Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: 26 October, 2015
Purchase links:
Amazon UK
Zavvi
Price: £15.99 17.99 (Zavvi) - £16.99 22.99 (Amazon)

91G5RiD46qL._SX466_.jpg

- Episodic Previews & Recaps
- Making of Game of Thrones
- Character Profiles
- Creating the Dothraki Language
- Inside the Night's Watch
- From the Book to the Screen
- Histories
- Creating the Show Open
- Cast Audition Tapes
- Anatomy of Episode 6 "A Golden Crown"
- Guide to Westeros
- 7 Audio Commentaries

ye I got my two on BF deals at £15.99, I like them the clear case n stuff it's all good, I'm disappointed about the delay of season 3 & 4 though that's just stupid if they stuck to January they'd make some money esp after everyone just buying 1&2 but to delay it until june approaching holiday time not to mention all the other releases that will take priority over these, and won't we also have civil war at the cinema around that time?
Bad time to release steelbooks unless there huge titles and most are not.
They should have stuck to January sure its just after xmas but people have xmas funds there buying on ebay I've sold a bunch of stuff over the last 10 days, jan sales are on sure but people just got steels for xmas just opened season 1&2 it would have been perfect for then, but now that's screwed up, they're really not doing themselves any favours.

I'm not sure going to watch a film at the cinema will affect sales of these but agree with the rest of what you said

I was expecting these to be Feb time possibly March

I'm not sure going to watch a film at the cinema will affect sales of these but agree with the rest of what you said

I was expecting these to be Feb time possibly March

I was thinking more on the money side of things, it's expensive to go to the cinema, tickets, food, travel, etc. my point being spend the money to see the latest movie at the cinema or buy GOT steelbook.
It all adds up and we can't have everything so it's like well, bills, food, and do I go out this weekend, do I go to the cinema or do I buy in some blu-ray's, some will choose to skip the cinema as it's so expensive but the big films like star wars or marvel stuff will pull them in forcing people to spend money that they don't have.
I have all GOT on regular release and I don't usually go to the cinema due to cost but if it was down to a choice then the cinema would win over re releases of a season or two I already own regardless of it's steelbook form or new atmos audio, and unless it was around the £15 each mark I'm not in a hurry to buy them, certainly not £25-£30 to own the same discs in different packaging, but just my opinion, they should already know all this but they just keep shooting themselves in the foot then look at the sale numbers and wonder why?

i wonder if they will lose their exclusivity at some point
Maybe, there appears to be little info pushing these no hype or real advertisement add to which no real handling or management, I mean they had it right release 1 &2 before xmas and 3&4 in January they nailed it but now, and for what, I mean come on it's the same discs with atmos added nothing else, sure it would be nice if the magnets were better and the outer plastic had rating stickers rather than print and even IF they decided to make those changes that doesn't make a 5 month delay, now if they stick to the june release which imo is a bad idea (jan/feb) and the magnets are of the same quality and the plastic cases are the same then people will be asking why the delay?, if it's amazon holding things up which I doubt, unless the investigation into the product that they did based on customer complaints raised concerns and they then went back to WB and Said something, maybe, but any other issue with amazon then they (WB) could easily just ship it to all retailers, especially given how many not so LTD copies they have clearly printed of these.
Again the word limited used to sell items but clearly it has lost all meaning now, especially when it comes to steelbooks, they just flood the market, which Is why I don't collect any more, I only bought these cause I had the £££ I thought they looked nice, had the plastic sleeve and magnet, and the atmos sound is nice too.

ye I got my two on BF deals at £15.99, I like them the clear case n stuff it's all good, I'm disappointed about the delay of season 3 & 4 though that's just stupid if they stuck to January they'd make some money esp after everyone just buying 1&2 but to delay it until june approaching holiday time not to mention all the other releases that will take priority over these, and won't we also have civil war at the cinema around that time?
Bad time to release steelbooks unless there huge titles and most are not.
They should have stuck to January sure its just after xmas but people have xmas funds there buying on ebay I've sold a bunch of stuff over the last 10 days, jan sales are on sure but people just got steels for xmas just opened season 1&2 it would have been perfect for then, but now that's screwed up, they're really not doing themselves any favours.
Sorry if it's been discussed elsewhere - but how do we know season 3 and 4 are coming out then?

i think it is, but it doesn't say it anywhere on the picture.

Cool, I know we will get them anyway but it's just good to see some confirmation.
I'm hoping they don't hike the price up when they finally go up for pre order.
Spines should start to look good joined up after the next 2

Both at their lowest non-sale prices at the time of writing:-
GAME OF THRONES: SEASON ONE @GBP 19.10
GAME OF THRONES: SEASON TWO @GBP 18.87
Hopefully SEASONS THREE AND FOUR U.K. steels will appear around the time of the Italian steels on the 15/6/16.
SEASON FIVE steelbook ? (Amaray 14/3/16)
SEASON SIX steelbook (and Amaray) at a date TBA ? Maybe a while though as filming has just finished last month and TV transmission is not due until the 24th April 2016 to the 26th June.
No word on further seasons.

• Informative
Reactions: SteelbookGenius666
Just had an email to say this & season 2 are available at zavvi for £16.99 each!

Is this perhaps a sign that the seasons 3,4,5 etc steelbooks will be zavvi exclusives?

Yes, excellent news that they're no longer Amazon exclusives, and though the price is the same for both of these smart steelbooks at both retailers ATM there's a better chance now that these will be priced @GBP 12.99 each at some point in the not too distant future.

Just had an email to say this & season 2 are available at zavvi for £16.99 each!

Is this perhaps a sign that the seasons 3,4,5 etc steelbooks will be zavvi exclusives?
Hard to say yet, it may just be that Amazon had exclusivity on these for a set period of time and that has run out now.