Gladiator Review

I picked it up yesterday, the extended edition looks nice, but the theatrical cut looks just right down ugly! so much EE and some scenes you can really tell there haloing in the background like the mountains. The skin tones don't look lifelike or polished, it's watchable but the quality is overall bad...

after the horror stories, i just stayed away from it..

It was too late lol, I even said well I'll be the judge of it when I get and well I got it and I noticed all the problems....it's watchable, but it seriously isn't what Paramount is aiming for their Sapphire series.

On the other hand I hear Braveheart is phenomenal.

It was too late lol, I even said well I'll be the judge of it when I get and well I got it and I noticed all the problems....it's watchable, but it seriously isn't what Paramount is aiming for their Sapphire series.

On the other hand I hear Braveheart is phenomenal.

well after reading this i won't be buying the steelbook of the film when i comes out

Are they in charge of the mastering in the UK as well? I wouldn't be surprised if Paramount remasters the film and re-issues Gladiator for those who bought it. Sorta what Sony did with The Fifth Element.

Although it makes me wonder who in Paramount said "This looks good"? lol it's not the worst BD out there just not what was expected of it. Specially when you get another 'Sapphire Series' release in Braveheart and looks phenomenal.

I am keeping a close eye on Bill Hunt's posts.

Last edited:
i gotta say i dont know what everyone has been moaning about the transfer

i thought it looked good, there was alot of grain which is good in my opinion

Yeah the whole arrows disappearing, you really have to pay attention and even then it's really really hard to tell. You basically have to press pause and press fast foward so it can go frame by frame. I think some of the complaints are over exaggerated, although if you compare to Braveheart, Gladiator comes very very short.

Yeah the whole arrows disappearing, you really have to pay attention and even then it's really really hard to tell. You basically have to press pause and press fast foward so it can go frame by frame. I think some of the complaints are over exaggerated, although if you compare to Braveheart, Gladiator comes very very short.

what happened was people got too excited and hyped it up too much and where expecting too much