Gary aka BURRAGUM

Naughtius Maximus

Premium Supporter
Oct 30, 2011
Fellow Ninjas,

It is with sad regret to announce that one of our members - BURRAGUM - who had been suffering with a heart condition passed away around early December. He was 55 years old.

I've only announced this now as i was waiting for some info from his daughter & son regarding where we can donate to a good cause close to Gary. As they're still getting over this shock i'm still waiting to hear from them - Once i find this out I will update the thread.

Lastly his son and daughter mentioned that they were aware of how much HDN meant to their dad and they proved this by trying to complete trades/sales that had been arranged whilst their dad was in hospital. It just goes to show what a top bloke he was.

RIP my friend. :(

Last edited:
I didn't know nor trade with Gary / Burragum, but from all the well wishes here, I am certain he was a fantastic person. My condolences to his family and friends.

This is really shockingly sad news and a great loss indeed to all of us who have had contact with Gary. A genuinely great & down-to-earth person. Rest in peace my friend, you will truly be missed ;(

I wish to extend my heartfelt condolences to Gary's family & friends, may god give them courage & patience.

RIP Gary ..... The King of Lenticulars! May all your dreams and wishes come true in Heaven!

I never got to know Gary personally, but I always read his posts around here and thought he seemed like a good guy. My condolences to his family. R.I.P.

I am deeply saddened to learn this. I suspected something was not quite right end of last year, as I got a PM from his account end November (I think) and it was his daughter who wrote to me, as he was supposed to pass me some steels, and she said he was in hospital. I then took upon myself to send him a gift, and knowing he was in the lenticular phase, I sent him a TH lenticular, and told his daughter to surprise him at the hospital. That was my last contact with him...

Gary was a top bloke, and a fantastic friend, and in some ways, he was to me an equivalent of a pen pal from Australia which I never had. We PM-ed each other often and spoke about steelbooks, as well as our respective lives. I know from him that he was excited about his new house, and I shared my own excitement about my new place too.

He was one of the first guys I traded with; he passed me some AUS steels and slipcases, all at cost, and I reciprocated. And he extended his trust by sending his steels to me at the same time as I did, even though I had very few feedback.

He gave me his own and only copy of Senna AUS steelbook box-set at cost, I refused to take it. He sent it anyway, and said he is sure he will find it back at some obscure store somewhere.

He PM-ed me with words of encouragement when I ran the Avengers SG GB when I was still new to HDN, and told me to keep it up, and I was doing a great job (even if I wasn't).

He was never afraid to speak his mind, honest to himself, to others, and to his viewpoints, and he spoke up over many things on HDN. He may have rubbed a few people the wrong way with his directness, but he made many other friends in doing so, deservedly so.

Gary, rest in peace, my dear friend. My heart goes out to your family members and loved ones. I trust you are in heaven, where not only the roads are paved with gold, but as I always said, the steelbooks are also made in gold.

I will miss you, mate.

Last edited:
I didn't know him but from what I read he was really dedicated to what he was doing and I like people who commit to a thing with everything they can give. My deepest respect for him and hopefully his family has enough strength to go through these hard times