First Man (4K+2D & Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 21) [Hong Kong]

Level Of Interest

• Total voters
Feb 21, 2017
Release date: May 24, 2019
Purchase links: One Click - Full Slip A (4K) - Full Slip B (4K) - Lenti (2D) - (Pre-order April 12 at 8 PM HKT, GMT+8)
Price: $164.97 (One Click) - $48.99 (Full Slip A or B) - $43.99 (Lenti)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv One Click - Full Slip A (4K) - Full Slip B (4K) - Lenti (2D)
Notes: One Click 400 sets, Full Slip A 800, Full Slip B 800, Lenti 900

box_33060ce2-58bb-4a9a-9132-5106c2807d34.jpgFS_A.jpgFS_B.jpgLS_19130b4a-24ad-4276-bfdb-98e301b1bea2.jpg
first_man_steel_1024x1024.jpg
- One Click:

Outer Cover - Astronaut suit inspired cover made with fabric and patches

Inner Box - Scratch Resistance Coating + Foil + Embossing

- Full Slip A: Scratch Resistance Coating + Glossy + Embossing + Silver Foil

- Full Slip B: Holofoil + Glossy + Embossing + Silver Foil

- Lenticular Full Slip: Super Clear 3D Lenticular + Scratch Resistance Coating + Silver Foil + Glossy + Embossing

- Booklet (Full Size)

- Postcards (5ea)

- Character Cards (7ea)

- Envelope

- Full Slip-A:

Scratch Resistance Coating + Glossy + Embossing + Silver Foil

- Booklet (Full Size)

- Postcards (5ea)

- Character Cards (7ea)

- Envelope

- Full Slip B:

Holofoil + Glossy + Embossing + Silver Foil

- Booklet (Full Size)

- Postcards (5ea)

- Character Cards (7ea)

- Envelope

- Lenticular Full Slip:

Super Clear 3D Lenticular + Scratch Resistance Coating + Silver Foil + Glossy + Embossing

- Booklet (Full Size)

- Postcards (5ea)

- Character Cards (7ea)

- Envelope
0AE906A2-B360-4228-B357-015F7BFCB921.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Manta are good at being original in ther approach to different releases. They are quite specific with certain movies i.e. The Revanant, Deadpool 2 Box, now First Man etc in creativity. I applaud them for that as the result definitely lives up to the effort they put in.
Other releases such as the DC line up don't quite touch HDZeta in terms of the final presentation, but they have a decent go at those too.
Variation and creativity in releases is what collecting is all about for me, whether it's difference in artwork or a unique finish, however, I do feel that 'too much' of these sort of results like First Man would make things less special.
Every so often they come along and just looking at the photos and videos amaze.

Tbh, I expect a different kind of fabric for the oc, it doesn't really look like the one used for a space suit (a beta cloth)

My OC should be coming tomorrow and I'm even more excited after seeing those photos. Its above what my expectations were. So cool.

My copy arrived yesterday:

manta_1_a.jpg

What a beautiful slip! Very well done, Manta. :drool:
I'm a little scared to unseal it and take out the steelbook. This one is a scratch magnet for sure, judging by the pics posted in this thread already. And then there's also the bad memory of what happend to my copy of LLL ... still, I'm gonna open it later.

Regarding the sticker: on my copy it is stuck on the polybag ...

manta_3_a.jpg

... and won't come off properly. No biggie for me, but I guess some sealed collectors won't like this.

Cheers

View attachment 436309

I'm a little scared to unseal it and take out the steelbook. This one is a scratch magnet for sure, judging by the pics posted in this thread already. And then there's also the bad memory of what happend to my copy of LLL ... still, I'm gonna open it later.

View attachment 436310

... and won't come off properly. No biggie for me, but I guess some sealed collectors won't like this.

Cheers
Agreed on all counts. And it wasn't just your sticker being stuck to the sleeve, mine too and at least another one in this thread. I hope that's not something they continue doing from here on out. I didn't even try to unpeel mine (too late for you now from the pic). I just cut mine out, through out the sleeve.

• Thanks
Reactions: CleverLoginName
I never bought a 1-click before, because the outer box just did not add enough to make we want to pay for 2 extra lenti slips.

I had the U'Mania edition and was fine with that until I saw the 1-click box. It had the potential to be great. I hoped for something special, like patches glued to a paper slip. They even got the flag right, with the stars facing forward. I did okay for my first 1-click. Congrats to Manta Lab for a stellar edition.

IMG_2166.JPG

Last edited:

View attachment 436309

View attachment 436310

Cheers

Yup, I won't be, for example, as I always remove my copies from that bag. Not a biggie though, but I preferred the sticker to be on the slip itself. Oh well...

• Thanks
Reactions: CleverLoginName
All 3 editions look to be winners IMO, and Manta showing how a one-click should be done as usual. :notworthy:

Received my FSA some days ago and am really pleased with it. Wasn't sure about the steel back art in the mock-up, but it looks a lot better in-hand.

• Thanks
Reactions: Nathan Bateman
Couldn't drag it out of my dead hands. :rofl:

Actually @bluralman, you might have some luck when 'A Star is Born' goes up for pre-order (next week is the latest on that front).

EDIT: or might have to wait for the next release announcement from Manta. Certainly a few will pop up again at Manta at some point.

How's the effect?
Also, is the print run 1000? Unless it was increased to 1400 the print run for this release was changed. It's not 3k but less.
FS A is 800, FS B is also 800.
Final count is up. Lenti ended up being 900, so print run down to 2500 from 3000.

Had something in my mind buzzing me like "they already did that" so I went through my goodies and found this... (sry for the picture but I'm on my mobile).

Attachments

• 15625119785137558004011181350470.jpg
    15625119785137558004011181350470.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 213
Anybody from the group buy got a shipping status update ?
One of mine was handed to hong kong post yesterday. Gonna leave soon i guess :thumbs:
The other has no update since 28th of june, when tracking number was issued.

Last edited: