Flash Gordon - 40th Anniversary (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: August 10, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order will be live May 7 at 3 PM for Red Carpet subscribers and 6 PM for all, UK time)
Price: £29.99
Note: 3 Discs

12564829-8684766520678417.jpg

12564829-1104766521058955.jpg 12564829-6824766520937053.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: GeoRattray
On another web forum a member posted photo gloss finish
He did not get a dispatch email but got delivery this morning

It's still listed in his account as awaiting dispatch

Zavvi shipped these without updating customers order status

On another web forum a member posted photo gloss finish
He did not get a dispatch email but got delivery this morning

It's still listed in his account as awaiting dispatch

Zavvi shipped these without updating customers order status
I received mine this morning as well. Similarly, no dispatch email and status in account listed as "Awaiting Dispatch". Not that I'm complaining - much better then when it says dispatched but then you never receive it!

Received mine just now in the post. It is a glossy finish. One problem, though..... typical Zavvi, there is NO:-
  • Bonus Blu-Ray Disc of LIFE AFTER FLASH

This is listed on the steelbook order page as one of the bonus contents, but it is NOT on the disc. A bit gutted about that as I was interested in watching this. Just wondering if it's only available on the big ultimate edition and Zavvi have just copied and pasted the contents onto the steelbook pre-order.

Received mine just now in the post. It is a glossy finish. One problem, though..... typical Zavvi, there is NO:-
  • Bonus Blu-Ray Disc of LIFE AFTER FLASH

This is listed on the steelbook order page as one of the bonus contents, but it is NOT on the disc. A bit gutted about that as I was interested in watching this. Just wondering if it's only available on the big ultimate edition and Zavvi have just copied and pasted the contents onto the steelbook pre-order.
StudioCanal UK press release for Flash Gordon the Life after Flash bonus disc was only listed for the Limited Edition 5 Disc Collectors Edition

Zavvi just done a copy and paste error for extras from that press release

The USA/Canada Flash Gordon release from Arrow Video the 4K and Blu-ray limited edition releases has the Life after flash Blu-ray disc and even has extras on that disc that is not included with StudioCanal release

So shafted in the UK yet again!
Arrow USA 4K and Blu-ray Limited Edition releases do not include the CD soundtrack and not the same booklets and other items that are in StudioCanal UK 5 Disc Collector's Edition release
Arrow release has a different booklet and some artcards and packaged in similar style slipbox

You can see the difference between the releases from the threads below
Note
UK StudioCanal Blu-ray Discs are Region B locked
USA Arrow Video Blu-ray Discs are Region A locked

UK StudioCanal 5 Disc Collector's Edition

USA Arrow Video 4K UHD Limited Edition

USA Arrow Video Blu-ray Limited Edition

Note the Arrow Video Standard editions do not include the Life after Flash Blu-ray disc only the Limited Editions have that disc

• Informative
Reactions: spookz
Thank you for that paulboland, but it should still not have been listed as an extra by Zavvi on their website and that is my concern. I care about the product I bought. It is very poor by Zavvi yet again and to whoever (if anyone) proofs their work. And as I said before, constantly shafted in the UK.

Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
As expected Zavvi have updated steelbook product description features list

It now has
Bonus Blu-Ray Disc of LIFE AFTER FLASH (this disc in the Collector's Edition 5 disc version only)