Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
UK
Release date: January 31, 2022
Purchase links: Amazon UK - HMV - Zavvi
Price: £149.99
Notes: Ghostbusters (1984) - Ghostbusters II (1989) - Ghostbusters Afterlife (2021) 8 discs (3 x 4K UHD - 3 x Blu-ray - 2 x Bonus discs)

GB4k.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
Where from? I can't find it cheaper than the 150 unless i order from a walmart or summat, i don't think they ship to uk
I couldn't find it anywhere either, even through local freight forwarders reshipping it alone would cost additional $60+. So I was 'watching' a couple of sellers on eBay, both had dozens of copies. While I was thinking, both sold all, but 1, so I just paid the damn 150 USD, but that's with shipping direct included.

Edit: just checked, and the guy I bought it from added 2 more copies... Will be funny, when this box is selling for $59.99 next Black Friday.

Come on drop to £60 already … :sing:
That's unlikely before release date as that would mean a UK retailer would have to sell below cost price as in sell at a loss
UK dealer price is more than £60 that is why the main UK retailers Amazon UK/HMV/Zavvi have retail price of £150 with some other UK retailers have even higher price

A retailer would only sell below dealer price if they was left with lot of unsold stock usually from 6 months after release date some retailers wait even longer 1-2 years
Price drops are done in stages and you usually wait until around 6 months or longer before a retailer will decide sell below cost price

You might see some price drop shortly after release date with a price drop to around £90 or £100 but that will depend if a retailer has not sold a decent % of stock at full price and has lot of leftover stock not selling taking up space in their warehouses

This is a limited edition with a UK print run some retailers will sell out quicker than others depending on the amount of stock they ordered or was allocated

Retailers want to sell a decent % of stock at full price or just below as in make a profit with stock before they decide on big price drops

If Amazon UK stuck with lot of unsold stock 3 months after release date you might see price drop to £85 to £90

It has happened but on very rare occasions distributors sometimes if a new release is not selling decide on dealer price reduction and refund retailers price difference so a retailer can sell at lower retail price but that is very rare when that happens
I doubt that will happen with this release

Why prices in some other countries less is dealer prices can vary with distributors/suppliers in other regions and vat (Tax rates) can vary on top of dealer price

Sony UK decided on the UK dealer price and has nothing to do with distributor prices in other countries

@Dannykd88 Amazon has two listings when you just browse the category, one shows out of stock but was never there the other hasn’t gone out of stock yet.

@paulboland
Yeah, I was being sarcastic although not unreasonable. If none sell then the price will drop, £60 is wishful thinking, £80 I can work with for this edition. If it does in fact sell out at £150 then all for them for judging the market correctly. I personally have ordered to Amazon locker so if it doesn’t drop significantly before release they will issue a refund if i do not collect.

Reactions: paulboland
@Dannykd88 Amazon has two listings when you just browse the category, one shows out of stock but was never there the other hasn’t gone out of stock yet.

@paulboland
Yeah, I was being sarcastic although not unreasonable. If none sell then the price will drop, £60 is wishful thinking, £80 I can work with for this edition. If it does in fact sell out at £150 then all for them for judging the market correctly. I personally have ordered to Amazon locker so if it doesn’t drop significantly before release they will issue a refund if i do not collect.
A shop called coolshop has it for under £120 but says march release and never heard of em before

Reactions: PixarAnimated
@PixarAnimated
Amazon USA Global Shop put USA new releases on Amazon UK but will be list as unavailable before release date
There is lots of USA listings on Amazon UK

After USA release date that is when it might go live to order on Amazon UK depending on if Amazon USA have any stock
If any stock available the USA listing will change to sold by Amazon US and shipped from Amazon US
It's not Amazon UK themselves selling USA releases

Amazon USA Global Store on Amazon UK is UK delivery address only

Mines still on order with Amazon.

It's getting a bit too late to cancel and I'm guessing we're not going to see any reviews before it's out? Not even seen any proper pictures yet.

Wait, that praised, 'prized' book is just a script reprint, with some side notes? Screw that 'book' then.
Why did I buy it... for the two special features discs, that I just know they'll re-release in some cheap amaray, that'll be $10 on some sale later on...