[Give-Away] dfoles wants to share

dfoles

Scanner Ninja
Contributor
Premium Supporter
May 15, 2013
GA
Inspired by winning Nyrvana's Bonus Give-Away, which the was inspired by Mnementh's "pay it forward Give-Away", I am going to do a Give-Away of my own!

Within the past few months I received The Walking Dead season 2 Entertainment Store exclusive that was unfortunately damaged, and I was able to secure a new copy.
I managed to snag two copies of PotC: On Stranger Tides (FutureShop). I blindly opened one and it's in perfect condition. It wasn't until I went to take pictures for sale of the other that I realized there was a dent.

Up for grabs are the damaged copies. Most of the damage for TWD2 is on the back, and the damage on PotC4 is on the front across the skull, almost in line with one of the swords. I tried to capture it as best I can in the pictures. TWD2 is open, and all discs are fine and included. PotC4 is the sealed FutureShop release with discs.

The Give-Away will conclude on April 20.

Shipping within the US will be free, international shipping I will split with the winner via PayPal.

The Walking Dead season 2 Entertainment Store exclusive
alsr.jpg

vd0m.jpg

This is the top of the back
ii0a.jpg

2iib.jpg

Ding on the front left
k7j5.jpg

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (Viva Metal Box)
psrq.jpg

3ij4.jpg

wb6s.jpg

The winner will be able to choose which one they want.

To be entered into this Give-Away, you must:

1. Thank this post.

2. Post about a steelbook (or other metal casing) you were really looking forward to that you received damaged. Pictures welcome :)

If you want two entries into this give away:

1. Thank someone's post in any Collection Forum.

2. Come back here and tell me whose collection you thanked.

Last edited by a moderator:
I received Jungle (three times with slash marks...)...um, would love to get The Walking Dead! Thanks for the give-away!

Reactions: dfoles
Just a reminder, don't forget the opportunity to get two entries by thanking someone's Community Collection post and reporting back here.

Also to show I'm with you guys even more in solidarity, I just received this in the mail today:
xppj.jpg

I specifically ordered this Evil Dead with the US blue colored one coming out soon because I liked the red look. And it's got that big slash. It was under the j-card on the back.

Reactions: Zephyr
Received HUNGER GAMES steel from bestbuy via mail in their brown light packaging with no padding. All 3 steels were damaged, 2 of which had broken & bent spines. Returned all 3 to a nearby store, but could only get 2 exchanged.

Thnx for the give-away!

I recently had a give-away to celebrate my 25th damaged steelbook.
The counter is now on 26; Ender's game (UK) with a nice spine slash and some spots on the back that do not belong there.

I thanked Taher's Avengers Collection

Thanks for the giveaway!! :)

Ordered the Little Mermaid and came dented :/ has to ask for a replacement to zavvi which took around 1 month to arrive.

Sent from my GT-I9192 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the giveaway.

I received a nicely dented cinderella today, so hoping to get it exchanged with zavvi

I thanked rodtp's expendables collection

Bump! 1 Week left to enter!

Don't forget to get a second entry into the Give-Away, thank a members post in the Community Collections forum, then let me know whose post you thanked!

My copy of Who Framed Roger Rabbit? Arrived with a ding in the top just the other day. Fortunately I managed to iron it out almost completely, but still upsetting!

Thanked howiesteed glossing and fleck custom collection

Last edited:
Thank you for the giveaway, I had ordered Inception from ebay, and I was really looking forward to it as it is one of my favorite movies ever. Unfortunately, it arrived with a paint chip on 2 of the corners and one on the back. Luckily, I will be able to get another copy since they are cheap. :p

My FNAC Monsters Inc. Couldn't believe the DHL guy just handed it to me before sprinting down my path. Then I kept ringing them but as I didn't speak French they kept putting the phone down on me - Nightmare!!!!!

cyz2zy3119ods9lfg.jpg

48lemt0188b12qifg.jpg

1yvw6ancaz6hu47fg.jpg

xwt6zscp41ut5w8fg.jpg

Please! No more photos of dented or damaged Steelbooks.:tear: It's heartbreaking to get one damaged. I received some steelbooks from Amazon France that were just tossed into an open box no packing paper so they banged into each other all the way overseas and one had multiple dents. Sending it back. The other copy miraculously survived. What gets me is most steelbooks damaged are due to improper packing. Come on get a clue! They're made of metal!

I've been pretty fortunate with Steels arriving in good shape. Thus far the one bugaboo has been Shaun of the Dead I ordered from Amazon UK. Sent in a envelope small bubble mailer to ensure a treacherous journey, it arrived bent on the spine with two awful dings on the back of the steel. Very bummed.

I thanked justboy's batman collection.

I really wanted an waited for Frozen Zavvi Steelbook. And it was the first and only one that was broken... Exactly the one I wanted the most...
I really was quit disturbed. I can not post pictures cause I returned it to Zavvi.

And I thanked rodtp´s Alien collection.

Thanks for the give away.

I had a scratch on my After Earth from Futureshop. Since it was a bad movie and I only look at the spines, I don't mind much. Thatnks for the giveaway.

Thanked justboy's batman collection.

I received a copy of Prometheus from amazon with some pretty big dents. There was padding to speak of. Luckily, Amazon's customer service is great and the rectified the situation.

Thank you for the giveaway :)

I received The Shining from Zavvi with a dent in the front, I was devastated but my Wife said she couldn't see it! It was replaced quickly by Zavvi though :)

I have just thanked justaboys horror collection

Ron

Thanks for the giveaway!
Thankfully, I haven't received any damaged steelbooks before, but at Target, all copies of Justice League War had a spine slash, so that's my only damaged steelbook.