[Winner Chosen!] Demons 1 and 2 USA Exclusive Steelbooks-ends 8/19/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Hello HDN!

We are excited to sponsor another exciting giveaway in the community. Thanks to Synapse films, we are providing an opportunity to win another set of USA exclusive Steelbooks of the cult hits Demons 1 and Demons 2.

To purchase a set please visit their site at http://synapse-films.com/?s=demons steelbook
demons.png

To win, tell us the following, and lets have a bloody good time, shall we?

1) Your top 10 'cult' films of all time, and why they are your favorites

2) Tell us how YOU would re-write the end one of your favorite horror films vs. the way it actually ended.

Have fun & thanks for taking part in another HDN giveaway!

Random winner chosen 8/19/2014. Winner will receive 2 Steelbooks as shipped by HDN.

demons-png.95043

Last edited:
10) Halloween
09) Scanners
08) Monty Python and the Holy Grail
07) The Return of the Living Dead
06) Death Race 2000 (1975)
05) Shaun of the Dead
04) Army of Darkness
03) The Toxic Avenger
02) Blade Runner
01) The Evil Dead 2

The Army of Darkness: Where it leaves Ash back in S-Mart and he's laying down his mack on the hottie and the last Deadite shows up as the old hag. He busts the glass and grabs a rifle and starts firing away like he's The Rifleman. He's got the super cool metal hand now why not grab a pair of bad ass pistols and laid waste to that ugly old Deadite instead of unleashing a hail of bullets like the rifle has no limits to it. (I so hate that, when a gun has unlimited ammo, like yeah right!?) Shop S, baby - S-Mart. :D

Ah man I'd love to win these!

Not in any particular order -

1. The Evil Dead
2. The Evil Dead 2
3. Army of Darkness
4. Toxic Avenger
5. The Crow
6. They Live
7. Big Trouble In Little China
8. Escape From New York
9. Clerks
10. Mallrats

There's loads more I could add.

I'd change the ending to Mallrats, where Ben Affleck goes bat-sh*t crazy and starts a gun rampage on the mall and it's up to Jay & Silent Bob to save the day :D

Thanks for the giveaway DB

Reactions: digitalbabe
Great GB:) Maybe this time i will have more luck;)

Top Ten Cult Movies:
1) Re-Animator - for the humor, suspense and style, as well as acting.
2) The Thing (Carpenter) - for the mood and special effects of that time
3) Office Space - for the story, that is so simple and unique.
4) Fight Club - music, directing and acting
5) Donnie Darko - for all that was still not understand and for the rabbit;)
6) The Wicker Man (original) - for the ending twist
7) Mullholand Drive - style of the movie and David's imagination
8) Night of the Living Dead (90's Remake) - solid remake of the 90's, that was something fresh.
9) Videodrome - for the plot and James Woods
10) Starship Troopers - for the Braveheart of monster movies;)

In case of ending:
My beloved horror movie is Martyrs. This french flick is full of surprises and great moments...but when it comes to an end
i have the same problem like with Ninth Gate (this is thriller not horror for me). The viewer is prepared for something for the whole movie, he is waiting...and what? Nothing.

So the ending is that before death, martyred person will see what is after death. In boiling point of the ending a lot of old folks are coming to the house to know the truth about what's next after death. The woman that is managing the whole party knows the truth and comits suicide. Ok, this is great but there should be something bizzare for the viewer, not to understand what's next but to think and debate about it.

In my opinion after suicide there should be some images of what she saw before death, showed in the form of "Into the Void" style, or something like David Lynch would do. There should be some images that would be a mistery, something sureal but hinting that there is something after death...so after the film viewer can start to talk what was the meaining of that.

Bubba Ho Tep - Because "Man, you are one big, ***** cockroach."
Clerks - Because "I'm not even supposed to be here today!"
Mallrats - Because "A schooner IS a sailboat stupid head!"
Army of Darkness - Because "This... Is my boom stick"
Braindead (Dead Alive) - Because "I kick ass for The Lord!"
Office Space - Because "Excuse me, I believe you have my stapler..."
The Raid - Because "Pulling the trigger is like ordering takeout"
Donnie Darko - Because "Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?"
Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas - Because "We can't stop here. This is bat country."
The Big Lebowski - Because "That rug really tied the room together"

I would have liked to see the alternate ending to Scott Pilgrim, where a news report shows that he has murdered 7 people and then claimed to be in a video game.

Thanks for the giveaway!

Awsome giveaway thanks these look great

No perticular order

1. Halloween
2. Friday 13th
3. Nightmare on Elm St
4. Hills Have Eyes
5. Texas Chainsaw Massacre
6. Jaws
7. Stephen Kings IT
8. Silence of the Lambs
9. The Terminator
10. Blair Witch Project

Ending id change is Jeepers Creepers although it's a different idea I think the film was far creepier before he sprouted wings and started flying about
When he was hiding in cornfields in his mac and hat like an old pervert his character was much better and slightly more believable as you thought he was a real person then the alien thing just ruined it

1. The Thing - Best film ever made, period!
2. Evil Dead 2 - Self explanatory, its Evil dead 2.
3. Re-animator - This film seems to be having a resurgence over the past couple of years, and rightly so.
4. Big trouble in little China - Kurt Russel and John Carpenter together again. How could this movie not be great?
5. Day of the dead - Although most will prefer Dawn of the dead, for me Day is the stronger movie.
6. Back to the future - I think everybody loves this film.
7. The return of the living dead - The first zombie movie to feature "runners", very original film and still holds up brilliantly today. Not enough people know of this gem.
8. Who framed Roger Rabbit - Bob Hoskins in arguably his greatest role.
9. Anchorman - A genuinely funny movie, shame the sequel couldn't match the originals quality.
10. The raid - The greatest action movie post 2001 Jackie Chan.

Change the ending to the movie Signs - to be honest anything would make a better ending. Such a crap end for such a good movie. I like a bleak ending so maybe just have it so that the aliens invade and the family manage to survive getting out of their house but go on the run. End the film like The Birds, nothing has been solved, they just manage to make it out.

Thanks for a great giveaway :thumbs:

No particular order
1) Taxi Driver (1976) Brilliant film with amazing acting and direction with fantastic film score
2) The Shawshank Redemption (1994)fantastic acting and brilliant script
3) Get Carter (1971) Brilliant with fantastic film score
4) The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974) Low Budget with brilliant directing a cult classic
5) Re-Animator (1985) well made comedy/horror film
6) Dawn of the Dead (1978) The best ever and a true cult classic
7) The Evil Dead (1983) Another low budget with fantastic directing a horror classic
8) The Thing (1982) John Carpenter Classic and a remake that's better than the original 50's version
9) The Wicker Man (1973) A British cult classic
10) Blade Runner (1982) Ridley Scott masterpiece

I would have like to seen alternate ending of Dawn of the Dead 1978
The Zombies spread out into more cites and you see noting but Zombies in all of the cities of America
The White House ends up with a bunch of Zombies running the country :rofl:
The Credits roll with its truly the Dawn of the Dead
Note (some night say that has already happened for real :p)

Thanks for a brilliant giveaway :thumbs:

Last edited:
Thanks for the superb giveaway!

1) Texas Chainsaw Massacre. True horror

2) The Warriors. Awesome New York based gang movie

3) The Breakfast Club. Teen classic

4) Gran Torino. Clint at his best

5) Big Wednesday . Coming of age movie, set in the surf scene

6) Some Kind of Wonderful. Little known but truly wonderful

7) Heathers. Teen angst at its best

8) Battle Royale. All time classic

9) The Great Escape. Who hasn't seen it?

10) Captain Phillips. New age true story, classic!

Movie ending I'd like to change would be Nightmare on Elm Street. I'd like to keep Freddy dead because all the later films were rubbish!! Haha

1: Brain Dead
2: Meat the feebles
3: return of the living dead 3
4: Deamons 1
5: cannibal holocaust
6: The rocky horror picture show
7: Evil Dead
8: Bubba Hotep
9: Battle Royale
10: Guast House Paradiso

IT: Why does he needs to die at the end? Let him have a nice meal of Grown ups!

1 Howard the Duck
2 Flash Gordon
3 Clerks
4 Bubba Hotep
5 Army of Darkness
6 Office Space
7 Killer Klowns from Outer Space
8 Labyrinth
9 the Frighteners
10 Reservoir Dogs

It: I hate when the villian has to die at the end let cool villains win every now and then.

Thanks for the great give-away!

my list:
1. Nightmare on Elm St
2. Evil Dead
3. Brain Dead
4.Texas Chainsaw Massacre
5. Halloween
6. Friday 13th
7. Hills Have Eyes
8. Jaws
9. Army of Darkness
10. Deamons 1

I would like to see Rec 2 movie with another ending. In the movie should be used theme virus zombie no possession!

My Cult Movies:

1) Clerks - for the humor, ideas, dedication and overall whackiness
2) Mulholland Drive - for the Music, atmosphere and acting
3) The Straight Story - for the story, the honesty and down-to-earthness of the project
4) Fight Club - For the courage to do it like this!
5) Donnie Darko - For the weird mansuite
6) The Wicker Man (original) - For the Music and the ending!
7) Lost Highway- Overall weirdness and using Rammstein for the soundtrack
8) Demons 1 +2 - Gotta love 80's Italian Horror cheese AND great Soundtrack feat. Dead can dance.
9) Suspiria - For the colours, camera angles and Goblin music
10) RoboCop (Original)- For getting Science Fiction right!

Movie ending that should be changed: Not so much a horror movie (well, for me it kinda was..), BUT Titanic - they could have figured out a cool way to avoid hitting the iceberg I reckon...

Cult Classics in no particular order:

1. Texas Chainsaw Massacre - the first and best "terror" movie
2. Rocky Horror Picture Show - it's just great
3. Donnie Darko - Mindtwisting at it's best
4. The Wicker Man - for it's surreal atmosphere
5. Suspiria - a perfect movie with beautiful scenes and music
6. The Man from Earth - an unforgettable little gem
7. Blair Witch Project - although Cannibal Holocaust was first, this one defines Found Footage
8. Hellraiser - I just love Clive Barker
9. Evil Dead - no comment needed :)
10. Braindead - for raising the the gore level to unbelievable heights without being sick, tasteless or utterly disgusting

Ending:
Well although it's not a movie nevertheless a horror movie I would love to change the last 10 minutes of LOST. Why have this crappy church scene which destroys everything?Why not stick to the parallel universe idea, that came up in the middle of season 6? Everyone realises they live in parallel reality, therefore this reality crashes and melts with the "real" reality. Something like that.

Thanks for the excellent giveaway!!!

1. JAWS - Not only the greatest movie in the history of film, but one that has a massive worldwide cult following. As I am deeply emmersed in this following I can speak to it first hand. There is an annual sojourn to Martha's Vineyard for FINatics across the globe! As for the movie...Intense, funny, horrifying, lighthearded, scary, suspenseful and epic!
2. JOHN CARPENTER'S THE THING - When we got to the theater to see this there was a massive line. Once we realized the line was for E.T., we walked right in. There was a smattering of folks there for the first show, maybe 20. The genius of Rob Bottin ensured that nights viewing would be emblazoned in your minds forever. Terrific pace, believeable characters, amazing FX. If you havent seen this superb film, you are only cheating yourself!!!
3. George Romero's DAWN OF THE DEAD - Having never seen Night of the Living Dead, my buddies were more than happy to introduce me to Romero's zombie genius. It was a midnight showing a week before it's release in the area, and I was not prepared for what I was about to see. I confess to being a little stunned initially at the gore, but my buds were laughing hysterically. Today it's one of my all time favorite, and must see every Halloween. Speaking of which.....
4. HALLOWEEN - I went to see this with my friend Robin. She's totally into the horror schtick. I was hoping to suck some serious face during the movie, but it was way too intense to not pay attention. When Carpenter is on, he's just a brilliant filmmaker, and this film is another testement to that fact. Plus it has PJ Soles in it, and anything she's in is awesome!!!
5. ROCK AND ROLL HIGH SCHOOL - It has PJ Soles in it. AND the Ramones!! I seriously beg for Soles rendition of Rock and Roll High School. Shout out to my bud Scott who worked at WMNF in Tampa for acquiescing to my request to play that on his last show!!
6. AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON - Another movie with masterful FX, thanks to the brilliance of Rick Baker, who was part of the reason I was really looking forward to this. The transformation scene still blows me away. Excellent film making. Then of course it has a naked girl in it, and that never hurts a movie!!
7. THE ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW - Love this movie for the many memories it brings. Had to have seen this over a hundred times. I worked for the chain that had this as a midnight feature, so I was always pricared with my newspaper, toast, and water pistol. Never got into the roll playing that goes on today, as I appreciate the fun debauchery be played out onscreen. Plus the soundtrack is killer!!
8. A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET - The one thing I remember most about my initial viewing of this in the theater is that I watched it threw my fingers. Easily one of the creepiest movies of all time, and one that never disappoint. You just never really know whats going on and the movie turns on a dime. Plus Johnny Depp bites the dust. You can't really ask for much more.
9. 2000 Maniacs - It was my 10th birthday and my parents were taking me and some friends to see Disney's The Aristocats at the Hillsboro Theater. Fortunately my dad made a wrong turn and ended up in the drive in which was showing this movie. Axes and arms...that's all I'm sayin'!!
10. SCREAM BLOODY MURDER - Filmed in Tampa, Florida, one block from my house. In fact my friend Ted lived in the house that they used for filming, so I used to play there regularly. We were all over the area while they were filming, peeking over the walls, looking in the windows, riding our bikes by as they filmed.. Pretty cool seeing it today, as many of the areas they used for filming were regular spots my friends and I would hang out at. Love the movie in all its twisted perverseness.

SPOILER********************
At the end of Prince of Darkeness, I would have allowed the heroine to escape the darkenss and make it back as opposed to her being trapped in the mirror and its subsequent horrors. still, it was a creepy ending the way it was completed. Just liked the character and wanted her to make it out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.