Gladiator Ultimate Edition (Blu-ray SteelBook) (HDzeta Exclusive No.3) [China]

wxlinkswd

泽田
Premium Supporter
Feb 1, 2011
China
Release date: March, 2015
Notes: Glossy finish, Title and Helmet Embossed
Steelbook Made in Denmark, Limited 3000 copies.
Disc: Remasterd Disc +Bonus disc, 2 discs are Region Free

* Note, the Lenticular is not glued to slip, it is loose. It was supposed to be loose, according to the design by HDzeta, but this was not clear in the mockup. Someone will be in contact you with to determine whether you wish to receive the product as intended, or wait for a 'glued' replacement from your hub leader, after Xin sends it to them.

Group Buy details (click on spoiler)
1. GB-Gladiator Ultimate Edition Tripack Version Round 1 ---100 copies for HDN
Price: 160 $US (include shipping to hub)
Group Buy Link < Click (SOLD OUT)

2. GB-Gladiator Ultimate Edition Tripack Version Round 2 ---200 copies for HDN
Price: 160 $US (include shipping to hub)
Group Buy Link < click (SOLD OUT)

3. GB-Gladiator Ultimate Edition Lenticular Version --- 300-400 copies for HDN
Price: 56 $US (include shipping to hub)
Group Buy Link < click

4. GB-Gladiator Ultimate Edition Normal Slip Version --- 200-300 copies for HDN
Price: 53 $US (include shipping to hub)
Group Buy Link < click

5. GB-Gladiator Ultimate Edition Quarter Slip Version --- 150 copies for HDN
Price: 50 $US (include shipping to hub)
Group Buy Link < click

6. GB-Gladiator Ultimate Edition Lenticular/Normal/Quarter Slip Version Round 2 --- 150 copies for HDN
Price: 56$ / 53$ / 50$
Group Buy Link < click

full

full

All the different editions:
Lenticular Slip:
(with normal number card) 1300 copies(No.0001-No.0500 for the boxset, not sold seperatly)
full

Normal Slip: (with normal number card) 1000 copies(No.0001-No.0500 for the boxset, not sold seperatly)
full

1/4 Slip: (with normal number card) 700 copies(No.0001-No.0500 for the boxset, not sold seperatly)
full

Triple Boxset Artwork: (with Special Metal Number card) Only 500 copies, No.0001-No.0500
full

For in-hand pics, see this post.

Item delayed due to manufacturing/printing issue.
Please see Xin's updated post here

**Please direct all inquiries regarding Steelbook payments, invoices, etc to Alex**
Hubs will invoice for shipping later when Steelbooks are received by the hub leaders.

To know the GB go time in your area, please use this user friendly TIMEZONE CONVERTER

Last edited by a moderator:
That was an option?!

I've never heard of it.

Don't see how you can escape the hub with a GB anyway - never heard of anyone bypassing or avoiding it.

As regards delays, well, I'm not going to try to put anyone's back up, but HDZ (and others to a lesser extent) would do well to look to Nova for inspiration on how to get it right in a short timespan.

Last edited:
As regards delays, well, I'm not going to try to put anyone's back up, but HDZ (and others to a lesser extent) would do well to look to Nova for inspiration on how to get it right in a short timespan.

I think HDZeta will look into shipping the items directly to GB members, and I think Xin alluded to this the other day. This is how the Blufans GB's work on BR and I'm not aware of any issues with that system.

I think HDZeta will look into shipping the items directly to GB members, and I think Xin alluded to this the other day. This is how the Blufans GB's work on BR and I'm not aware of any issues with that system.

I wasn't aware of that Haymaker - didn't see the post by Xin - but I was really alluding to the whole gamut of delays HDZ have experienced.
To that end Nova are really a shining example.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches
I can understand shipping to hubs for EU members due to high probability of customs but for USA its a no brainer to ship directly as we are lucky enough to not face customs and shipping is also cheap from China to US.

By the time we get this release in hand it will be much more expensive compared to 3D releases by Blufans

By the time we get this release in hand it will be much more expensive compared to 3D releases by Blufans
Yarp. Captain America: The Winter Soldier 3D from Blufans was £43.01 including postage (never been hit by customs on a Blufans). Captain America 1 arrived in just under a month after payment.

Gladiator was £38.49 and I'm expecting an invoice from David for ~£10 for hub postage. I paid for it in November. Free case be damned (and dented by the looks of things).

It's difficult to not feel a bit deflated about this release now.

I was sent a tracking number on March 30th saying it would be sent direct to my address. I think I had been forgotten...so I managed to bypass the hub.

Hoping the free case will be included, and that there won't be any dents.

Yeah it's a crazy amount of money, although ironically it will save me money as it's put me off buying anymore HDZeta releases. :D

Exactly. This is most likely my last steelbook from HDZ. Although the delay did not bothered me as much as there pricing for catalog titles and also no option of slipbox.

This titles should be around same price as Kimchi, Nova or PA.

The money was definitely not worth all the problems and delays for this one, that's for sure. Had this gone smoother and arrived on time, it might have been worth the price. Also you have to factor in that with kimchidvd or nova, you just pay one shipping cost and it comes directly to you. The HUB and additional shipping charges/waiting is a bit of a drag here as well

The money was definitely not worth all the problems and delays for this one, that's for sure. Had this gone smoother and arrived on time, it might have been worth the price. Also you have to factor in that with kimchidvd or nova, you just pay one shipping cost and it comes directly to you. The HUB and additional shipping charges/waiting is a bit of a drag here as well

This release was totally worth the wait and delays. This release is EPIC! Best Gladiator release by FAR. Best HDZ release by far, too. Plus if you don't know how to play the waiting game, then this hobby ain't for you because that is partly what keeps this hobby
image.jpg

This release was totally worth the wait and delays. This release is EPIC! Best Gladiator release by FAR. Best HDZ release by far, too. Plus if you don't know how to play the waiting game, then this hobby ain't for you because that is partly what keeps this hobby
View attachment 152131

Hmm, suit yourself. For me, having the product in my hand is much more exciting and enjoyable than waiting for it. Especially when the delays keep stacking on top of each other and products can take up to a month to arrive in the mail even after they finally ship. That's actually the opposite of exciting..?

Reactions: fleurgasm