Flash Gordon (Blu-ray SteelBook) [United Kingdom]

snowblood

Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jun 10, 2010
England
flash gordon is being released in uk in a blu-ray steelbook.
30th anniversary special edition,no artwork yet.
on hmv & play.com not on amazon as of yet.
release date aug 23rd

Update:

FlashGordon-1.jpg

£17.99

Link

Last edited by a moderator:
hmv have it listed as steelbook,now with artwork the same as the tin.
not like amazon's artwork.and no site is saying theirs is an exclusive.
who knows whats going on!!!

hmv have it listed as steelbook,now with artwork the same as the tin.
not like amazon's artwork.and no site is saying theirs is an exclusive.
who knows whats going on!!!

Play.com is still listing it as a "tin", but when you click on the listing the picture changes to the one I posted.

just to let you peeps know,the includes queen soundtrack on this steel is a sticker on the wrapping.not printed on the steel.

Got mine last night but had to go to work shortly afterward. When I
got back I took a minute to open it up and I noticed that it said region B but I threw it in anyway and it played without any problems at all. I have a LG-BH200 so I know I
could do the remote trick but there was no need to.

But here they could have pulled alot more out of the Steel if they would have embosseld... without it the steelbook is completly boring (my opion)

John

Got mine last night but had to go to work shortly afterward. When I
got back I took a minute to open it up and I noticed that it said region B but I threw it in anyway and it played without any problems at all. I have a LG-BH200 so I know I
could do the remote trick but there was no need to.

Maybe the LG-BH200 is an all-region player. :wtf:

Can anyone confirm region code for the Flash Gordon UK steel?

Yeah, the LG BH200 is a "region switch capable" player. A remote code allows you to play discs from any region. But if the remote code was not used in this instance, it just means that the disc said (Region B) on the back, as it was released for the UK, but it was not "locked" to Region B, and so it played fine on a Region A player.

Yeah, the LG BH200 is a "region switch capable" player. A remote code allows you to play discs from any region. But if the remote code was not used in this instance, it just means that the disc said (Region B) on the back, as it was released for the UK, but it was not "locked" to Region B, and so it played fine on a Region A player.

Oh I see... thanks for that info dbabe. didn't know there's a so called 'region switch capable' player... I get to learn something new every day. :D

So that means it's not region B locked, that's good news then... thanks! :)

yeah i got it also got the dvd steelbook version us well
love this film awesome soundtrack us well. like a lot of 80s films great soundtracks

Anyone else add this one to their collection?

This was actually my first Blu-ray steelbook :D ; I pre-ordered it and when it turned up I had to have more lol. I can see why some people might think it looks a bit dull, but personally I think it looks very understated and classy and it is one of my favourites, just a pity there is no interior art, though.