Friday The 13th Collection - 40th Anniversary (Deluxe Edition Box Set) (Scream Factory) [USA]

BluSteel2012

Premium Supporter
Jan 4, 2012
Ireland
Release date: October 13, 2020
Purchase links: Shout Factory - Amazon - DiabolikDVD - WowHD
Price: $159.98 (Shout ) - $129.99 (Amazon) - $141.99 (DiabolikDVD) - €111.23 (WowHD)
Notes: Special Offer: Order from ShoutFactory.com and get an EXCLUSIVE 36" x 24" ROLLED LITHOGRAPH PLUS an EXCLUSIVE 24" x 36" ROLLED POSTER (limited to the first 7,000 orders)

Friday the 13th replacement disc program

See info below in spolier

On behalf of everyone at Scream Factory & Shout! Factory, we want to thank everyone who has purchased the Friday the 13th Blu-ray Collection (Deluxe Edition). We hope you are enjoying it. A lot of hard work went into it from many contributors and fans—us included. We think Jason would be pleased (for once!).
Unfortunately, there were some unintended mistakes in our process due to human error, for which we accept responsibility, and we extend to you our genuine apologies. We plan to correct those errors by offering replacements for three discs: Friday the 13th Part 3, Jason Goes to Hell (Uncut version) and Jason X.

How to request replacement discs:
If you would like to sign up to receive the three corrected discs at no cost to you, please go www.discshipment.com
and follow the instructions on the form. Replacement disc fulfillment will be handled by a third party. If you have any questions about the status of your replacement disc shipment once you have completed the form, please email: [email protected]. Shout! Factory customer service will not have any info on the status of your replacement disc order.
  • When filling out your form, please enter “Friday the 13th” in the “What Title Do You Need Replaced” section.
  • When filling out your form, you will need to upload a copy of your proof of purchase (photo or scan of receipt or digital receipt from online retailer).
Discs are expected to be shipped out in November 2020.
Corrected discs will be marked with “R1” on them. They will be shipped in a rigid cardboard mailer and each disc will be placed in individual sleeves to protect them further in transit.
Discs will be sent out globally to those wishing to redeem.

Affected Discs:
  • PART 3 (When viewing in 3D) – First instance of 3D opening credits does not come out of the screen correctly.
  • PART 9: JASON GOES TO HELL (Unrated Cut) – Missing “snapped wrist” gore in an uncut scene.
  • PART 10: JASON X: Missing audio during a scene in the film in which Jason kills camp counselors in a sleeping bag.
Thank you again and, as always, we appreciate your loyal support and patience.
October 15, 2020 in Uncategorized. Tags: friday the 13th

Fri13CollectDE_BR_PS_Slipcase_72dpi.png

Fri13Collect_BD_BeautyShots_WebExclu_72dpi.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazon sent mine twice with DHL - both got held up by DHL with the explanation that "something went wrong with the package in the US, so you'll have to contact the seller". Twice. Contacted Amazon first time around, "we'll ship it with a different courier" - the exact same thing happened. Funnily enough, the replacement package was already in Brussels though, so why they couldn't just deliver it to me, I don't know :/

Now got a second replacement sent to me, hopefully NOT via DHL...

EDIT: aaaaand it's DHL again...
Sigh... So this is just going to go down the same route most probably, where it will end up stuck and not deliverable for some odd reason that nobody actually explains to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Billy Talent
I not open mine yet or checked discs but is there a paper slip on this box that comes off? I take the top of box with mask is part of the box and not something that comes off?
I dont get why it has a lump on it, unless this box is so poorly made that the art on the box is coming away.

I not open mine yet or checked discs but is there a paper slip on this box that comes off? I take the top of box with mask is part of the box and not something that comes off?
I dont get why it has a lump on it, unless this box is so poorly made that the art on the box is coming away.
Yes, there is like a J-Card that is loosely attached to one of the sides of the box.
Is that the one you are referring to?

Attachments

• jason.jpeg
    jason.jpeg
    245.4 KB · Views: 214
Reactions: BluSteel2012
The outer box IS very poorly made.

• Informative
Reactions: hatredhorror
Yes, there is like a J-Card that is loosely attached to one of the sides of the box.
Is that the one you are referring to?
The side one i knew about even though its not unsealed yet its the one on top with mask as seen on your pic mine has a lump as if paper is coming away, there is always something with editions these days if its not packed and arrives with damage its an item that has issues.
The corners of mine are all slighly damaged but its common with this set unless it was packed and wrapped with bubble.
But the lump on top is slighly annoying as if paper has unglued itself if that makes sense it not even on the edge but just in from edge and a random ripple raised lump.

I wouldn't say "poorly made". Sure it is not Asian premium slip quality but it's solid I would say. The print is sharp and the box itself is sturdy. At one spot I have some glue residue that I tried to remove with some alcohol but that did not to the trick.
110€ is not cheap but considering you get all the movies in one box plus partially new remasters, I think it's fair.
I think the box will be around at least until Christmas. Maybe it will drop a little in price. If you don't need it, you can wait and gamble.

Thats what I said!

was gonna order from wowHD because everyone kept hyping it up but after seeing all the complaints on reddit and HDN I think I am gonna pass on this untill someday they gonna release a better box set.
You won't get a better box set than this.

Maybe I was a bit harsh. The box isn't very poor, but not as sturdy as some slipboxes as Masta Norris mentioned.

Mine arrived perfectly, but can see how it could get damaged easily. Can't wait to start checking this out.......

Reactions: hatredhorror
The mediabook set is the best set put inside the wooden box. Or the cardboard case which was sturdy.
I would have loved the tin version but missed out on that and goes for silly prices.
A guy sold one locally sealed new on bay for silly cheap price and i only just missed it by mins.
I said that was cheap he said he was not greedy.
Someone was there right time to buy and got lucky.

There's an aligning issue, the 3D credits don't come out as far as they're supposed to.

Mine just dropped in the door, snug in a box with one air bag beside it. Glorious.
I had a look at the 3D disc and I honestly cannot see anything wrong with it.

Maybe the credits don't come out as far, but I wouldn't have known by looking at it. Who figured this out? Did somebody get down on their knees with a ruler?

Certainly not worth the hassle or re-pressing whole discs for as it doesn't affect the movie at all.

Reactions: Strangerbyday
Amazon sent mine twice with DHL - both got held up by DHL with the explanation that "something went wrong with the package in the US, so you'll have to contact the seller". Twice. Contacted Amazon first time around, "we'll ship it with a different courier" - the exact same thing happened. Funnily enough, the replacement package was already in Brussels though, so why they couldn't just deliver it to me, I don't know :/

Now got a second replacement sent to me, hopefully NOT via DHL...

EDIT: aaaaand it's DHL again...
Sigh... So this is just going to go down the same route most probably, where it will end up stuck and not deliverable for some odd reason that nobody actually explains to me.

Wow. I live in Brussels and never heard that kind of story... at least for this kind of content. Pretty crap. :(
Let me know what the reason/outcome is !

You won't get a better box set than this.

Maybe I was a bit harsh. The box isn't very poor, but not as sturdy as some slipboxes as Masta Norris mentioned.

Mine arrived perfectly, but can see how it could get damaged easily. Can't wait to start checking this out.......

Why wouldn't we get a better box than this ?

Are you talking about the box set or just the box?

Yes, the actual box could be better quality. But nobody else releases collectors sets like Scream Factory.

I'm talking everyrhing, box and content.
Im curious how many people really do watch the extras (i sometimes so, but not always) how many of these extras are exclusive to this release ?
Cause other than that i can't see what's so special about it.

I'm talking everyrhing, box and content.
Im curious how many people really do watch the extras (i sometimes so, but not always) how many of these extras are exclusive to this release ?
Cause other than that i can't see what's so special about it.
Seriously? All films bar 2 have been remastered especially for the set. Part 3 has been converted to real 3D. Again, that won't be available anywhere else outside of this set.

The nightmare alone to secure rights from different studios/distributors etc....to bring all these different movies together.

This would never happen in the UK for example.