Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
UK
Release date: January 31, 2022
Purchase links: Amazon UK - HMV - Zavvi
Price: £149.99
Notes: Ghostbusters (1984) - Ghostbusters II (1989) - Ghostbusters Afterlife (2021) 8 discs (3 x 4K UHD - 3 x Blu-ray - 2 x Bonus discs)

GB4k.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
159 Canadian is 99 US... joking... not really. Well, it's £90 or €110, still a lot cheaper, if they shipped it ANYWHERE (I've tried my US, UK, German, Korean and Russian addresses).

I know their is a lot of extras but when you look at it you can get the first 2 ghostbuster 4k together in a set for £25 and afterlife 4k for £25 from amazon
so you paying £100 for the box a book and a couple of extra disks
I love ghostbusters but just cant justify the costs to what you get

One could overpay on eBay for a Canadian set, and even with shipping get it cheaper, than current UK price...

Making Ghostbusters 200 page book from 1985 if you found new sealed would cost you more than this release
Even pre owned used copies of that book sells for high prices £70 to £150
That book has been sold for for years

Sony arranged a reprint of that 1985 book for this release and is why the price is high for this limited edition

Reactions: Coolsambob
Making Ghostbusters 200 page book from 1985 if you found new sealed would cost you more than this release
Even pre owned used copies of that book sells for high prices £70 to £150
That book has been sold for for years

Sony arranged a reprint of that 1985 book for this release and is why the price is high for this limited edition

Surely reprints of a rare book shouldn't be anywhere near as valuable as the original though?

Reactions: PixarAnimated
Total Rip-Off, Sony taking the absolute P:LOL:ss.

And I believe the light up feature isn't included either, the mock up pics don't show it, unlike the other much cheaper overseas versions.

Why do some people try and make excuses for these rip-off UK prices ?

Where did you hear that?
I heard it from someone on YouTube. He says you can see that it’s been photoshopped out.
That’s all he said and said that the cases of the blurays are different.

I hope it’s not true as I’ll be sending back and try and get my hands on a US version.

I've not heard that, but the promo pics for UK sites don't show lights.

Imagine if we get shafted on price and quality of the set.
I just heard it from someone on YouTube. I did ask the same as I was not aware. He just said because if the photoshopped lights out.
I’ve just got a funny feeling he is right.

Unbelievable, not even its own promo shot?

Part of me really wants this, but I can't pay £150 for it. I'll just hope it steeply drops in price.
Im in the same boat, I really want the special features and the book but £150 is way too tough for this release especially when every other country is getting it way cheaper and our set will be missing features, Its a piss take on SONY UK’s part to be honest.

It won't be known in regards if lights exist with UK and other countries releases until someone gets delivery

Never go by mock up images