Godzilla: Minus One (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Deluxe Edition) (Amazon Exclusive) [Japan]

Release date: May 1, 2024
Purchase link: Amazon JP
Price: ¥15,100
Notes: Digipack release that also Includes Empty SteelBook

IMG_7015.jpeg

SteelBook
IMG_7014.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t *believe* it will come with English Subtitles? Mainly because shin Godzilla did not. But this will include both the theatrical release of Minus One as well as the -Color version of the film!
That's great! Was wondering if they were gonna include the -Color version. I enjoy the film even more the second time around in -Color. No English subtitles is a bummer but, like you said, kinda expected so since Shin was the same. Will just have to double-dip for international release down the road.

Japan Sunglasses GIF

I don't understand what this release is? A digipack with 2 empty steelbooks or is that the front, back and both inside artworks for 1 steelbook? Which if so is just 4 random images thrown together :cautious:

And what's that no English sub titles? I really want to see this film but this release is an easy pass if all the above is correct

Reactions: Lenny Nero
I don't understand what this release is? A digipack with 2 empty steelbooks or is that the front, back and both inside artworks for 1 steelbook? Which if so is just 4 random images thrown together :cautious:
I guess the second SteelBook image shows the interior. The Digipak in the slip might just be a bonus. Take previous Amazon JP exclusive SteelBook releases for reference (e.g.: Blade Runner 2049).
I don't like the SteelBook, but I'd love to own the DigiPak. If anyone from Germany wants to strike a deal... PM me please.

I'd buy the digipack if all the film versions had English subs.
I need discs for this edition:

You better start looking for some other edition, because this ^ won't happen:

Godzilla Minus One

Dear Customers

We have some unfortunate news regarding Godzilla Minus One.
King of Steel Media has worked very hard ensuring that projects are not only acceptable but of a high artist standard. It has been very clear from the start that the CS series is a Custom Series, unofficial and for fans of movies. Custom Steelbooks and slipcovers are universally accepted by the collecting community and many individuals have had custom steelbook businesses and have been very successful. We have done our research and as long as certain criteria is met, custom projects are perfectly acceptable.
However it seems someone in their spite has reported our Godzilla project to Toho studios as if the project is an official distribution project. It has been clear from the beginning that it is an unofficial custom and purely a KOSM original creation with only our logo, no studio logos or affiliation or even discs. We have also paid an artist to the rights to use artwork for the project! Besides this we were also making arrangements to get the distribution rights for discs.
However despite all of this, a legal representative from Toho has reached out to us and have warned us that even as a Custom project or a fan art project they forbid us to proceed with the project or face legal consequences. This is very sad news considering that hundreds of custom projects are produced by Physical media collectors each year.

We are very sorry to all those that have been looking forward to this project as much as us, however we do not wish to rock the boat with Toho studios. Sadly we will no longer be able to proceed with this project and all customers will be immediately refunded.
It’s a sad day for us, but we do not let it defeat us – instead we use it as an opportunity to move forward. Our Creative Plus projects will be Officially licensed projects.
Our CS Series projects will continue- however we will be much more selective regarding the titles and the artwork used.
Once again – we sincerely apologise for this development and hope that you continue to support us, especially as we move forward with our licensed creative plus series

Please do not send us messages about this as I’m very disappointed in this development and the individuals involved in making this happen. Competition is a normal part of business - unfortunately some stoop to extreme levels to eliminate the competition.
However KOSM will NOT stop and our projects will CONTINUE and we are working on Officially licensed projects and having meeting with studios - who are much more accommodating.
Thank you to all the individuals who believe in us and will continue to support us

Kind regards
Michael

• Informative
Reactions: Lenny Nero
You better start looking for some other edition, because this ^ won't happen:
Whoa, I didn't know yet. Didn't pay for it either, was waiting to see any releases with discs... oh well. That digipack is really nice, has same image of angry 'blue' Gojira. :D

I'd buy the digipack if all the film versions had English subs.
I need discs for this edition:

Kosm said that they have been reported from someone and that this release is not happening!
Dunno if it's just st his site or in general.
I'd buy it if steelbook would have artwork from FS. Current one is too blend, especially considering how all slips are great, especially FS.

And what's that no English sub titles? I really want to see this film but this release is an easy pass if all the above is correct
It's a digipack with 1 empty steel provided with it. They did the same thing for Godzilla Kong, Shxn Godzilla, probably others.

The art is the front/back, and interior left/right. Very unlikely to have English subs. JP releases typically do not.

The art on the actual fold out digipak is awesome. Looks great like that. And the disc art which usually don’t phase me too much looks fantastic. But the steel and box is pretty poor imo. I find the glossy Japanese exclusive steels a bit dark anyway so the front and back will most likely be hard to see.

This will get other releases, prob closer to the 2nd half and end of the year. For English friendly etc subs etc

Crazy for a Japanese language film, in a Japanese only release, not to have non-japanense subtitles? Lets unpack that for a second.. there's nothing crazy about it really is there lol
Er, blu-rays can contain up to 32 audio languages. I've seen discs contain English, French, and Spanish, German, Portuguese, Thai, Mandarin subs to name a few.

When approximately 17% of the world speaks English, yes it surprises me that a Japanese disc wouldn't contain a variety of subs to cater for other regions.

That's money on the table right there, so yeah, crazy.

*Edit. Maybe "crazy" is overcooking it ... Just surprises me is all.

Er, blu-rays can contain up to 32 audio languages. I've seen discs contain English, French, and Spanish, German, Portuguese, Thai, Mandarin subs to name a few.

When approximately 17% of the world speaks English, yes it surprises me that a Japanese disc wouldn't contain a variety of subs to cater for other regions.

That's money on the table right there, so yeah, crazy.

*Edit. Maybe "crazy" is overcooking it ... Just surprises me is all.
Discs have multiple languages on them if they are used in multiple countries. Various audio tracks/subtitles cost license fees.

I quite like the design of the steelbook. Will the steelbook fit in the Digipack slipbox? For safety during shipping

I've ordered the Ghostbusters Afterlife Amazon Jp exclusive and it arrived damaged all over.