[Give-Away] dfoles wants to share

dfoles

Scanner Ninja
Contributor
Premium Supporter
May 15, 2013
GA
Inspired by winning Nyrvana's Bonus Give-Away, which the was inspired by Mnementh's "pay it forward Give-Away", I am going to do a Give-Away of my own!

Within the past few months I received The Walking Dead season 2 Entertainment Store exclusive that was unfortunately damaged, and I was able to secure a new copy.
I managed to snag two copies of PotC: On Stranger Tides (FutureShop). I blindly opened one and it's in perfect condition. It wasn't until I went to take pictures for sale of the other that I realized there was a dent.

Up for grabs are the damaged copies. Most of the damage for TWD2 is on the back, and the damage on PotC4 is on the front across the skull, almost in line with one of the swords. I tried to capture it as best I can in the pictures. TWD2 is open, and all discs are fine and included. PotC4 is the sealed FutureShop release with discs.

The Give-Away will conclude on April 20.

Shipping within the US will be free, international shipping I will split with the winner via PayPal.

The Walking Dead season 2 Entertainment Store exclusive
alsr.jpg

vd0m.jpg

This is the top of the back
ii0a.jpg

2iib.jpg

Ding on the front left
k7j5.jpg

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (Viva Metal Box)
psrq.jpg

3ij4.jpg

wb6s.jpg

The winner will be able to choose which one they want.

To be entered into this Give-Away, you must:

1. Thank this post.

2. Post about a steelbook (or other metal casing) you were really looking forward to that you received damaged. Pictures welcome :)

If you want two entries into this give away:

1. Thank someone's post in any Collection Forum.

2. Come back here and tell me whose collection you thanked.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for doing this,

I got a Zavvi steelbook that had a deep spine slash right down the center cutting the lettering. I didn't even bother taking pictures and just rewrapped it and prepped to send it back. Can't believe people are still getting spine slashes from there

Reactions: dfoles
I was looking forward to Pan' labyrinth from zavvi which i snagged one on the 4.99 sale...and then it sold out. My copy got delivered badly dented, must have been customer returns they flogged off.
Due to this i just opened the steel to use it for watching instead of keeping sealed as i mostly do.

I was looking forward to Pan' labyrinth from zavvi which i snagged one on the 4.99 sale...and then it sold out. My copy got delivered badly dented, must have been customer returns they flogged off.
Due to this i just opened the steel to use it for watching instead of keeping sealed as i mostly do.

Not another entry but, seems like all issues stem from Zavvi's quality care :dunno:

The thing 1982 play.com steelbook.

Got it for christmas and I was looking forward to it as its my favourite movie of all time. When I got it - smack bang in the centre is a inward facing dent, like someone had stabbed it or stamped on it or something!
Spine slashes I can live with but not that, so had to send it back and luckily got a better one later, with a very slight scratch on the front, which again I can live with.

Steelbook collecting is a harsh mistress indeed.

I took everyone who participated and put their name in a spreadsheet. Then I took everyone who thanks someone's collection for a second entry and added their name again to the bottom of the list. The number chosen is the one on my spreadsheet, not the post number.

And the winner is..........................................................

v033.png

Congratulations M and J! PM Sent to determine which prize you want.

Thanks to everyone for participating!

Last edited:
Wow, thanks alot! Just got your pm.
We don't have alot of time to check out HDF, as we used to. We are on countdown for another ninja baby!! Only 6 days left!!!

We love to make giveaways and love to win them as much.

I have to choose Walking Dead, just finish last season, 2 days ago. How i'm gonna wait another year??
Never saw any POTC, maybe we gonna like it, but for now i don't know.

Thanks again dfoles, we love it!!!