tommyh84

Not Mine
Premium Supporter
Apr 28, 2011
9D3F128C-B528-419E-9B90-C80ED72566F6.jpeg

8AF73A70-FE46-4A28-91EB-27473E777549.jpeg

E88EBC17-DBD3-4CF6-8744-661B34816601.jpeg

2BE06684-61C0-416E-846F-E9DDF6C2DF18.jpeg

I think I have the limited HMV edition of this and I just can’t see upgrading to the Manta, despite quite liking the Lenti A — although I do love a good lenti!

godzilla GIF

If they're not made by Scanavo then who?
And they're not steelbooks then, metalpaks or ironpaks?
You misunderstand. They're steelbooks with custom artwork on, like any custom made steel out there. So it'll be a scanavo product initially, customised to suit.

You misunderstand. They're steelbooks with custom artwork on, like any custom made steel out there. So it'll be a scanavo product initially, customised to suit.
Oh, so you think they won't be factory produced, but blanks with art actually handmade like some cottage industry...

So it is illegal to sell custom steelbooks, right? They don't own the rights to the movie title, characters, artworks, etc.
Not necessarily. People sell custom things all the time. From clothes to figure to prints to slip boxes etc and there are websites dedicated to that stuff but I guess the way around this is no discs and he’s paid the steelbook artist. Not sure about the slips

Reactions: samdavies
always thought theyre just printed "over" some generic steelbook
Yep, that's normally the way. Either vinyl wrapped around, or the original art paint layer removed, refinished, and the new art directly printed on top. Buying cheap steels like tinker taylor, matrix 4, space jam 2 etc.. are far cheaper than ordering blanks

• Informative
Reactions: hatredhorror
Not necessarily. People sell custom things all the time. From clothes to figure to prints to slip boxes etc and there are websites dedicated to that stuff but I guess the way around this is no discs and he’s paid the steelbook artist. Not sure about the slips
Of course are people selling stuff. But are they officially allowed to?
I cannot just produce t-shirts for example with Disney characters on it. Even the Disney font art is protected. Or logos, names. You need a consumer product licence.

I cannot just produce t-shirts for example with Disney characters on it. Even the Disney font art is protected. Or logos, names. You need a consumer product licence.
Wait a few years for Disney as public domain is just around the corner, you'll be all legal to do this* ;)

* But why would you want to?

"Officially", no. If a studio wanted to sue anyone for using their intellectual or copyrighted property, they could give it a go. For small scale stuff like this though, they're very unlikely to bother.

Reactions: eLviS1987
Here’s the info from King of Steel Media on the CS steels…

CS Series Steelbook
What is the CS Series?

The CS Series is a brand new line of Premium Custom Steelbooks and Packaging. Some of these will also have discs from official distribution partners.

The Projects will have the same quality as any other release such as from Mantalab, Cinemuseum or Blufans. The reason for this is we are using the same companies that they use for our projects. We also have exclusive artwork from International Artists.

Here’s the info from King of Steel Media on the CS steels…

CS Series Steelbook
What is the CS Series?

The CS Series is a brand new line of Premium Custom Steelbooks and Packaging. Some of these will also have discs from official distribution partners.

The Projects will have the same quality as any other release such as from Mantalab, Cinemuseum or Blufans. The reason for this is we are using the same companies that they use for our projects. We also have exclusive artwork from International Artists.

high quality GIF

They can't get the hang of these prewaring emails lol last few have been late, this one is 4 days early :rofl: :rofl: