Get Fit

Glen-BoB

Grampie Blu-Clan
Jan 28, 2009
Dartmouth, NS, CaNaDa
Since I quit smoking I've turned into quite the buttermonster so I've decided to jump back on the old elliptical machine. For motivation I wen out and bought a 22" LCD and a blu-ray player. Loving my new set up and started back at it tonight. Anyone else on here feelin fat?

ce2fc9b5-267c-9fad.jpg

yes, i want to get back into shape, but my lifestlye doesn't work with it right now. I have no set schedule at all.

Good luck with the smoking and the exercise. I still smoke both, after 17 years, but nowhere near the amounts i used to. I still don't even smoke a pack a day, unless it's in the summertime, and i've been at work for 11 hours of more. I quit smoking a few years ago, for like 4 months. My urges had gone away completely. I decided i wanted to bum a smoke off of someone, just to see if i missed it, and i did, so i started back up. As for the elliptical, we have one, but i can't stand it. I get a ton of exercise from march to early december, working at a golf course, so i don't mind the late december to mid march of pretty much no exercise.

I don't particularly focus on my diet as I feel like I'm at a good weight (roughly 150 pounds @ 5'7")

However, I've been going to the gym 3 times a week for 2 hours/day since September, and I can definitely see my muscle tone and strength improving.

I was... let`s call it weak, when I started as I could only bench-press the bar (45 pounds), but now I can do 3 sets of 10 reps at 135 pounds :) (one 45 pound plate on each side + bar)

Maybe one day I will be jacked :cool:

Been working out for a few weeks now. Hot weather is finally here so it's there's no excuse.

Exactly. When the weather starts getting a little warmer, that's when I start working out harder.

---------- Post added at 08:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 AM ----------

I don't particularly focus on my diet as I feel like I'm at a good weight (roughly 150 pounds @ 5'7")

However, I've been going to the gym 3 times a week for 2 hours/day since September, and I can definitely see my muscle tone and strength improving.

I was... let`s call it weak, when I started as I could only bench-press the bar (45 pounds), but now I can do 3 sets of 10 reps at 135 pounds :) (one 45 pound plate on each side + bar)

Maybe one day I will be jacked :cool:

I've got a workout you can try if you like. You gotta have alot of mental intensity and mental endurance for this one though.

I suggest any of the muscle confusion programs. They work great plus you can do them at your own time at home. No more driving to the gym and waiting for people to finish using the weights or machines you need to use.
Insanity or P90x

I suggest any of the muscle confusion programs. They work great plus you can do them at your own time at home. No more driving to the gym and waiting for people to finish using the weights or machines you need to use.
Insanity or P90x

These are very good for homebodies too. I don't live near a gym anymore but I always liked the social aspect of going to a gym. I have no choice but to work out in my garage or do P90x.

I run 50 miles most weeks mix it i with long runs interval training speed runs and a recovery run go the gym three times a week work upperbody and core always trying to beat my best time on a marathon

Hi,

i am currently taking part in a contest on facebook where i can win some whey protein, shaker & training booster. The before/after picture with the most "likes" will win. Yesterday was the last day you could enter and now there is a week where you can still vote aka click "like".

I would really appreciate if everyone who has a facebook account would click like on the following link:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...19915580.77900.116726865083491&type=1&theater

For everyone who doesn't have a facebook account or simply wanna see my before/after picture. Here it is:

Vorher_Nachher_1_1.jpg

Thanks and have a nice weekend

Tim aka DSRW1988

Hi,

i am currently taking part in a contest on facebook where i can win some whey protein, shaker & training booster. The before/after picture with the most "likes" will win. Yesterday was the last day you could enter and now there is a week where you can still vote aka click "like".

I would really appreciate if everyone who has a facebook account would click like on the following link:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...19915580.77900.116726865083491&type=1&theater

For everyone who doesn't have a facebook account or simply wanna see my before/after picture. Here it is:

Vorher_Nachher_1_1.jpg

Thanks and have a nice weekend

Tim aka DSRW1988

That's awesome Tim. Great job.

I recently joined the navy and used to hate running but now I'm really into it. My best mile and a half time is 9'44". When i started basic training in may my mile and a half was 13'59". So im coming along nicely!!!
I'm working really hard to get down to 9' flat.
Keep up the good work bro.
And to everyone else, get out there and run. There's nothing like the feeling of dropping your run time.