Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release Date : October 26, 2015
Purchase Link:
Amazon UK
Price: £22.99 (£14.99) (Original Release Date Price was £22.99)
Zavvi
Price: £17.99 (£15.99)

816z4uOCRhL__SL1500_.jpg

- Season 1 Recap
- Episodic Previews & Recaps
- Featurettes
- Dragon Eggs
- Game of Thrones: Inner Circle
- The Religions of Westeros
- Character Profiles
- Guide to Westeros
- War of the Five Kings
- 12 Episode Commentaries

Last edited:
i just love that some of us dont bother to read a few post above! lol when in the same page Wreck said twice he will look at it...lol
I've asked a pic of the new holding system, not a pic of these steelbooks. I just love when some of us are unable to understand what other people write... lol

I've asked a pic of the new holding system, not a pic of these steelbooks. I just love when some of us are unable to understand what other people write... lol
Same difference. It's not like Wreck would already get this exact release photographed anyway.
OT: really hope the other 2 seasons will get announced for the UK as well. With this price I don't mind double dipping once the entire series has been released.

What's the deal with the magnet? Will it be thin like a lenti or will it be thick and stick out, causing the clear slip to be much thicker? Cause I gotta be honest, that sounds horrible

What's the deal with the magnet? Will it be thin like a lenti or will it be thick and stick out, causing the clear slip to be much thicker? Cause I gotta be honest, that sounds horrible
Chances are they'll be something (or exactly) like these but you'll only get one. How it'll be packaged is anyone's guess.

Ok guys ... Here is how they can now put 5 or 6 disc in a g2 regular case now. (heard it first at HDN ;) )
Simple but effective. And if you don't like, then I want to see your support in Jumbo threads. :p
I'd definitely rather have it that way than a jumbo! Thanks for the info @Wreck :)

Reactions: tono06
So, discs stacked on top of discs? Will there be spaces in between? Any risk of scratching?

After all these years of collecting disc-based media, I've never seen discs held this way.

Ok guys ... Here is how they can now put 5 or 6 disc in a g2 regular case now. (heard it first at HDN ;) )

Simple but effective. And if you don't like, then I want to see your support in Jumbo threads. :p

img_2575-jpg.175605

img_2576-jpg.175606
@Wreck
Thanks for the photos showing the inside and disc holder

I gather for 6 discs its 3 either side
For 5 it would be 3 on one side and 2 on the other

Only concern I would have with this is risk of discs getting marked especially if loose during transit
Do you know if these have been tested to see if damage happens and also with regular removing and replacing of the discs on the disc clips

Blu-ray Discs have the anti scratch layer. Honestly I've never had a problem with getting or playing discs with surface scratches. Now my 2 year old son on the other hand, that boy can demolish discs!

I have seen some editions like this before. I believe it was Disney 3d slip versions here in USA. They work fine. I think this is great news. Also means people can convert their jumbos with these inlays if they felt froggy enough.

So, discs stacked on top of discs? Will there be spaces in between? Any risk of scratching?
After all these years of collecting disc-based media, I've never seen discs held this way.
I've definitely seen it done this way before for some PC games, and never had any issues with it in the past.

Reactions: stevethos
Blu-ray Discs have the anti scratch layer. Honestly I've never had a problem with getting or playing discs with surface scratches. Now my 2 year old son on the other hand, that boy can demolish discs!

I have seen some editions like this before. I believe it was Disney 3d slip versions here in USA. They work fine. I think this is great news. Also means people can convert their jumbos with these inlays if they felt froggy enough.
Thanks for the info
I hope you keep your Steelbooks and Box sets in a safe place so your son cant give you a bad surprise or is that to late and already happened :LOL:

I agree its better option than a jumbo except if you have previous releases that are a jumbo and another release of same series not end up matching because its a G2 and not a jumbo then on a shelf they wont line looking right

I'm looking forward to seeing how these look in the flesh

I mentioned this in the other thrones s1 thread, I've seen this a few times with dvd and my x men animated series are like this. No problem at all.
Can't believe this has not been done before for jumbos to make them normal sized.

Thanks for the info
I hope you keep your Steelbooks and Box sets in a safe place so your son cant give you a bad surprise or is that to late and already happened :LOL:

I agree its better option than a jumbo except if you have previous releases that are a jumbo and another release of same series not end up matching because its a G2 and not a jumbo then on a shelf they wont line looking right

I'm looking forward to seeing how these look in the flesh
Walking Dead, Hobbit, LOTR... Even with this new method, I'd rather these series were finished with jumbos.

Unpopular opinion, I'll bet.