Godzilla vs. Kong (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 41) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: October 20, 2021
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip - Lenti - Double Lenti (Pre-order on August 20, at 8 PM - Hong Kong time)
Price: $174.97 (Box Set) - $52.99 (Full Slip) - $53.99 (Lenti - Double Lenti)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv Box Set - Full Slip - Lenti - Double Lenti

Note: WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Embossed Title".
Box Set: Spot Foil, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing. 600 Sets, Numbered 1-600.
Full Slip: Spot Foil, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing. 1000 Units, Numbered 1-1000.
Lenticular Full Slip: 3D Lenticular, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing. 1000 Units, Numbered 1-1000.
Double Lenticular Full Slip: 3D Lenticular x 2 , Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing. 1000 Units, Numbered 1-1000.
Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker, Tip On.

Box_Packshot_4ba3fae9-f91e-46c7-ba6c-f9b39d864552_2000x.jpgFS_packshot_4ab66f05-ab71-4bd3-86da-de73336e349b_2000x.jpgLS_packshot_c692a244-e116-4b0f-97aa-1e3a8b731ff3_2000x.jpgDLS_packshot_11b02c7f-224a-47c0-9c51-be6d33775a0f_2000x.jpg

Last edited:
If the sender does it on his own initiative, then it's up to him. But asking a seller / sender to do so is inciting fraud and punishable under applicable law in the respective country.

Reactions: DMD4k
calls him "noob"
I did not call him a noob. That is your interpretation.
after being hypocrite
Wrong again, just keep things that can hurt the hobby out of a public board where anyone can read. What you do behind closed doors is your business.
You have all the rights. The rest, not.
This is not a good argument.
At least, you don't consider I have rights. Clearly.
Rights to what? Sure you have rights. How am I dictating you don't have rights?
Nobody is a police here. And nothing said is illegal.
It goes a long way to prove willfulness to commit fraud. But in any case it does not do anything to further our hobby, if anything it shows (by the topic coming up in almost every thread) that the practice is quite widespread.
Your point of view: buyer doesn't have the right to know about this matters. Sellers, of course, they do.
Not my point of view at all. I have never said such a thing nor do I think it.
Are you more seller than buyer?
Irrelevant. I'll just say you continually fish for this sort of info and it gets you nowhere.
But, if I was right
You aren't.
, now I got why you get injured by my comments about scalpers.
I'm not "injured" by your comments about scalpers. It doesn't bother me, but I'm free to offer an opposite point of view whenever anyone brings it up. If I disagree with someone (not just you), and I have time to write and/or care about the topic enough, I usually do. I find some debates entertaining.
And now, I understand why you (and some) craze me once I comment.
No, I don't think that you do. But I respect your right to feel you understand :naughty:

BTW you completely missed my earlier point, or you didn't care to comment on it. Maybe you had to think about it for another hour.
Here it is again: first thing I read from you today was you telling or asking another member to not buy more than one edition of Godzilla vs Kong (let's keep the discussion on topic lol). I immediately lol at that but didn't really jump at first opportunity to let you know. What really tipped the scale was you then giving advice on a questionable activity. So you don't mind telling others how they should conduct themselves on a completely trivial matter which doesn't even affect you most of the time, but when others question you giving advice of dubious legality or asking you to keep it to a private conversation that you can't tolerate as I'm stepping on your rights. You didn't care about the rights of others to purchase as many editions as they see fit!

• Haha
Reactions: djjez83
"Wrong", "you lied", "keep it out", "That's not a good argument". "Wrong again". "You aren't right". That's all I read from you (and some of you).
I'm done with this kind of behaviour of "godness". Politely, you invite others not to join to any of any debates. They will get hurt by your "absolute truth" (so am I).

By the way, quoting messages from others which you quoted incompletely, mess up the fact covered.

BTW you completely missed my earlier point, ...
Here it is again: first thing I read from you today was you telling or asking another member to not buy more than one edition of Godzilla vs Kong (let's keep the discussion on topic lol). I immediately lol at that but didn't really jump at first opportunity to let you know. What really tipped the scale was you then giving advice on a questionable activity. So you don't mind telling others how they should conduct themselves on a completely trivial matter which doesn't even affect you most of the time ,but when others question you giving advice of dubious legality or asking you to keep it to a private conversation that you can't tolerate as I'm stepping on your rights. You didn't care about the rights of others to purchase as many editions as they see fit!

Mate. Once again, it affected to me a lot of times.
I lost my opportunity to buy (direct and from GB) in the past some editions which were putted on sale instantly on evilBay for x2 the retailer price.

Original price were reaaally high from the beginning. But if you add the scalper benefits, it goes mad (and unaffordable). So that's when you react against me.

I care about everyone can get one edition at least!
When someone are suspected to resell collectable sealed stuff (buying multiple), they steal the shot to others to get any of them at a reasonable price. Right away retailers opened the pre-order!

What's the problem? - People stealing other people the right to access to the same game than others use to scalp.

Maybe you are right when you said once the editions belongs to nobody. But the gap to get at least one belongs to any of us.

You are not VIP for every collectable.

Btw, coming back to the thread, if the back of the SL has the same finish than Tenet, SL would be the easy winner.

"Wrong", "you lied", "keep it out", "That's not a good argument". "Wrong again". "You aren't right". That's all I read from you (and some of you).
Well I'm sorry you feel that way. Along the way I make some good points.
If someone is wrong I'll say so, if they lie to make a point I'll also say so. And if you use a weak argument I'll also say so (BTW I could have turned that weak argument around at you just the same, that's why it was weak).
I'm done with this kind of behaviour of "godness".
You mistake knowing how to debate for godness. I have never implied such.
Politely, you invite others not to join to any of any debates.
That's completely untrue. I tend to like debating, why would I not want to debate? That makes no sense.

By the way, quoting messages from others which you quoted incompletely, mess up the fact covered.
That is not my intention, sometimes I split up the quoted comment just so that it's easier to follow along. In any case if you feel like I misquote you please speak up, be specific and I'll re-address it.
Mate. Once again, it affected to me a lot of times.
Fine.

But the gap to get at least one belongs to any of us.
There's many more ninjas than premium editions out there so we can't all get one.
You are not VIP for every collectable.
You are correct, I am not. And I don't need to be. Take today for example, I was there on time. Got my order in, no fuss. Done.
Had I missed out and I still wanted one I would have sourced one elsewhere, be it eBay, wait for the classified, talk with friends that got more than one copy and may be persuaded to sell me one, etc. There's many ways. Would I pay more than direct? Sure. But if I failed to source one direct that's on me and I would expect to pay a little extra (or a lot) depending on where I sourced it from. If it's a lot I can reconsider if I really want it at the new price. What I won't do is tell others they can't sell their property for whatever they want to sell it for. That's one way of seeing things.

Your way is you want to get it direct and if you can great, if you can't then things should change so that you can. And the world is unfair because resellers exist and they won't sell at cost because they want to make a little money on the side, they have a small business going on the side there, but it doesn't matter, there shouldn't be a business there because you want your copy and they're stealing your chance to own a copy direct from the source. Who are they that they would dare buy more than one copy and rob you of yours.
Btw, coming back to the thread, if the back of the SL has the same finish than Tenet, SL would be the easy winner.
Well at least you have good taste :LOL: I also went SL...
and FS, and 2x DL and OC

I'm kidding
Or am I?
Child Smile GIF

Christian Bale Idk GIF

Oh, I don't know, @BluSteel2012, this has been kind of like therapy.

We have one guy who has an opinion on things, and another guy who has his thoughts on those opinions.

To top it off you have the original guy condemning the opinionated ninja for seeing things differently. They felt insulted because he has a different take.

These things have nothing to do with Godzilla vs Kong, but do help others in seeing just who it is we're dealing with. Personally I stay away from anyone who claims someone who disagrees with them has a god complex, rather; godness, I find that both rediculous, unjustifiable, and insulting.

People see things differently. Always have. Always will. Sure, you get pockets of people who see eye to eye, but rarely on everything. I would guess that all of us, if there was a way, would have it so everyone could have every steel they wanted. There is no way to stop someone from purchasing multiple steels any more than hoarding toilet paper. Take the JAWS FAC for instance. I was salivating over that thing like a 5 day starved pit bull. But boom...it was gone. We had a group buy but I missed out on it. "I" missed out on it. If someone got 2 or 3 with the intention to sell and profit, or maybe cover the cost of the one they got that otherwise they couldn't afford, good for them. Sucks for me because I missed out. but it's on me. Same with Godzilla vs Kong, or any other movie you want to bring up that has a premium edition.

Reactions: DMD4k
Nice ... instead of reading post that matter to actual release. Last couple sites i'm reading "garbage".
I wonder what mods are doing... Prob 0... :sleep:

Oh, I don't know, @BluSteel2012, this has been kind of like therapy.

We have one guy who has an opinion on things, and another guy who has his thoughts on those opinions.

To top it off you have the original guy condemning the opinionated ninja for seeing things differently. They felt insulted because he has a different take.

These things have nothing to do with Godzilla vs Kong, but do help others in seeing just who it is we're dealing with. Personally I stay away from anyone who claims someone who disagrees with them has a god complex, rather; godness, I find that both rediculous, unjustifiable, and insulting.

People see things differently. Always have. Always will. Sure, you get pockets of people who see eye to eye, but rarely on everything. I would guess that all of us, if there was a way, would have it so everyone could have every steel they wanted. There is no way to stop someone from purchasing multiple steels any more than hoarding toilet paper. Take the JAWS FAC for instance. I was salivating over that thing like a 5 day starved pit bull. But boom...it was gone. We had a group buy but I missed out on it. "I" missed out on it. If someone got 2 or 3 with the intention to sell and profit, or maybe cover the cost of the one they got that otherwise they couldn't afford, good for them. Sucks for me because I missed out. but it's on me. Same with Godzilla vs Kong, or any other movie you want to bring up that has a premium edition.
no its not good for them tbh if theres a clear 1 per customer limitation which they circumvent with fake accounts which happens all too often... and covering ones cost is literally same as scalping, but other than that i agree.,. thats the way it is

I would guess that all of us, if there was a way, would have it so everyone could have every steel they wanted.

Apparently this is not true. I have seen more than one complaint from the same person about how they don't like the fact that Manta has on more than one occasion increased the print run of their editions after their initial announcement.

Basically this person is always unhappy when more people get to own a SteelBook that he will own as well.

I also want to point out one other thing. Even if people didn't buy multiple copies of limited edition SteelBooks, some people are always going to miss out. Not every one who wants one can have one. They don't make enough for everybody that wants one. That's just the way it is.

So for everybody who uses that ridiculous argument "I missed out because he got 2 and sold them on eBay" just stop already. It isn't true. Everybody has the same fair opportunity to purchase from Group Buys or direct from the manufacturer at the on-sale time.

Rawr, this threads a little feisty today.
This is seemingly now a common theme for these big budget releases haha.

If it’s not scalpers, it’s print runs. If it’s not print runs it’s GBs without prior warning. If it’s not GBs without prior warning, it’s WeET’s terrible website. If it’s not their terrible website, it’s Ninjas inability to F5…

Its crazy, that’s what it is!

1629494080073.gif