
There are more collectors now of steelbooks than there was back in 2013 so a lot missed out on the 2013 release

Just because some collectors purchased the previous steelbook in 2013 does not mean it should not have another re release it don't affect you in anyway if you have the 2013 release you can decide to purchase or not purchase as was the same choice collectors had back in 2013

Steelbooks are sold to be purchased by customers who want to open and enjoy the release as they are a nicer packaging than a amaray they are not released for the purpose of keeping sealed and hoping to make financial gain as an investment.

As more new steelbook collectors purchase steelbooks there will always be re releases of popular films for new and existing collectors to decide to purchase or not
Your not forced into purchasing :rofl:

i know...just laziness,lol, the truth is that i never liked the finished on those steelbooks, so i have always prayed for better releases in the future.....

These will still be matte guaranteed so the finish won't change just different embossing if they do decide to. Maybe just the titles like with the marvel wave.

But then I suppose the new toy story's won't have weird eyes and nose embossing lol still love them though

• Thanks
Reactions: wjasoncul
Good old Zavvi blocked me on Twitter for sharing my thoughts on scrrewing collectors with a punch in the face on this. they really are utter greedy scum!

Re-releases always happen with very popular films it's nothing new happens regularly with all film studios and happened with VHS/DVD/Blu-ray multiple re releases every few years
You have lot of new collectors of steelbooks since 2013
There are more collectors now of steelbooks than there was back in 2013 so a lot missed out on the 2013 release

Just because some collectors purchased the previous steelbook in 2013 does not mean it should not have another re release it don't affect you in anyway if you have the 2013 release you can decide to purchase or not purchase as was the same choice collectors had back in 2013

Steelbooks are sold to be purchased by customers who want to open and enjoy the release as they are a nicer packaging than a amaray they are not released for the purpose of keeping sealed and hoping to make financial gain as an investment.

As more new steelbook collectors purchase steelbooks there will always be re releases of popular films for new and existing collectors to decide to purchase or not
Your not forced into purchasing :rofl:

Yup this is nothing new, been happening for many years now! Not ordering it speaks louder than complaining on a message board. It will still sell out though :LOL: