Flash Gordon - 40th Anniversary (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: August 10, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order will be live May 7 at 3 PM for Red Carpet subscribers and 6 PM for all, UK time)
Price: £29.99
Note: 3 Discs

12564829-8684766520678417.jpg

12564829-1104766521058955.jpg 12564829-6824766520937053.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: GeoRattray
Which 2 discs are Zavvi dropping for this, soundtrack and?
I've pre-ordered for now, but the artwork is better on the collector's edition
CD Soundtrack and very likely the Bonus Disc Life After Flash

Zavvi product description mentions the bonus disc Life After Flash but I think that is a copy and paste error from the collector's edition details

I expect the Bonus disc Life After Flash is only meant to be in the 4K collector's edition

Reactions: davhyl
Yes, definitely an improvement over the original steelbook.

At least it's got the right logo on it, and I like that the poster art is inside at least (outside would have been better). They should have used more of the poster inside though, rather than zooming in so much.

Studiocanal have changed release date to August 10th

Zavvi not yet updated website listing for the steelbook but have done for the other editions

Reactions: djjez83
It seems like all of the interior artwork for the Studiocanal steelbook releases lately are very amateurish or incomplete.

The Fifth Element and Bill & Ted included

I've already got the Mondo steelbook which I like so I've let this go to get the box set with the extra goodies. I put custom interior artwork into my Mondo steelbook years ago when I had a colour printer I think I've actually done a decent job it's better than nothing.
IMG_20200708_173644.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: DMD4k
Has anyone had a dispatch email yet

Payment was taken on July 31st

I asked Zavvi about this yesterday and was told these are in the dispatch stage but there’s a delay at their warehouse... whatever that means.

Their mythical warehouse sounds like a cross between the one at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark and an inter-dimensional wormhole.

Reactions: MrSquifler
I asked Zavvi about this yesterday and was told these are in the dispatch stage but there’s a delay at their warehouse... whatever that means.

Their mythical warehouse sounds like a cross between the one at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark and an inter-dimensional wormhole.
Perhaps they're checking to see if they are covered in scratches like ESB...?

Or perhaps not...

• Haha
Reactions: BDDB