Scanner Ninja
Contributor
Premium Supporter
May 15, 2013
GA
Release date: TBA
Purchase link: Walmart
Price: $29.96

Ghostbusters-Frozen-Empire-Steelbook-Walmart-Exclusive-Blu-Ray-DVD-Digital-Copy.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you know if the UK 4K steelbook will also be glossy or will it be matte? I suppose I could buy the Walmart one then replace the DVD with a 4K disc. I like this one more than the US 4K steelbook.
I'm guessing it will be the same finish worldwide (going by Sonys track record) but we won't know for sure until release date for UK.

Reactions: MM3
I'm guessing it will be the same finish worldwide (going by Sonys track record) but we won't know for sure until release date for UK.
I was only wondering because the image used by Zavvi looks more dull, which made me think that it was matte with a metallic effect. I remember some people saying in this forum how the image sometimes says something about the finish, but there might not be any truth to it.

I was only wondering because the image used by Zavvi looks more dull, which made me think that it was matte with a metallic effect. I remember some people saying in this forum how the image sometimes says something about the finish, but there might not be any truth to it.
Going by previous Ghostbusters movie steelbooks, there was no difference in finishes worldwide as far as I can remember.

Mockup has absolutely no reflection on the finish, so I wouldn't put in any stock in that thought at all if I were you. US and ROW finishes are notoriously varied, so we won't know anything for sure until it's in hand, or scanavo post about a non US release.

Sony have gone very mondo esque with this one. A single art piece on the front, then using cropped in sections of that single piece for the rear ans interior. Back image here is wasted, it's probably the most boring section of the art. Interior works ok.

Sony have gone very mondo esque with this one. A single art piece on the front, then using cropped in sections of that single piece for the rear ans interior. Back image here is wasted, it's probably the most boring section of the art. Interior works ok.
Somehow didn't notice that. Will likely just get the US 4K steelbook even though the interior of that one is redundant.

Somehow didn't notice that. Will likely just get the US 4K steelbook even though the interior of that one is redundant.
Agree, and same here. At least it's not just one basic colour like the vast majority of sony steels though..