Flash Gordon - 40th Anniversary (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Added to Calendar: 08-03-20, 08-10-20

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Release date: August 10, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order will be live May 7 at 3 PM for Red Carpet subscribers and 6 PM for all, UK time)
Price: £29.99
Note: 3 Discs

12564829-8684766520678417.jpg

12564829-1104766521058955.jpg 12564829-6824766520937053.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: GeoRattray
Feb 22, 2013
UK
On another web forum a member posted photo gloss finish
He did not get a dispatch email but got delivery this morning

It's still listed in his account as awaiting dispatch

Zavvi shipped these without updating customers order status
I received mine this morning as well. Similarly, no dispatch email and status in account listed as "Awaiting Dispatch". Not that I'm complaining - much better then when it says dispatched but then you never receive it!

Nov 5, 2012
Newark, Nottinghamshire
Received mine just now in the post. It is a glossy finish. One problem, though..... typical Zavvi, there is NO:-
  • Bonus Blu-Ray Disc of LIFE AFTER FLASH

This is listed on the steelbook order page as one of the bonus contents, but it is NOT on the disc. A bit gutted about that as I was interested in watching this. Just wondering if it's only available on the big ultimate edition and Zavvi have just copied and pasted the contents onto the steelbook pre-order.

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Received mine just now in the post. It is a glossy finish. One problem, though..... typical Zavvi, there is NO:-
  • Bonus Blu-Ray Disc of LIFE AFTER FLASH

This is listed on the steelbook order page as one of the bonus contents, but it is NOT on the disc. A bit gutted about that as I was interested in watching this. Just wondering if it's only available on the big ultimate edition and Zavvi have just copied and pasted the contents onto the steelbook pre-order.
StudioCanal UK press release for Flash Gordon the Life after Flash bonus disc was only listed for the Limited Edition 5 Disc Collectors Edition

Zavvi just done a copy and paste error for extras from that press release

The USA/Canada Flash Gordon release from Arrow Video the 4K and Blu-ray limited edition releases has the Life after flash Blu-ray disc and even has extras on that disc that is not included with StudioCanal release

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
So shafted in the UK yet again!
Arrow USA 4K and Blu-ray Limited Edition releases do not include the CD soundtrack and not the same booklets and other items that are in StudioCanal UK 5 Disc Collector's Edition release
Arrow release has a different booklet and some artcards and packaged in similar style slipbox

You can see the difference between the releases from the threads below
Note
UK StudioCanal Blu-ray Discs are Region B locked
USA Arrow Video Blu-ray Discs are Region A locked

UK StudioCanal 5 Disc Collector's Edition

USA Arrow Video 4K UHD Limited Edition

USA Arrow Video Blu-ray Limited Edition

Note the Arrow Video Standard editions do not include the Life after Flash Blu-ray disc only the Limited Editions have that disc

• Informative
Reactions: spookz
Nov 5, 2012
Newark, Nottinghamshire
Thank you for that paulboland, but it should still not have been listed as an extra by Zavvi on their website and that is my concern. I care about the product I bought. It is very poor by Zavvi yet again and to whoever (if anyone) proofs their work. And as I said before, constantly shafted in the UK.

Reactions: DADDYCOOL187

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
As expected Zavvi have updated steelbook product description features list

It now has
Bonus Blu-Ray Disc of LIFE AFTER FLASH (this disc in the Collector's Edition 5 disc version only)