Frozen (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive Lenticular Edition) [UK]

Mar 7, 2014
Tatooine
Release date: December 23, 2016
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £24.99

11369758-5534436648615079.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I probably be getting this as a Xmas present for the Kids. Disney marketing perfect eh lol. They aren't allowed to touch the blufans one haha.

Reactions: Flloydo
I do have the aamray. Because kids can have collectible items as well, not just for adults.

I was meant to put in that message "or are you considering a collection for your kids?"

Nothing wrong with that.

If I had kids my collection would be going to them some day anyway, and like my mum did for me and my sis when we were kids she tried to collect as many of VHS films she could for us.

Reactions: sunnyx
I was meant to put in that message "or are you considering a collection for your kids?"

Nothing wrong with that.

If I had kids my collection would be going to them some day anyway, and like my mum did for me and my sis when we were kids she tried to collect as many of VHS films she could for us.

Well they got all the Frozen sh it you can imagine lol. I say sh it because it costs me a fortune lol. They got the dresses, the books, the toys, the aamray and zavvi edition (meant the WWA because they sent me a damaged one and went OOS) the cutlery, the frozen nail varnish and probably the toothpaste if they see it in the shop. All the disney movies I buy are mostly for the kids. I've got a bottom row of my steelbook shelf all lined up for Disney animated cartoons for them to pick from so they don't have to keep pointing above where they can't reach lol. When they get older they can have them in their room.

Now you can see how the marketing of Disney have suckered me in lol. I don't think the market is purely for collectors like us that examine each release. Most of the previous original Disney wave weren't much more than the aamray when you can grab a bargain so it was easier to buy the steelbook than a plastic case. Some of the Zavvi wave are a bit crap like the ones you mentioned, but the kids want them. The target audience is more for a friendly family environment that are not going to examine each steel in a collectible sense. That's what premium steels are there for!

All the disney movies I buy are mostly for the kids. I've got a bottom row of my steelbook shelf all lined up for Disney animated cartoons for them to pick from so they don't have to keep pointing above where they can't reach lol.

See I do the same, I buy most of the Disney for the kids, but I keep them well out of reach! They can point, and I'll get them out. They can't touch them until they are at least 16!:rofl:

• Thanks
Well they got all the Frozen sh it you can imagine lol. I say sh it because it costs me a fortune lol. They got the dresses, the books, the toys, the aamray and zavvi edition (meant the WWA because they sent me a damaged one and went OOS) the cutlery, the frozen nail varnish and probably the toothpaste if they see it in the shop. All the disney movies I buy are mostly for the kids. I've got a bottom row of my steelbook shelf all lined up for Disney animated cartoons for them to pick from so they don't have to keep pointing above where they can't reach lol. When they get older they can have them in their room.

Now you can see how the marketing of Disney have suckered me in lol. I don't think the market is purely for collectors like us that examine each release. Most of the previous original Disney wave weren't much more than the aamray when you can grab a bargain so it was easier to buy the steelbook than a plastic case. Some of the Zavvi wave are a bit crap like the ones you mentioned, but the kids want them. The target audience is more for a friendly family environment that are not going to examine each steel in a collectible sense. That's what premium steels are there for!

Is that you in the picture on the train on the last page? Lol

Crazy amount of frozen but yeah I've seen simular things with mates children and in general. It's like Beatles mania for kids!

Oh yeah you will get normal non collectors picking up titles whilst doing their online Christmas shopping when looking on zavvi for stocking fillers and also Hmv is doing really well since being taken over a few years back and they sell loads to collectors and non collectors. People love going back into a entertainment shop now too which I like and the Last time I worked in Hmv I had loads buying steels that knew nothing about the collecting side or the forums. I always mentioned HDN so hopefully there's someone I love directed here lol

I also imagine that's why we see some decent steels and grails in cex becasue of non collectors and such

23 December... Bit risky buying this for Christmas delivery / present

That's what I thought

Only zavvi would send items out 2 days before Christmas (they will most likely send it a few days earlier anyway or there will be a delay)

I get worried when Asian retailers send stuff around this time lol

Will be in for this one as Frozen is a big family favourite, although my now 13yo daughter does not think it is cool at the moment, she will come back to it later.
Do we know when it is going live?

Title on the spine thats great! I will replace my wwa steel with it, just need to throw the ugly lenti magnet in the trash and it's perfect.

In terms of value of money and return of investment, I think the Zavvi Disney Steels are a safe bet than the rest no matter how premium they are.

Having said that, I don't like Disney doing matte finishes. If these were glossy with a good lenticular magnet these will be selling like hotcakes.

Aladdin and Pinocchio have a lovely finish. Would be perfect to keep to make them like this. Maleficient was another. I agree with everyone glossy is the way to go for Disney's. I wonder how much time and cost it would take to add gloss coating on over matte finish?

Last edited:
Aladdin and Pinocchio have a lovely finish. Would be perfect to keep to make them like this. Maleficient was another. I agree with everyone glossy is the way to go for Disney's. I wonder how much time and cost it would take to add gloss coating on over matte finish?

Apparently the cost is minimal

I got into a heated discussion about it last year with that Zbox Twitter guy who for some reason seemed to be running the show with the marvel lentis and the cost to add gloss is minimal

They went with the creative choices of matte because of a. They thought it complemented the steel and b. The lenti magnet works better with matte and creates less scratches and damage

I said to him/her that gloss would still be fine. I was testing it and putting the life of pi magnet on other glossy steels and it seemed fine. Didn't scratch etc but in the shipping process to them and to us some magnets do move about under the cellophane and I think that's how the magnets can scratch the steels