Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: 26 October, 2015
Purchase links:
Amazon UK
Zavvi
Price: £15.99 17.99 (Zavvi) - £16.99 22.99 (Amazon)

91G5RiD46qL._SX466_.jpg

- Episodic Previews & Recaps
- Making of Game of Thrones
- Character Profiles
- Creating the Dothraki Language
- Inside the Night's Watch
- From the Book to the Screen
- Histories
- Creating the Show Open
- Cast Audition Tapes
- Anatomy of Episode 6 "A Golden Crown"
- Guide to Westeros
- 7 Audio Commentaries

Best price so far on these (I think) is at the moment at Zavvi - GBP 14.39 each (GBP 15.99 with GOT10 10% off code) making a grand total of GBP 28.78 for both - about the price of one of these from Amazon at the time of writing.
In my basket but not entirely convinced I want to go all the way - feel there's a bit more to go on the downside and still hoping for GBP 12.99 . . .
ouch - yeah just seen they are £28 on amazon. I can see series 3 - 5 being this expensive when they are released for the first time (if?!)

1) people will own series 1-2 so will want to complete the set = willing to pay a bit extra
2) the series are more recent and thus will be more expensive as usual

Yes, for sure.
Seen pics of the Seasons 3 & 4 steelbooks so they are coming sooner rather than later . . .
As usual, it will be a question of waiting it out for these to reach the current best price for Seasons 1 & 2 which may be a matter of 6 months or 6 weeks or indeed any time in between.

EDIT 23/4/16:
Speak of the Devil - both seasons 3 & 4 steelbooks now up for pre-order at Amazon for GBP 22.99 each and at Zavvi for GBP 23.99.
Due for release on the 6th June 2016

Last edited:
Best price so far on these (I think) is at the moment at Zavvi - GBP 14.39 each (GBP 15.99 with GOT10 10% off code) making a grand total of GBP 28.78 for both - about the price of one of these from Amazon at the time of writing.
In my basket but not entirely convinced I want to go all the way - feel there's a bit more to go on the downside and still hoping for GBP 12.99 . . .
i pre ordered this from Amazon Italy before they changed the release day and they had a 10 euros discount at that time...so i have those for 25 euros each....including shipping! :)

Any word on how Zavvi package this?
As Zavvi sends jumbo steelbooks in bubble envelopes, I'd imagine that these will be packaged the same, as they won't fit in their regular white cardboard steelbook shipping boxes.

After receiving two damaged jumbo steelbooks, I don't order them from Zavvi anymore, no matter how cheap the price would be.

• Informative
Reactions: MrBMT
Can someone please confirm whether these Game of Throne Steelbook releases are Region Free or not? It is by Warner so does that make them Region Free?

Can someone please confirm whether these Game of Throne Steelbook releases are Region Free or not? It is by Warner so does that make them Region Free?
Indeed they are region-free. Warner's policy is to not use region coding with their Blu-ray releases.

Reactions: DannyDXC