Godzilla (2014) (Blu-ray FuturePak) [USA]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: September 16, 2014
Purchase links: Amazon - Target - Best Buy
Price: $29.99 (Amazon - Target) - $42.99 (Best Buy)

image.jpg

About Best Buy listing:
If you haven't confirmed it yet. I talked with BB USA and Scanavo. There is no Godzilla SteelBook anywhere in USA. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
  • SKU: 25599385
  • Release Date: 09/16/2014
  • Rating: PG-13
  • PRE-ORDER PRICE: $44.99
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/godzill...Y3I&siteID=f7sX52tQY3I-_UmNrCLx5w.3bG3JbqOmWQ

godzilla.jpg

Synopsis
The king of all monsters returns in this Warner Bros./Legendary Pictures production helmed by Gareth Edwards (Monsters). As the story opens in Japan, we find dedicated nuclear power-plant manager Joe Brody (Bryan Cranston) so caught up in his work that he forgets it's his birthday. Sending his young son Ford off to school before reporting to the plant with his wife Sandra (Juliette Binoche), who works in the reactor, Joe begins to suspect that some suspiciously patterned seismic activity may be something more sinister than shifting tectonic plates He's right, too, because when the plant goes into meltdown mode and Sandra gets caught on the wrong side of the containment door, a massive cover-up ensues. Fifteen years later, Ford (Aaron Taylor-Johnson) has become a bomb-disposal expert in the U.S. military. He's just returned home to his wife Elle (Elizabeth Olsen) and their son Sam (Carson Bolde) when he gets word that Joe been arrested in Japan. Long estranged from his father, who was written off as a conspiracy theorist for his failed efforts to prove the Japanese government was attempting to hide something about the earlier disaster, Ford nevertheless ventures to Japan to get him out of jail, and reluctantly agrees to join him in traveling to their old home in the quarantined zone. Subsequently taken into custody, the pair end up in the very plant where Joe used to work, and where scientists Dr. Ichiro Serizawa (Ken Watanabe) and Vivienne Graham (Sally Hawkins) are studying a massive cocoon-like structure that appears to feed on radiation. The situation turns critical when the events of the present begin to mirror those of the past, and a terrifying winged-creature dubbed a "MUTO" is unleashed. Meanwhile, as the military attempts to devise a plan to destroy the beast, signals indicate that it had been calling out to something before it broke free, and the scientists learn that it has awoken a towering, godlike leviathan that has lied dormant for centuries, and may be mankind's only hope for restoring the balance of nature. ~ Jason Buchanan, Rovi

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 95
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: PunkNinja
Because this is a WB release i wonder if they do what they did with Man of Steel with this release, i.e. 2D steel from NA/CA is glossy and the 3D steel is matte... :dunno: We all know that Warner love their matte :p

It looks like this is actually the Futurepak that Amazon and Target are selling, no exclusive Steelbook for this one.

View attachment 88465

Well thats a big drop of the ball with Best Buy listing it as asteelbook and its actually a futurepak. Those are two competing companies and im sure they wont be happy about it. Theres still time for BB to change the listing before it matters too much but not a good mistake non the less.

Whether it's a steelbook or the futurepak version, why the heck is it so much more expensive than the futurepak at Target/Amazon? Surely, the price at BB will drop before it's released.

It doesn't say 'only @ Best Buy' so most likely a futurepak. Maybe we can get some more confirmation and then move this over to the Futurepak area.

Looks like this will be the same futurepak as the Target one. Best buy site has the photo of the futurepak up.

A merger will be needed likely.