Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
UK
Release date: January 31, 2022
Purchase links: Amazon UK - HMV - Zavvi
Price: £149.99
Notes: Ghostbusters (1984) - Ghostbusters II (1989) - Ghostbusters Afterlife (2021) 8 discs (3 x 4K UHD - 3 x Blu-ray - 2 x Bonus discs)

GB4k.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
Pre-order Ghostbusters Ultimate Collection now and save 33% off! - Ghostbusters News

States in this link that "and everything will come encased inside a light-up Ghost Trap box!"
@mcam

That info from ghostbuster news relates to USA release

It won't be know for sure until UK edition and other countries release in Europe is released and customers have got delivery if there is any difference in box set between Europe and USA box set besides USA release having digital copies

USA release has it's own thread

Amazon would let me send back if its not upto scratch, but zavvi wouldn't if i opened it. :/

Slightly annoying, none of the uk sites show it lit up or even mentions it lights up

I would be surprised that -using the same package to contain the movies+book- they would decide to change the design to make some editions lightning and some others not. Of course, I might be completely wrong. An then, as the US edition refers... I might be mistaken but I would bet that the black design of the cases (there is debate with some people mentioning steelbooks, others digipacks...) might be just slip covers containing the amarays with these ones having the same cover as in every country (just changing the language of the text) as it happened with the Karate Kid 4K pack (US version coming with slip covers and not in Europe). Of course, these are just comments and all of them might be completely wrong at the end. :)

I would be surprised that -using the same package to contain the movies+book- they would decide to change the design to make some editions lightning and some others not. Of course, I might be completely wrong. An then, as the US edition refers... I might be mistaken but I would bet that the black design of the cases (there is debate with some people mentioning steelbooks, others digipacks...) might be just slip covers containing the amarays with these ones having the same cover as in every country (just changing the language of the text) as it happened with the Karate Kid 4K pack (US version coming with slip covers and not in Europe). Of course, these are just comments and all of them might be completely wrong at the end. :)
You're making us think more, it's hurting my brain

• Haha
Reactions: Jamon-Jamon
This is honestly such a bad set. But I do love that art on the new 4K film. Wish that was on the steel

For me it's not about the lights, although they'd be nice. My issue is why are we paying more, for less.

Walmart, target, amazon us & Germany have all sold em for around £100.
It's like being surprised there's snowing during winter (in appropriate climate). You're usually paying more in UK, for everything! It's like that with almost every multinational release, and boxsets make the difference all that more glaring. I'd suggest no one buys such local releases, and imports everything, but I hear there's triple customs charges (not thrice, just three different mafia-government bloodsucking categories/excuses), so that's pretty much like in the Soviet Union, or any other totalitarian country 'democratic' England so opposes... Heh.

The other size of the amarays make the slips much bigger when there are more movies in one package, what results in another building quality (and higher price) f.e. for the Dark Knight Triliogy, where the UK had sturdy slipcases and all others had cheap thin cardbord boxes. I´m still asking myself if this is also the case here - the amarays are much thicker and in the abstract the box has to be bigger (and more expensive), too.