Godzilla vs. Kong (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 41) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: October 20, 2021
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip - Lenti - Double Lenti (Pre-order on August 20, at 8 PM - Hong Kong time)
Price: $174.97 (Box Set) - $52.99 (Full Slip) - $53.99 (Lenti - Double Lenti)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv Box Set - Full Slip - Lenti - Double Lenti

Note: WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Embossed Title".
Box Set: Spot Foil, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing. 600 Sets, Numbered 1-600.
Full Slip: Spot Foil, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing. 1000 Units, Numbered 1-1000.
Lenticular Full Slip: 3D Lenticular, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing. 1000 Units, Numbered 1-1000.
Double Lenticular Full Slip: 3D Lenticular x 2 , Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing. 1000 Units, Numbered 1-1000.
Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker, Tip On.

Box_Packshot_4ba3fae9-f91e-46c7-ba6c-f9b39d864552_2000x.jpgFS_packshot_4ab66f05-ab71-4bd3-86da-de73336e349b_2000x.jpgLS_packshot_c692a244-e116-4b0f-97aa-1e3a8b731ff3_2000x.jpgDLS_packshot_11b02c7f-224a-47c0-9c51-be6d33775a0f_2000x.jpg

Last edited:
Which single edition sold out first? I woke up, bought the DL, fumbled around on my phone and saw everything gone about 30 minutes after and then went back to sleep.

Since many people asked I'll tell you my thoughts (lol tbh no one did).
Scenario #1. Print run 1.000 copies, all going to collectors. The world is a beautiful place to live in.
Scenario #2. Print run 1.000 copies. I get smashed and forget the preorder date/hour. All copies go to collectors so I'll have to wait until one of them wanna sell his copy before I can get a copy (price depends on market rule of demand/supply).
Scenario #3. Usual bloodbath. Among collectors are hidden scalpere whose only aim is to make the most out of a release. They take copies that would usually go to collectors. This happened to me with Spider-Man 1/2/3 and I had to get them from a reseller for more than double their price (my choice ofc, but still).
Scenario #3, although perfectly legal, annoys me and hurt the market.
Am I wrong?

Scenario #3. Usual bloodbath. Among collectors are hidden scalpere whose only aim is to make the most out of a release. They take copies that would usually go to collectors. This happened to me with Spider-Man 1/2/3 and I had to get them from a reseller for more than double their price (my choice ofc, but still).
Am I wrong?
An alternative scenario #3. Same as yours but in a world where "scalpers" can be collectors too.
In your scenario #2 and scenario #3 you initially end up without a copy until you buy one. You sleep better imagining you're in scenario #2. I'd even argue you have a better chance to get your wanted edition and faster with scenario #3, for obvious reasons.

Since many people asked I'll tell you my thoughts (lol tbh no one did).
Scenario #1. Print run 1.000 copies, all going to collectors. The world is a beautiful place to live in.
Scenario #2. Print run 1.000 copies. I get smashed and forget the preorder date/hour. All copies go to collectors so I'll have to wait until one of them wanna sell his copy before I can get a copy (price depends on market rule of demand/supply).
Am I wrong?

But when you buy it from a reseller that copy still goes to a collector, correct?

But when you buy it from a reseller that copy still goes to a collector, correct?
Yes it does, but at a higher price. That collector could have managed to bag a copy at retail price if the reseller wasn't involved from the beginning.
Ofc please note that I'm using a lot of "if" ;)

Reactions: hatredhorror
Yes it does, but at a higher price. That collector could have managed to bag a copy at retail price if the reseller wasn't involved from the beginning.
Ofc please note that I'm using a lot of "if" ;)
Well IF the "collector" would have been ready the minute the preorder was live the "collector" wouldn't need to consider any other scenario than #1, and the "collector" can live in peace.
IF the "collector" doesn't care or can't be on time for the preorder, then the "collector" knows beforehand there's a risk the price will be higher later on.
It's all the "collector's" choice. The "collector" has the power to control the outcome and stick it to the "scalper" before the "products" even leave the "warehouse".

P.S. You only used "if" once.

Well IF the "collector" would have been ready the minute the preorder was live the "collector" wouldn't need to consider any other scenario than #1, and the "collector" can live in peace.
IF the "collector" doesn't care or can't be on time for the preorder, then the "collector" knows beforehand there's a risk the price will be higher later on.
It's all the "collector's" choice. The "collector" has the power to control the outcome and stick it to the "scalper" before the "products" even leave the "warehouse".

True. I've never had to source from resellers stuff I couldn't get (being there when the preorder starts or even before, joining GB's, can make you get anything you want). I was just making ideal scenarios, we know #3 will always be the only one happening.
I'm just witnessing more people interested in this hobby because it can lead to a profit and, thus, prices are rising. I mean, Thor lenti once was "teh grail", now almost everything is a grail ;)

Reactions: DMD4k
Ignore him bud.

Try to get in contact with Collectong and say them to mark the parcel as "customs friendly" value (15$ f.e.)
You (in UK) will be charged by customs as here (in Spain).

As lower the value is marked, the lower you pay about customs and taxes.
Don't pay attention to customs form. You will have to pay customs in UK anyway for all non-UK stuff imported.

That was totally unwarranted as have most of your posts in this thread, not sure what your problem is?

Oh no not another day, I think the job for mods is to give HiDef more space on the web as these threads could be huge haha
Or, the Mods could just be busy with their own lives and haven't had the time to check in yet. Plus, if nothing's been reported (the quickest way to get our attention), then we're just gonna assume no one has a problem with anything that's being discussed.

But, yeah... having now had the chance to catch up with this thread, it's definitely time to move on please folks. :)

This all kind of reminds me of fantasy football.

You have your draft to select players. You let all the participants know wellllllll in advance the date, and time that the draft will start.

Every year someone lallygags and shows up AFTER it has started. Then they b!tch and moan because someone got the player they wanted and the computer, as it's supposed to do, gave them a player they didn't want. This happened because pick of the owner who was late came up, and the timer expired, so the computer gave him the next guy on the list.

Like the guy in that scenario (which literally happened last year), you can piss and moan all you like when you miss out on something. At the end of the day, you are responsible for your fortunes. Plus, if you are on Ninja, you know the deal. You have plenty of time and notice of when things are going down. Are there times Group Buys happen and before you get back on the item you want...from FAC...is sold out? Heck yes. It has happened to me. But those are the breaks.

Like when I stood in line for 26 hours to get tickets to the Grateful Dead, only to have the SOLD OUT sign shoved in my face when I got up to the ticket window. Fortunately, the 26 hours was jammed packed with a ton of partying so I at least had that. Also...if it'd gotten there sooner I would have been further up in line and would have gotten the ticket.

It's all about timing, being where you're supposed to be when it goes down, and pulling the trigger.

Not sure if any of that makes sense. It's wicked early and I'm on coffee cup number 1.

Reactions: Jaxxx and DMD4k
Or, the Mods could just be busy with their own lives and haven't had the time to check in yet. Plus, if nothing's been reported (the quickest way to get our attention), then we're just gonna assume no one has a problem with anything that's being discussed.

But, yeah... having now had the chance to catch up with this thread, it's definitely time to move on please folks. :)
Sorry @Noodles I didn't see your call to move on until just now. But yeah....let's talk about this awesome set that will soon be coming our way!!

The SL is, IMO, intense. My only question is how can it be embossed if it's a lenti? Are embossed Lenti's a thing?

Reactions: samdavies