泽田
Premium Supporter
Feb 1, 2011
China
Release date: September 20, 2019
Purchase link: Group buy
Price: $99.99
Notes: 4K+2D+Bonus, 3 discs boxset edition. WEA steelbook

88802748-DC8C-42C2-9BAE-3303A8857715.jpegEB2F2981-CFA9-42D4-BF74-3077B9DC87B4.jpeg93B5A0AD-F424-471E-8B61-D5B8A8CD44BC.jpeg067C4F6C-F7AD-4DD8-92F7-B72CB64CAEF1.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Good point. Yeah, when I said BD, I meant to include 3D, 4K, etc. Not just standard BD.

This annoys me aswell. Your essentially collecting packaging/cellophane then and not the actual item inside it.

Why not collect say, biscuits or chocolate bars or anything for that matter that had no rips or tears in it!!!!
:rolleyes:
:p
well, the actual item is untouched, so mission [best condition] accomplished.

Dont you ever feel like you're missing out on what's inside of the seal though? I mean there's some truly stunning steelbooks out there which even the best pictures dont do true justice to
as long as I own the edition and I know that I have this editon in the best condition, then I'm happy.

people who don't suffer from OCD can't understand it.

Oh, so you've actually been diagnosed with OCD? Well, that's a different story.
I wasnt tested, but I have OCD symtoms ...or how do you explain my behavior :/

Well, since you don't open it, you can just GUESS that it's in the best condition: you don't know the REAL conditions of the items inside the box ;);)
what I do not know will not hurt me ;)

what I do not know will not hurt me ;)
^^ That statement right there doesn't sound very OCD to me ;)

... I have a mixture of open/sealed in my collection, I don't open absolutely everything, but I do like to open up editions and discover they're minty fresh inside. I enjoy seeing everything in its glory too, especially when it comes to WEA steelbooks. Looking at pics/vids online does not cut the mustard IMO. I place back in a protector to remain in the best possible conditions too ;) For glossy steels, I will even reseal the steelbook inside a polybag before sliding back into the slip, as to avoid horizontal scratches etc.

I have a degree of OCD myself, I appreciate things to be mint as possible, but such a high demand of OCD in this hobby is not healthy IMO, not for the long haul anyway. You need to have some level of leniency and let small things pass sometimes (not saying you specifically, but generally speaking I believe). It's those such as yourself that keep absolutely everything kept sealed and shrink wraps have to be pristine, I will never understand lol. I'm not sure how much enjoyment can be had from that personally. But hey ho, this is my honest two cents.

Peace to all collectors! :D

^^ That statement right there doesn't sound very OCD to me ;)

... I have a mixture of open/sealed in my collection, I don't open absolutely everything, but I do like to open up editions and discover they're minty fresh inside. I enjoy seeing everything in its glory too, especially when it comes to WEA steelbooks. Looking at pics/vids online does not cut the mustard IMO. I place back in a protector to remain in the best possible conditions too ;) For glossy steels, I will even reseal the steelbook inside a polybag before sliding back into the slip, as to avoid horizontal scratches etc.

I have a degree of OCD myself, I appreciate things to be mint as possible, but such a high demand of OCD in this hobby is not healthy IMO, not for the long haul anyway. You need to have some level of leniency and let small things pass sometimes (not saying you specifically, but generally speaking I believe). It's those such as yourself that keep absolutely everything kept sealed and shrink wraps have to be pristine, I will never understand lol. I'm not sure how much enjoyment can be had from that personally. But hey ho, this is my honest two cents.

Peace to all collectors! :D
imo steelbooks are far more prone to flaws than full slips, even shrinkwrapped.. idk if theres a truly mint full gloss steelbook with absolutely no hairline scratch...

for me its about them looking the same as when they leave the factory. they are basically display pieces for me for the front artwork (i should note i like slipcovers a little more than steeels)

i like the shrink wrap intact with the stickers intact especially on premium slips. the sticker must remain :D

I dont need to open them for the discs as i have an entire 4k/blu ray slipcover collection so i have open copies of everything.

noone here is right. you gotta collect how you enjoy, thats all that matters. we can argue to the moon and back who is right but i understand both sides :thumbs:

i want to also say i was once an open collector and after a few years i realised it made me more happier to keep them sealed. i have zero intention to sell them, I just enjoy admiring them more when they are sealed. its hard to understand unless your into keeping stuff sealed i guess.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.