Galaxy Quest (20th Anniversary) (Blu-ray SteelBook) [USA]

frankfish44

Cule
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Oct 1, 2012
Pennsylvania
Release date: September 17, 2019 - July 12, 2022 (Re-release)
Purchase links: Amazon - Best Buy
Price: $14.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

1562880014045.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
For $20 that is a perfect SteelBook. Even if it turns out not to be glossed or bossed and doesn't have a 4K disc there isn't anything to complain about here.

For $20 that is a perfect SteelBook. Even if it turns out not to be glossed or bossed and doesn't have a 4K disc there isn't anything to complain about here.
I hope with those vibrant colors they gloss it. I wouldn’t be upset about bossing, but that NEEDS gloss to really make those colors pop

• Thanks
Reactions: Grendel and milky
Bit of a culture shock to see a blonde Sigourney but undeniably she looks great with it . . . even though she remind me a bit of our own Samantha Fox:-
1563018681284.png
/
1563019946697.png

Not much wrong with that mock-up and the 20th Anniversary blue disc is interesting especially as the 10th Anniversary was matte grey in the US and shiny silver in the ROW previously (UK same as this one from Australia) ...
1563023014348.png
/
1563024315565.png

... so maybe there's more to it . . . maybe includes the made for TV documentary Galaxy Quest: 20th Anniversary Special ?

As for the plain one colour disc: maybe either of these would have been more attractive:-
1563024518093.png
1563025025868.png
1563025085888.png

• Thanks
Reactions: Grendel
I think one could even get away with using that back steel plate for a GOTG steel custom. haha. I mean its also pretty close to looking like the milano, if you dont get too technical and all. ha.

I think one could even get away with using that back steel plate for a GOTG steel custom. haha. I mean its also pretty close to looking like the milano, if you dont get too technical and all. ha.

Any idea if this is a WEA release? Got a lot of people asking ;)

Well, imho, WEA or WWA is less of a concern than the fact the original Blu's quality left much to be desired.
I doubt very much that Paramount cares though, so this will be same disc, different clothes.
Sad to think of that...:grumpy:

Well, imho, WEA or WWA is less of a concern than the fact the original Blu's quality left much to be desired.
I doubt very much that Paramount cares though, so this will be same disc, different clothes.
Sad to think of that...:grumpy:

Good to know. Guess I’ll wait for a 4k release (assuming that ever happens).

• Thanks
Reactions: Grendel
Not met anyone yet who didn't like this film ...

View attachment 437990
At least if there's one or more 20th Anniversary Special Features (in HD) the SF rating should go up by a star at least . . . a Commentary Track would also be most welcome.
It's one of those films that you can watch over and over.